Home

Toronto Raptors

This is a discussion on Toronto Raptors within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Toronto Raptors

I really want to nab a guy like Kabongo in the 2nd round. Maybe if we could trade Bargs for a 2nd/late first, we could land him.

I'm perfectly fine with Amir. Lowry/DD/Gay/Amir/JV was one of the most efficient 5 man units this year.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...five-man-unit/

Amir is easily one of the most underrated big men in the game. I know Demar has a lot of haters but he's easily my favorite player, the kid can ball. He's been AMAZING lately, and Rudy's feeding off him. Lowry's playmaking has been off the charts. JV's post game is awesome right now and his rebounding is nice. If he bulks up he'll be a monster.

We could use a few FA pieces, though.

Lowry
Demar
Rudy
Amir
JV

Tony Allen
Kevin Martin/Jodie Meeks
Ross
Acy
Kabongo
Telfair
Elton Brand/Jason Maxiell/Andrins Biedrins
____ (No clue what to put here haha)
Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #10

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Even going with the starting lineup of what you said:

C-JV
PF-Johnson
SF-Gay
SG-DeRozan
PG-Lowry

Our bench would have:
PG-Lucas(Lucas over Telfair since Lucas is under contract next year and Telfair isn't)
SG-Ross
PF-Acy

Meaning a backup SF, backup C are two musts. Then a PG/SG and a PF/C.

4 free agents really is what we need. With the lineup posted above, that takes up about 49M. Meaning we'd have about 20M to spend on 4 bench guys. The backup SF and backup C combined could prob take up around 16M and the 11-12th guys could just be small deals.

Just gotta see what we do with Bargnani,Fields. Both of which are under contract next year too. I'd hope we can trade them somehow. Would've been cool if we could trade one of these guys just for like a 2nd pick, buy out the other, and completely fix up our bench.

But if we have to keep those two guys, we'd have only 2 free roster spaces and 4M to spend.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #11

Majingir's Arena

Rumors of Casey maybe not back for next season....(ironically,they say he wont be back if BC STAYS)

If so..who do people see as next coach? Stan Van Gundy would be good option, a guy whose never had a losing season in his career(though he's been in Florida for like past 20 years and was born in California so don't think he'd wanna come here)

Scott Skiles maybe(a former Suns coach who was around during BC days in Phoenix)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Phil Jackson wants to coach next year. I don't care how much money it takes, I don't care how far-fetched this is, I want this to happen.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #13

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
Phil Jackson wants to coach next year. I don't care how much money it takes, I don't care how far-fetched this is, I want this to happen.
He barely even wanted to coach road games for Lakers, he's not coaching out of California lol.

Mike Brown is another name that is available too.

Just some names at positions I think we could use:

C-Dalembert
PF-Hickson,West,Millsap
SG-Brewer
PG/SG-Gibson

1 guy of the 4 listed at C-PF we could/should get(and also sign a under 1M, 11-12th man big man for our team)

Brewer if he can find his shot like he had in Utah, he'd be good bench SF/SG(for times that 2 of Ross,DeRozan or Gay aren't on the court for)

Gibson would be good guy to add as backup PG/SG.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-19-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #14
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

If Mike Brown replaces Casey I'm done.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #15

Majingir's Arena

Tim Leiweke will be President/CEO of MLSE as of June 30th and seems like big focus will be on Raptors(since Leafs are in playoffs and are obviously NHLs most profitable team regardless if they are 1st or 30th in league standings).

The thing that I don't like though, is the June 30th date. It's AFTER the NBA Draft. Meaning if GM/Coach decisions are to be made, it should be BEFORE the draft. Last thing we'd want, is BC incharge at the draft, doing some crazy move(or NOT accepting some trade that is great for Raptors,since he was told to hold off on deals until new CEO/President determines his future).

Raptors don't have 1st round pick so luckily we won't be potentially wasting a draft pick(since the guy who makes the pick,might not even be GM for the season).

All the Phil Jackson rumors are fun to hear, but realistically, I hope he is able to bring in some smart GM for Raptors. Someone who is great with drafting and loves to deal, cause those are only ways Raptors are getting players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #16
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

All i've heard from Tim Leiweke I like so far!

Why wouldn't players want to play in Toronto?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »