Home

It's going to take the ENTIRE community to fix this EPIC FAIL i.e. EA NCAA ROSTER

This is a discussion on It's going to take the ENTIRE community to fix this EPIC FAIL i.e. EA NCAA ROSTER within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: It's going to take the ENTIRE community to fix this EPIC FAIL i.e. EA NCAA ROSTER

People lose sight of the fact that rosters are not a big deal like Playmakers said.

The reason is because with pending lawsuits and more pressure from players or former players to not use their likeness when they are not receiving royalties. It is going to make rosters worst every year.

EA has given the customers the ability to edit everything for the player and they know that the customers will fix them and that will be that.

They are not going to tie man hours in bunches to a few workers to get every player (70) on every team (119) correct with height and weight and year and hometown.

That is impossible to almost accomplish and with pressure coming down on them it will make it even worst.

People think that this is a screw job by EA and it is not. It is what it is and it will be the start of less accurate ncaa rosters for years to come because for a long time EA kept on given the customers ncaa rosters that were just like real life and that is a no no because they have to draw the line somewhere as much as some of you do not want to hear that. But is not you that is being sued and is not you that has to pay fines to the likes of Sam keller or any player that decides to make a buck

FootballForever...Thanx for the tip on Phil Steele book. I might get it after work and work on the rosters myself and enjoy this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #26
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: It's going to take the ENTIRE community to fix this EPIC FAIL i.e. EA NCAA ROSTER

I know this is really stupid, but I've always wondered why we can't use characters in naming (ie. , - etc.). I've never understood this, and from a database perspective, makes no sense.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #27
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll help with Mississippi state
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I have already edited Ohio State. Names, ratings, hometowns and created players if we want to start a community project to get some really good Offline and Online Dynasty rosters.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Where's that snake DT Lindler when you need him. I'd actually pay that rat to fix this stuff this year as long as he was quick with it.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #30
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If you guys want, you can use the TeamBuilder UVA squad I have as a reference for the Virginia Cavaliers. My brother made the team using my gamertag and he did a pretty good job with it, IMO. Only error is that I should warn you all about is that he knowingly made QB recruit Ross Metheny a DT because he didn't have enough quarterbacks on the template he used.

He attempted to make the ratings fairly reasonable as well; the team is a B with a B- offense and a B+ defense, which compared to everyone else in the ACC on the default roster still is good for like 9th best in the conference.

Good luck with modifying the roster, sounds like you have a TON of work ahead of you though to get it where you want it to be.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Well granted I only worked on Miami last night, due to being so tired. I'm using Phil steels college preview book and so every player in the book on Miami is in the game.
Phil Steels book is the bible of College football, They have all the correct heights and weights of the players, and I noticed that some of the EA rosters players are in the wrong year, ex. There were some players that were sophomores that were suppose to be rsFr, well thanks to Phil steels book I corrected them.
Phile Steele is what I am using also, along with 2 other sites. My 360 system might overheat with the time I'm spending. Taking me about 45 minutes a team. I have 6 done already. If I can do 3-5 a day on bad days and 7-10 on really good days I'll be happy. I am gonna try and finish the SEC conference today I'm hoping

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 07-14-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #32
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I will do what I can to make Iowa accurate.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »