Home

Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #97
Rookie

MattUM2's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrunner24
I would have Robert Griffin a bit faster than an 84 for speed. He was an all-American hurdler his freshman year of college. I think he held or holds the Texas high school records in the 110 and 300m hurdles.
Griffin 40 time is around 4.54. His jump rating and acceleration rating is off the charts though.

Compared to a Madden rating with QB's around the same 40 time, 84 is a proper selection for him.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Hey man, I totally appreciate your opinion on what his strength should be, but being said, these are the rosters my friends and I enjoy using. The beauty with EA's Locker Share is you don't have to download and use the rosters. So instead of complaining about rosters you don't like and won't use, go ahead and make your own to your liking. To me, it is what makes the game amazing; the ability to make the game play the way you and your friends want it to play.
Basically what you're saying is that you're wrong but don't want to admit it.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #99
Rookie

tcrunner24's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM2
Griffin 40 time is around 4.54. His jump rating and acceleration rating is off the charts though.

Compared to a Madden rating with QB's around the same 40 time, 84 is a proper selection for him.
I read his coach saying he runs between 4.3 and 4.4. He did tear his knee up at one point.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
Old 07-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #100
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy778
Basically what you're saying is that you're wrong but don't want to admit it.
Hahaha... How am I wrong? If you read the first post about the rosters you will understand why I rate the guys the way I do. I do not care how many times a play can rep 225 times, I rate the rosters on the way they perform IN THE GAME.

EDIT: It is rather funny the Bama fans are so upset over a video game strength rating.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 07-10-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #101
MVP

cparrish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by labballin24
I agree about Barkley being underrated. There is no way Crist should be higher than him in my opinion.

Which I would love to see what Parish thinks Dayne Crist's ratings should be as well as Barkley.
I do not go by overall ratings. The overall rating is not a correct rating. It is just a way to make it easier for people to decide who to start and who to have as backups. If player A is a 90 overall, and player B is an 85 overall, that does nothing for me. What I care are about specific ratings toward the position they play on the field, and what type of offense I am trying to run with my specific team.

Let's say Player A has an overall of 92 with 87 speed, 89 acceleration, 91 throwing power, and 79 accuracy, but Player B has an overall of 87 with 72 speed, 79 acceleration, 85 throwing power, and 88 accuracy, well 99 out of 100 times I am going to with Play B because he ratings corelate more to productive QB play.

With that being said, who do I see is a better QB, Barkley hands down in my opinion.

EDIT: Here are what I would probably rate Crist and Barkley at the beginning of the season.

Dayne Crist
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

• Crist is a big pocket QB with a big arm but tends to throw a "heavy" ball. He isn't extremely accurate, and most of his completions are to slants, TE drags, and check downs. He also is running the Brian Kelly system which is known for simplifying the offense so the QB can be very successful in it. While I do think Crist is a solid QB, I just don't see him anywhere near to being an elite QB at the college level.
Speed:………………...72…77
Agility:………………….67…67
Acceleration:……….66…66
Awareness:………….87…81
Elusiveness:…………27…47
BC Vision:…………….54…54
Throw Power:………93…93
Throw Accuracy:…87…82

Matt Barkley
USC Trojans

• I really like Barkley's game, and the improvements he made between 2009 and 2010 were big. He has an NFL arm, he is accurate, and what I see he does that Crist doesn't do, is he progresses through his reads and makes decisions quickly. While Crist tends to wait to long and force the ball into coverage, and luckily for him, Floyd has bailed him out many times.
Speed:………………...75…75
Agility:………………….72…72
Acceleration:……….88…81
Awareness:………….78…84
Elusiveness:…………57…67
BC Vision:…………….60…60
Throw Power:………91…91
Throw Accuracy:…90…90

Last edited by cparrish; 07-10-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #102
MVP

cparrish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
MattUM, I disagree with Moore having better THP than Keenun. Keenum has at least been discussed as having an NFL future. Kolb has done it out of the same system.

Moore's arm strength is really going to hurt his NFL potential.
Since this was directed at me I would say from what I have seen, especially the Bowl game against Air Force, Keenum does not have a very strong arm. What does separate him from other College QBs is his extremely quick delivery which sadly I can do nothing about since we don't have the options of picking a throwing motion for the QBs in the game.

Moore on the other hand is someone I have really had a tough time gauging what rating to give him. I have thought of rating him anywhere from 84 to 79. While he does not put zip on the ball the majority of the time, he has shown in games the ability to make the 50+ yard throw accurately, and I have seen him throw outs with enough zip and the ability to get the ball in the air quicker than most QBs because of him reading the defenses so quickly. The only way I think of putting that in the game would be to have his arm strength around 84.

EDIT: Kolbhas a much stronger arm than Keenum has.

Last edited by cparrish; 07-10-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #103
MVP

cparrish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrunner24
I read his coach saying he runs between 4.3 and 4.4. He did tear his knee up at one point.
NEVER go by what the school says a player runs a 40 in, benches, squats, power cleans, height, etc. They ALWAYS inflate the numbers.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM2

my rosters/edits will use the Madden ratings system aswell which reduces overall ratings and spreads them out even more it uses a more realistic speed chart that matches draftscout.com 40 times

i don't pay attention to those speed reports by the schools because then every 8 out of 10 skill players in NCAA will be 90+ speed.

There will be very few players on each team with 90 speed, acceleration or agility

I'm not bumping a guy up in ratings just to make his overall higher his tendencies will determine how he plays on the field not his overall rating

People tend to see 80 speed on WR's and RB's and think it's a bad thing but in reality the default rosters inflate speed big time....I have created tons of WR's in the past with 80 speed and guess what they still beat coverages because of their Route running skills

DB's will take biggest hit in ratings using the Madden engine because their overall ratings drop big time when you reduce their speed and agility ratings then the actual skill ratings will seperate their effectiveness

From looking Team Builder they have rated so many of these DB's as if they are Deion Sanders, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Champ Bailey or Darelle Revis.....

No way in hell should there be that many top fligh DB's in this game all at one time.

The reason why very few CB's turn out to be special players is because they are very rare/hard to find....I'm definetly going to fix that problem i've never seen so many guys 90+ in Man Coverage that is laughable.

Major prop's to cparrish i love what i've seen from him so far....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »