Home

Penn State Transfer Tracker

This is a discussion on Penn State Transfer Tracker within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #57
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penn State Transfer Tracker

This has probably been reported but LB Khairi Fortt to Cal.

I feel that Silas Redd's transfer has opened up the flood gates a bit.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
This has probably been reported but LB Khairi Fortt to Cal.

I feel that Silas Redd's transfer has opened up the flood gates a bit.
Yep, once he transferred everyone started abandoning ship.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Yep, once he transferred everyone started abandoning ship.
I don't agree at all... so far the only guys to leave are the ones that we knew about. Redd is by far the biggest blow, Fortt will definitely hurt and Fera, if he goes, will hurt as much as special teams player can hurt. Brown is just a rumor at this time and Bolden was gone regardless of whether there were sanctions or not... he was trying to get out of his scholarship last year and Paterno said no. Just about every one of the remaining playmakers on the team has voiced their commitment to the program.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 14

Silas Redd is a key player for PSU...he made them go last year when they were struggling. He came up with key runs against Ohio State as much as I hate to admit it.

If he's gone, then their offense drops off quite a bit. Granted, it looks like they'll be more of a passing team, but still...once you lose some of those quality players and depth, it'll hurt.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
Silas Redd is a key player for PSU...he made them go last year when they were struggling. He came up with key runs against Ohio State as much as I hate to admit it.

If he's gone, then their offense drops off quite a bit. Granted, it looks like they'll be more of a passing team, but still...once you lose some of those quality players and depth, it'll hurt.
Redd WAS their offense last year. I think he'll have a phenomenal season with USC, since defenses won't be able to focus on him, like they did last year. As much as I like McGloin, he's not the greatest QB and now he doesn't have Redd to lean on. I know Bolden wanted out, but I thought he would've benefitted the most from working with O'Brien had he stayed. Paul Jones will probably get the nod next year (and I think he may actually be the best QB on the roster this year), but I think the future is in 2013 recruit Christian Hackenberg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #62
Rookie

nttnybuc's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
Redd WAS their offense last year. I think he'll have a phenomenal season with USC, since defenses won't be able to focus on him, like they did last year. As much as I like McGloin, he's not the greatest QB and now he doesn't have Redd to lean on. I know Bolden wanted out, but I thought he would've benefitted the most from working with O'Brien had he stayed. Paul Jones will probably get the nod next year (and I think he may actually be the best QB on the roster this year), but I think the future is in 2013 recruit Christian Hackenberg.
Redd's biggest rip is that he isn't much of a homerun threat. He has great burst and acceleration but lacks the top end speed that a guy his size requires to be considered elite.

Belton will be fine as the #1 RB for the time being and Akeel Lynch is not one to sleep on. I personally feel that Fortt is a bigger loss (long term, anyways) than Silas.

And to say that "the flood gates are opened" is an exaggeration at this point. Redd, Fortt, and Fera are the only players of any significance leaving.

Last edited by nttnybuc; 08-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttnybuc
Redd's biggest rip is that he isn't much of a homerun threat. He has great burst and acceleration but lacks the top end speed that a guy his size requires to be considered elite.

Belton will be fine as the #1 RB for the time being and Akeel Lynch is not one to sleep on. I personally feel that Fortt is a bigger loss (long term, anyways) than Silas.

And to say that "the flood gates are opened" is an exaggeration at this point. Redd, Fortt, and Fera are the only players of any significance leaving.
Yeah, I agree...most of the core on the defense is staying. Same goes for the offense with the exception of Silas Redd. It's not really all that bad. May struggle with the depth if there's a lot of injuries and there's a lot of inexperience with the backups.

We'll have to see how it looks in the spring if more players want to take advantage of the free transfer rule.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #64
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

can we get the first post updated with all the transfers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »