Home

Penn State Transfer Tracker

This is a discussion on Penn State Transfer Tracker within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Penn State Transfer Tracker

Not sure how this plays out with a school like USC that still has scholarship sanctions in play but I read this in a Detroit Free Press article today:

"The NCAA said teams could go over the 85-man limit if they sign a Penn State transfer, but they would have to subsequently operate under the limit the following year."

So if a team is willing to not recruit as many guys next year the option is there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #26
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttnybuc
Pat Tholey on 247Sports:

"USC 2012 signee Darreus Rogers is still waiting for clearance from the NCAA Clearinghouse. What happens here will determine how serious the Trojans are in Redd because if Rogers enrolls, then USC would have to petition the NCAA to go above their scholarship limit of 75 for this year and then take one less next year. USC has interest in Redd, but still a long way to go. Also it's important to note that USC isn't in dire need of running back depth either."

So like I said...
like i said....He, among others are counting Will Andrew as part of the 75

USC has several preferred walk ons (Burnett, Markowitz, Andrews etc,) that are sometimes given one year scholarships before the season starts, and are assumed by some people to be in the 75 count right now. Those walk on scholarships for the coming season have not been awarded yet (Markowitz), and others have been notified that they will not be receiving one this season or are aware there is no guarantee for this year (Andrew). USC has always rewarded some walk ons each year

Rogers = 74
Redd = 75

If there was no room, they would not be meeting with him or taking the chance that Rogers doesn't qualify.

Last season we were under our allotted cap so some walk ons were given ONE year scholarships. If they don't renew ANY of them that they handed out to walk ons we could even be as low as 72 and could take more Penn State players. Only one who is safe is Burnett. The media and others are still counting these people towards the 75 since they were on scholarship last season (although only Burnett played).

Last edited by franch1se; 07-26-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
Rookie

msuSpartan11's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
Not sure how this plays out with a school like USC that still has scholarship sanctions in play but I read this in a Detroit Free Press article today:

"The NCAA said teams could go over the 85-man limit if they sign a Penn State transfer, but they would have to subsequently operate under the limit the following year."

So if a team is willing to not recruit as many guys next year the option is there.

Thank You... was about to post this too
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #28
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
like i said....He, among others are counting Will Andrew as part of the 75

USC has several preferred walk ons (Burnett, Markowitz, Andrews etc,) that are sometimes given one year scholarships before the season starts, and are assumed by some people to be in the 75 count right now. Those walk on scholarships for the coming season have not been awarded yet (Markowitz), and others have been notified that they will not be receiving one this season or are aware there is no guarantee for this year (Andrew). USC has always rewarded some walk ons each year

Rogers = 74
Redd = 75

If there was no room, they would not be meeting with him or taking the chance that Rogers doesn't qualify.

Last season we were under our allotted cap so some walk ons were given ONE year scholarships. If they don't renew ANY of them that they handed out to walk ons we could even be as low as 72 and could take more Penn State players. Only one who is safe is Burnett. The media and others are still counting these people towards the 75 since they were on scholarship last season (although only Burnett played).
False. Multiple sources have confirmed that if Rodgers is deemed eligible USC will be at their max of 75 scholarships. Kiffen met with Redd before he knew that it was from THIS seasons scholarship totals. He thought it was for next years scholarships. But the NCAA clarified. If Rodgers is deemed eligible then Redd cannot be on the team unless SC cuts a player or demotes one to a walk on. Which they most likely wouldn't do, because they'd be unnecessarily jeopardizing a students future.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #29
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
False. Multiple sources have confirmed that if Rodgers is deemed eligible USC will be at their max of 75 scholarships. Kiffen met with Redd before he knew that it was from THIS seasons scholarship totals. He thought it was for next years scholarships. But the NCAA clarified. If Rodgers is deemed eligible then Redd cannot be on the team unless SC cuts a player or demotes one to a walk on. Which they most likely wouldn't do, because they'd be unnecessarily jeopardizing a students future.
Don't put anything past Kiffin. I don't think he really cares about a students future to be honest. I'm not just saying that because he's a douche for what he did to Tennessee either. He's a snake in the grass scumbag who is out to make a splash anywhere he goes. He's an attention getter. He wants to make the media. He certainly done that here in Tennessee, but of course it wouldn't be smart for him to step back in the state of TN lol. Ok ... so maybe I am still pretty PO'd at him. I guess that's part of being a true Tennessee fan. Of course I'm going to hate him after the screw job he pulled on us.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #30
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

At this point not sure who is staying or not. I do know Eugene Lewis is staying he said that he really, likes the campus and the fact of playing in front of 100,000. He was an exciting player in high school he seemed to do it all, lets hope he can make an impact for PSU, its a shame that this whole situation happened.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #31
Rookie

KINGDAWG28's Arena

I'm pretty sure Lane Kiffin and Pat Haden know what their doing. Sorry Penn State, you can keep 90% of your players, your records the last few years have shown how "loaded" you are. USC has no interest in anyone else from Penn State. Redd not starting over true freshman prospects at Georgia, your out of your mind. Redd will not start at SC, but you don't have to at USC, the NFL still welcomes you with open arms.

I find it pretty insane that people are trying to bang on Kiffin for doing what every other program tried to due to SC, and they only got scrubs that hadn't played and never would.

Penn State was middle of the pack before the sanctions, they are not gonna be magically better. As much as you don't want to admit it Penn State is not viewed upon like USC, Bama etc. players aren't going to come from CA,TX,FL etc. To deal with sanctions on a middle of the road team. The upperclassmen will stay, only a few are good players any ways. So let's dial back the boasting. Take your spring roster, mark off the seniors and walk-ons and wait at least a month. Because the ramifications of what is really gonna take place have not even begun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #32
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

There is so much butt-hurt in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »