Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #753
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

I'll check again, but I remember changing coaches team id and they stayed the same. I tried doing it right at the end of the season, before off season.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:51 PM   #754
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I'll check again, but I remember changing coaches team id and they stayed the same. I tried doing it right at the end of the season, before off season.
Hmm, I haven't tried that, just "activating" coaches that were in the FCS pool. I basically figured out which coaches were active in the dynasty, and copied the numbers to an inactive coach, and added the team I was adding to dynasty.

511 is the number, btw.

I'm about to run a test adding three teams at the beginning of the season. I'll need to create a schedule for them as well. It'll probably be made-up of each other, and 1-AA teams in order to avoid confusion.

I think I have figured out player ID's: basically the 1-AA teams have players with much later numbers, like they start at 10k where it seems 1-A end at 8k.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #755
Pro

esayem's Arena

Well, I can’t seem to figure out a way around the BCS poll glitching out. Everything worked perfectly adding three teams into dynasty except the poll glitch where the two lowest ranked teams play for the title. JDHalftrack mentioned editing the rankings in the DB editor, which I tried. It didn’t change the schedule though.

Guess I’ll stick with 119.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2020, 08:07 AM   #756
Pro

esayem's Arena

Can the dynasty editor be used on games prior to NCAA 06?
Old 12-07-2020, 11:05 AM   #757
Rookie

Jet5195wvu's Arena

OVR: 4

Would anyone be interested in a discord for retro NCAA talk? I made one at some point but never invited anyone (I don't think, my search functionality isn't working at the moment for whatever reason).

Here's a link:
https://discord.gg/gfm4Gdt9gp

And I'm not sure about using the database editor on prior games. 06 was the first game I played, but if prior dynasty modes were similar then I imagine you can since you can use it through 2011 ps2 I believe.
Tampa Bay Rays

Last edited by Jet5195wvu; 12-07-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #758
Pro

esayem's Arena

Sure.

I tried to use the editor on NCAA 2002 the other day, but when I renamed the save with the .db extension it wouldn’t load in the editor.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #759
MVP

OVR: 9

Maybe 04? The editors like the original db editor was based off Madden 04 on pc. I'd assume that'd it work for the years game and beyond.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #760
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Maybe 04? The editors like the original db editor was based off Madden 04 on pc. I'd assume that'd it work for the years game and beyond.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

It’s still puzzling what the old Big West logo is doing in the dynasty files. The old Big 8 logo is there as well. Maybe the programmers had a little fun and customized their own experience. There is one game where the Mountain West logo is on Weber State’s field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »