Home

Old 10-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #17
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: AA PS2

what were you getting mad about? these really grow on you...
Old 10-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #18
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Not so good on my 2nd game...
Michigan 62 - Purdue 10

I was up 45- 10 at half, granit the perdue boilermakers aren't a quality team but still would like to see a little challange from them.

C. Henne was a stud the first half going 10-10 for 173 yards and 2 TDs
(DIdnt play 2nd half)
M.Hart ran hard with 27 ATT for 238 yards and 4 tds, pulled in 3rd Qtr
As a team ran for 335 yds
Super Mario had 7 rec for 158 and 2tds..Perdues secondary is horrific by the way.,

My D shut them down for the most part except one run for 53 yrd TD
I do have an A+ Def

Will try another one tonight hopefully..Its against Indiana so I expect another blow out..keep ya posted
Old 10-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #19
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

thanks for the info...if you dont have your own house rules with this game, set some...unfortunately, this game will have times where you dominate teams and times when you struggle with them...i used michigan alot at first, but these sliders work really well for those mid-level teams such as ole miss or air force...so with Michigan, unless you pull a Lloyd Carr and stay conservative, offensively and defensively you are going to dominate...Because of that, I've been forced to stay mid-level and take out the big dogs...try, if you will, starting a dynasty with north carolina or southern miss and you'll have lots of fun...keep me posted...
Old 10-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #20
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

I actually do have a season with Ole Miss with my brother who doesnt live with me, so next time I get our dynasty save I will try these sliders and see how they work with them. One more try with my Michigan dynasty, im playing mich st not indiana, so we shall see how it goes...I like the feel, might just have to tweak a few things for Michgian.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #21
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Played last nite: two games
UTEP(me) vs. NMSU
all was well with this game...final 21-14...explosive passing attacks were held in check by mediocre defenses...Palmer ended up 21-33 260 yards, 3 tds, 0 ints...NMSU qb(back up) was 31-48 313 yards, 2 tds, 2 ints...exciting game...
NMSU also ran alot(surprisingly)-24 times 114 yards total
UTEP M.Thomas-19 carries 88 yards...
game was stagnant and not very exciting, which really is a change that is needed...i loved every second of it...

Texas Tech v. TAMU(me) oh baby was this bad
44-28 I was blown out...
Tech was destructive in their passing attack...Graham- 31-48 454 yards 5tds 2 ints...
TAMU McGee-21-38 248 yards 2 tds 2ints 2 fumbles
rushing was not a problem but didnt help against Tech...Lewis 24 carries for 165 yards...
Game was awesome...great till the 4th when Tech started to pull away...it was see-saw battle, then BAM! right in the kisser!!!Tech smacks McGee and he fumbled the game away...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #22
Rookie

I tried out the original set in my search for good settings, and had at it with Notre Dame (me) and Florida. for most of the game, it was a nailbiter...shoot, if Chris Leak hadn't thrown so many picks, Florida might have won. As it was, I got a serious good one-ND won 35-28, with my last TD coming via a pick during the Gators' comeback push. I figure later on i'll try the newer sliders...aside from getting sacked 5 times, i liked the feel of that game.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #23
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

The feel of the game is why I like them...it feels right seeing a team that is supposed to be balanced, actually be balanced without having defense dominate the game...it just happens, the whole bend but dont break theory...teams can have tons of yardage without putting up 62 on a top tier team...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #24
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Just for kicks, and cuz I am at work, I'll post my house rules of how I play...
Might be beneficial to some that have a tough time keeping the score in the twenties and thirties...
I dont restrict myself, I simply let the game play like real life...
I'll use the game clock up, when I call a time out, I gather myself for the whole 80 seconds that end up on the play clock, once the playbook is re-established...
From start to finish, here are my "house" rules...
1. Never, ever play back to back games without saving and resetting the game...the cpu tends to catch onto tendencies, so I break them by resetting after I save...
2. Run the ball...for teams that are pass first in real life, I'll call plays that act as run plays for them...ie stand up passes, zero routes, screens, motion pitches, etc...
3. call realistic defensive plans...blitzes occur only so often, zones are ran, and mixtures of cover 2,3,4 are ran...I never call the same play twice in a game...it forces me to call all defenses and usually get burned one to two plays a game...
4. Dont use the speed burst button..****nning game is ineffective if you try and hit the holes faster than the blocks are set-up...
5. Deep ball to be used sparingly...if you know how to actually set-up your deep ball, throw it is often as you'd like...but if your just throwing it up because its 3rd and 17 and you have no other choice but to toss it up, you shouldnt be running fly routes...i understand that it happens in real life; a team exposes a weakness with a 3rd and 22, but in the game it is far too easy to do this over and over...unless you know how to run these deep routes with precision(ie splitting the safety high-low) then keep these passes to a minimium...
6. Let your receivers catch the ball...only control the qb...and on defense play as a linebacker, end, or tackle...let the players play their game...dont be God-like and take control of everyone...let some of the responsibility go...
7. HFA off, slow motion off, no challenges, change all run/pass to 61%/39%...basically anything making the game slower or off its normal pace, turn it off...
8. NO Jump The Snap...it absolutely f's up the offenses flow, causing bonehead plays by the qb and worse, superior defenses by C rated team def...
9. Stick to a gameplan...go into a game thinking, we are going to run between the tackles because the outside linebackers are too fast...or quick three step drops is the way we will pass because the pass rush is too good...its one of those things where you have to research and have thought process to how a team is doing...check injuries(injured all-american, then expose it)...playing a passing team, sub in faster linebackers...try to make the season yours...
10. Play to have fun...if these arent working for you, drop them and find something that works...Im finally happy, so Im sticking to my 12 team dynasty till next year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »