Home

Old 07-27-2007, 05:04 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Knockdown Slider

I am in the process of creating some Heisman sliders at the moment.

I have found on the heisman level that 0 in both knockdowns and INT are the only way to go. On Heisman the defense isn't goining to INT the ball with the slider set on 0 unless they are directly in front of the ball. On heisman with the knockdown slider set to 0 the defense will knock the ball down in appopriate situations.

On other levels like varsity or All american the knockdown slider on 70 is just right. any higher and it is unrealistic.

But regardless of diff always keep the INT slider at 0.

Sorry for any miss spellings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Why can't EA simply have an Int slider that works correctly. At 10, there should be several INT's a game, and at 0 there should be none. Somewhere in between there would be something to make everyone happy.

I said the same thing years ago with NHL2K4. With the goalie slider at max, it should be almost impossible to score, while at 0, half the shots should be going in.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #27
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It just seems like the little things I've heard about atmosphere, no longball, are swaying me away from jumping into the next gen.
Fist, I just upgraded to the 360 last week with NCAA being my first game. While I don't regret the decision, I think I could have survived another year on the old XBOX.

There are some great features, and some things look great....but somethings don't look so great (sidelines are horrible). And there a lack of atmosphere and features.

The first wave of games for a console always have limited features. But this generation seems to be very slow in catching up. Games on on their 2nd and 3rd iterations and still missing features we had in 2003.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Why can't EA simply have an Int slider that works correctly. At 10, there should be several INT's a game, and at 0 there should be none. Somewhere in between there would be something to make everyone happy.

I said the same thing years ago with NHL2K4. With the goalie slider at max, it should be almost impossible to score, while at 0, half the shots should be going in.
Well the problem is in the interpretation. Some think the INT sliders should keep you or the cpu from throwing them. It only works like the WR catch feature. It doesn't affect the awareness of the QBs or DBs, just the quality of their hands. Dropping a ton of interceptions isn't exactly ideal either. I do agree that sliders should be exagerated to make sure you can do what you want (unlike the kicking game of '07).

I agree that the current gen version is probably good enough to hold off for one more year. The game made a big step forward this year and will probably make another big step forward next year when everyone can look forward to a 60 fps game with all the features we ever had (hopefully).
Old 07-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #29
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This is what I'm using but I'm still learning. I have found running a bit difficult so I give myself a boost. A lot of people don't have this problem so everybody makes there own adjustments. When you have knockdowns minimized you have to boost awareness a bit to blend it in. Right now I'm still improving and adjusting. I find I need more time to throw the ball and since I get very few sacks I tweak those areas as well in my favour. I'm only playing on 7 minutes quarters on AA. I think a lot of what I have done is close to you except for knockdowns and that I might suck a little more.

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 50 50
PASS BLK 70 25
WR CATCH 50 50
RB ABLTY 60 60
RUN BLK 65 65

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 25 40
KNKDWNS 0 0
INT 0 0
BRK BLK 50 50
TKL 50 50

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 25 15
FG ACC 40 40
PNT LNGTH 20 35
PNT ACC 50 50
KO LNGTH 40 40
I'm going to take mine and move the Knockdown to 0 - I'll give you my results and feeling about these games soon. The rest of ours is pretty close, though I moved the WR catching down a bit because at 50 I saw near 0 dropped passes.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:07 AM   #30
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Check out Playmaker's thread...He has some interesting thoughts about the knockdown and INT slider being reversed.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:41 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
Check out Playmaker's thread...He has some interesting thoughts about the knockdown and INT slider being reversed.
I'm not so sure about being reversed but I definately agree that they both should be low. I do think the human DB's drop more INTs than the cpu so maybe there is a little something there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #32
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

OK, so I only got one game in with these sliders but the game did feel a bit different - it seemed as though the DBs really had to be in position to make a play.
The sliders I user were:

AA - 7 min quarters

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 45 50
PASS BLK 60 50
WR CATCH 30 30
RB ABLTY 50 50
RUN BLK 40 65

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 30 45
KNKDWNS 0 0
INT 0 0
BRK BLK 40 45
TKL 35 40

...so they were pretty close to Rudy's. I liked the WR catch lower though so I see some drops. I also always run the ball pretty well so I need to make those numbers less in my favor. Plus I like tackling a bit lower so that I see some broken tackles - I hate when video games are more like touch football.

So the game was Penn State(me) vs Colorado. The game was close for a while 21-14 at half. I broke away in the 4th quarter and won 45-22.

Stats:
PSU passing - 18/23 236 4TD 1 INT
COL passing - 17-30 190 3TD 3INT

PSU Rushing - 22-108 2 TD
COL Rushing - 19-80

One pick was thrown by Colorado when the game was still competitive, a dumb pass right into double coverage. The other two came after I opened up the game in the 4th when COL was throwing on every down. Remember too that COL QB is a freshman.

Obviously one game is not a true slider test especially when you have a mismatch, but the game felt pretty good. I will need to play some more but we may be on to something here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »