Home

Old 07-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #33
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Knockdown Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
Check out Playmaker's thread...He has some interesting thoughts about the knockdown and INT slider being reversed.
I tend to agree with him as I have seen the amazing jumps by the cpu to pick off passes at 100KN, but when you lower it to 50 or below, I see none of that. I have been keeping it high just for difficulty, but the key is for the human def as knocks and INT at 0 solves the unrealistic and 4 or more ints a game problem.

The issue I am seeing now is fumbles. I can't stop seeing at least 2-3 fumbles per side each game and this is using the cover button and nothing else. I just can't figure out which slider or combination is causing this or if it is just the game itself. If I can solve this issue, the game will be perfect for me.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
I tend to agree with him as I have seen the amazing jumps by the cpu to pick off passes at 100KN, but when you lower it to 50 or below, I see none of that. I have been keeping it high just for difficulty, but the key is for the human def as knocks and INT at 0 solves the unrealistic and 4 or more ints a game problem.

The issue I am seeing now is fumbles. I can't stop seeing at least 2-3 fumbles per side each game and this is using the cover button and nothing else. I just can't figure out which slider or combination is causing this or if it is just the game itself. If I can solve this issue, the game will be perfect for me.
One thing I've noticed in my AA testing is with a high CPU tackle slider (70+), the CPU tends to make more big hit tackles, which are more likely to cause fumbles. I've been keeping my tackle sliders around 50-60 and haven't had as many fumbles. Also, most of the fumbles I do have are overturned.

Just to note- I always press the cover ball button with my ball carrier in traffic.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
OK, so I only got one game in with these sliders but the game did feel a bit different - it seemed as though the DBs really had to be in position to make a play.

That's very true. Lowering knockdowns really reduces their "halo" of making a play. If they aren't in position they get beat and won't make many picks so you do have to up the awareness a little to compensate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #36
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
One thing I've noticed in my AA testing is with a high CPU tackle slider (70+), the CPU tends to make more big hit tackles, which are more likely to cause fumbles. I've been keeping my tackle sliders around 50-60 and haven't had as many fumbles. Also, most of the fumbles I do have are overturned.

Just to note- I always press the cover ball button with my ball carrier in traffic.
I only use the cover button now and still have issues as I am scared to do anything else due to the fumbling, but I agree the tackle slider may be the cause. I was running human tackle at 30 for a point and the cpu only fumbled twice in like 10 games. I will try lowering the cpu tackle slider tonight from 50 to 30 and see if the same results.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
I only use the cover button now and still have issues as I am scared to do anything else due to the fumbling, but I agree the tackle slider may be the cause. I was running human tackle at 30 for a point and the cpu only fumbled twice in like 10 games. I will try lowering the cpu tackle slider tonight from 50 to 30 and see if the same results.
I still think there's a problem in the game with too many fumbles, but I think lowering the tackle slider helps. The fumbles I have had seem to be realistic, though, like a QB getting smacked and coughing up the ball, or a back/receiver making one too many moves. I also think the CPU generates "fumbles" just so it can show off the new Booth Replay feature.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #38
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I've been using the 0 and 0 for Knockdown and INT for the last 2 games and it definitely helps.

On a side note....In year 1 of my Auburn dynasty...I just had my ENTIRE secondary make first team All American.

My nickelback made Second team All American.

It's still a work in progress on the slider situation.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #39
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I've been using the 0 and 0 for Knockdown and INT for the last 2 games and it definitely helps.
It solved my issues as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I still think there's a problem in the game with too many fumbles, but I think lowering the tackle slider helps. The fumbles I have had seem to be realistic, though, like a QB getting smacked and coughing up the ball, or a back/receiver making one too many moves. I also think the CPU generates "fumbles" just so it can show off the new Booth Replay feature.
I don't even count those, but still see a good number of others that end up being true fumbles, mostly from the RBs and WRs that make a catch and immediately fumble the ball. I am pretty sure the tackle slider is to blame and lowering it should solve my problem.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-29-2007, 12:15 AM   #40
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It doesn't affect the awareness of the QBs or DBs, just the quality of their hands. Dropping a ton of interceptions isn't exactly ideal either.
It wouldn't be ideal, but it would be better than too many game changing turnovers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »