Home

Soce's 360 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Soce's 360 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Soce's 360 Heisman Sliders

yeah, i agree, i am back to heisman after trying to make playmaker's AA sliders work. I juiced his up in favor of the CPU and while I did enjoy some aspects more then heisman, the game overall felt easier and after winning I didn't feel as good about the accomplishment. on heisman I feel that i have to play great to win, on AA I feel that I have to play horrible to lose. I would rather have the heisman feeling even with the warping and cheating that goes on by the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #66
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
yeah, i agree, i am back to heisman after trying to make playmaker's AA sliders work. I juiced his up in favor of the CPU and while I did enjoy some aspects more then heisman, the game overall felt easier and after winning I didn't feel as good about the accomplishment. on heisman I feel that i have to play great to win, on AA I feel that I have to play horrible to lose. I would rather have the heisman feeling even with the warping and cheating that goes on by the CPU.
So what Heisman sliders are you using?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #67
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Have you tried Jistics sliders yet?
I think they are alittle harder than PM's.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #68
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Its a tough juggling act, but while the CPU does have some warping, remember it is a video game. In real life, players study coaches tendencies, player tendencies, where the run the ball, what routes they run most often, where their "comfort zones" are. IN video games, they cant replicate that, so the awareness factor in football leads Derrick Brooks or Tom Brady to study film out the butt and know where the opportunities are, but in video games, awareness cant mean that, there is no film to study, so they react faster, they get in position through animations, where as in real life the player already knows where the play is going.

Does this make it right? No, bc it seems unrealistic, but in most cases against with two even teams, or if you are the worst of the two teams, you do have to play an almost perfect game to win. If youre the btter team with superior talent, you have more room for mistake, but you cant just waltz in there. Look at Boise State/Oklahoma, USC/UCLA, Rutgers/Lousiville. The higher teams werent prepared and couldnt make up for their mistakes and the other teams played a great game.

I know this doesnt make the game any moer fun, or make throwing that INT any easier to swallow, but i guess its video game reality.

The sliders i have (which i can post tonite) seem to allow me the chance to win games if i play well on both sides. If i dont miss field goals, convert my 3rd downs (which i am terrible at), dont take unneccessary sacks and can win the turnover battle, i have a shot at winning. Their QB's are nt killing me (approx 58% overall), the massive amounts of INT's aernt there through 5 games (team total of 12 picks in 5 games, with a bunch coming in mop up duty against Illini), defensive stats are good, I have approx 2.3 sacks a game (and im getting sacked about 4.2 times a game).

I have no idea how these play with a powerhouse against a junk team or against another powerhouse. I would think they would play fine bc im holding my own as IU against other junky teams and abovee average teams.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #69
MVP

I am back to using these. i see no point in playing a long term dynasty in AA because its just too easy. while heisman is far from perfect i at least feel that i am playing a human who is trying their damnest to stop me where on AA I feel like the CPU could give a crap and doesn't do any strategy at all.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #70
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I am back to using these. i see no point in playing a long term dynasty in AA because its just too easy. while heisman is far from perfect i at least feel that i am playing a human who is trying their damnest to stop me where on AA I feel like the CPU could give a crap and doesn't do any strategy at all.
What sliders are you using? Front page? Ill post mine later tonite. I have a soccer game in 30 min, then ill be back (i can post my final sliders then). Im out of town all week but will be lurking on OS so keep me posted. If i get in a game tonite ill let you know
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
What sliders are you using? Front page? Ill post mine later tonite. I have a soccer game in 30 min, then ill be back (i can post my final sliders then). Im out of town all week but will be lurking on OS so keep me posted. If i get in a game tonite ill let you know
Very close to front page. I am still tweaking to get better pass rush. I am thinking CPU pass block at 25 or upping both CPU run block and HUMAN break block which I feel is probably better idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #72
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Alright, didnt get to play a game tonight, but i pulled my sliders off. Now to those who havent been following along post for post (like i have), here are some stats if you dont wanna read back a few pages.

I play as Indiana University (3 star)
10 min quarters - Heisman
Im 2-3 with wins against FCS Midwest at home and Minnesota at home. Losses away at Western Michigan, Iowa and Illinois (Illinois may have been a home game, i forget).
Oppsoing QB's are averaging 61% completion against me, with a high of 63 or 64%. Im averaging 2.2 picks a game, but one bad game skewed those totals (Illinois brought in their crappy backup who enjoyed throwing it to my secondary). Take away that one game and i average 1.3 picks a game
approx 1 fumble per team per game
Given up anywhere from 34 yards rushing to 178 yards.
Averaging 2.7 sacks a game and giving up more (mainly my fault for rolling out or trying to keep a play alive).
I cant think of any other stats, but if you wanna know more, ask me and i will find out......now onto the sliders.

Offense (HUM/CPU)
QB Accuracy: 55/20
Pass Blocking: 60/20
WR Catching: 60/40
RB Ability: 60/60
Run Blocking: 70/80 (Soce has this at 65/65 i believe. Im playing with a poor team so it might be a bit high if you play with Arkansas or someone, but the only "good" RB i played was ALbert Young of Iowa who had an above average day.

Defense (HUM/CPU)
Awareness: 45/35
Knockdowns: 30/0
Interceptions: 0/0
Break Block: 40/35
Tackling: 85/60 (will be based on CPU running back ability)

Special Teams
FG Power 25/15
FG Acc 15/10 (i miss and they miss)
Punt Length 30/25
Punt Acc 40/60
Kickoff length 45/45

There are by no means perfect for everyone, but ive enjoyed them. Im 2-3 and while i normally play with FSU, this is the first time since i can remember that ive been under .500 at any point in the season (it might just be IU though). Feel free to leave any questions or comments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »