Home

Matt10's AA Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's AA Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's AA Sliders

It seems that upping the pass blocking back to 50 sets up a lot more pressure on the QB, for some odd reason. I believe putting it lower results in the CPU QB executing the animation of throwing the ball quickly (and most of the time unrealistically). From what I've seen so far is that I'm getting some really good pressure, resulting in some really off the mark passes.

I also upped running ability on both sides to compensate for the minutes played (from 9min to 8min). I'm about to play a game now with 8 mins and will report soon.

Also, I changed QBA to 50 for the CPU because 45 resulted in too many picks - I played a good game, but in the fourth quarter the CPU AI had thrown 3 picks in 3 possessions.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Thanks for the explanation. I can tell you have put a lot of thought into your sliders. I just finished another game with your previous sliders. I am continuing a dynasty with San Diego State and was facing BYU.

The game started kind of Wierd. I kickoff their first throw pick six for me. I kick off, next throw pick six for me. I kickoff, I think they run a play or two maybe complete a pass and then he throws another interception. I get greedy and want to strike quick and throw an interception of my own. He throws another interception before halftime (that's four) The funny thing was those were his only incompletions up until the half I think. Final stats.

BYU (CPU)
Pass- 21/29 262yds 2TD 4Int Sacked 1
Rush- 15-61yds 2 TD
3rd Dwn- 2-6
4th Dwn- 2-2
Fum- None

SDSU (Me)
Pass- 12/18 168 1TD 2Int Sacked 2
Rush- 30- 88yds 2TD
3rd Dwn- 7-11
4th Dwn- 1-1
Fum- None

Final Score- 48 SDSU-29 BYU

I still had trouble really pressuring but I did get one sack, I don't even remember how. It seemed I would rush four or five and at least three or four would be on the ground each play. I was really suprised by the four picks right at the start of the game as nothing like that happened in the last game I played. It still seems they are really feast or famine. After the four quick picks the qb was on fire the rest of the game, he hardly ever missed. I really tried to run the football my main back had 28 carries for 87 yards, long of 13 and 58 after the first hit. I think those numbers say something. I notice no real long runs and it seems that almost all yards are after the first hit. They shed blocks pretty quickly I think. I see the same for them. They get most of their yards after the first hit as well it is just they are better at breaking tackles. Maybe turning up the run blocking and turning down the break block. Then to counter balance turn up the tackle. I have yet to try your tweaks mentioned in the above post with the pass blocking so that might really make a difference. Once again you do an outstanding job with your sliders and your reports are just spectacular, did you say you use photoshop for that? I will try your above changes. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Bus, the counter balance sounds like a good idea. I just tried to play a game and was just killing them 38-7 in the second quarter. Safe to say I might have to go back to the drawing board.

A couple things about the tweaks - too many all at once. I'm thinking scrapping that post with the slider tweaks and starting back to the sliders you mentioned.

Back to drawing board - oh, I use photoshop for everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Back to these sliders, please let me know what other issues are glaring:

Issues - Lack of Pressure on CPU QB, broken tackles (both RBs)

Code:
Skill Level: All-American
Quarter Length: 9 minute(s)
Penalties: All max except, Defensive PI (75), Clipping (50)

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       30    50
Pass Blocking                     10     0
Receiver Catching                  0    30
Running Ability                   20    20
Offensive line Run Blocking       90    90
Defensive Awareness               30    30
Defensive line Knockdowns        100     0
Interceptions                      0     0
Defensive Break Blocks            35    25
Tackling                           5     5
Fieldgoal Length                  20    50
Fieldgoal Accuracy                50     0
Punt Power                        35    50
Punt Accuracy                     40    50
Kickoff Power                     45    50
Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #53
Rookie

Yeah, I think you were really close with the set you had before. That is the challenge, not to change too many things at once. The question becomes how do you know if it was just the matchup of teams vs the changes in sliders.

Throughout all of the games that I have played with these sliders the one constant has been the early pressure on the running game. The initial blocking seems good but it seems like when you get in the hole they always shed their blocks. So it would seem to reason that lowering the shed block might do the trick. It could help both the human and cpu running games but I wonder how it will effect both the human and cpu pass rush, like I mentioned before we might need to then decrease pass block for both sides.

So I guess the strategy I'm thinking of is rather than making the runner better, make the blocking better.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:40 AM   #54
Rookie

Well I just finished another dynasty game. SDSU (me) vs. Wyoming. I won the game 42-25. It was actually closer but I ran back two interceptions for TDs. Here are some stats.

Stats: Wyo SDSU

Score 25 42
1st Downs 20 12
Total Off 422 277
Rush 21-60 24-142-1td
Pass 28/45 362 yds 3td 4int 11/17 135yds 3td
3rd dwn 5/12 6/8
4th dwn 3/4 0/0
Fumbles 0 1

The game was pretty fun. Offensively I was finally able to run the ball. I think I figured something out for myself, stop pressing sprint! I found if I was more patient I was able to run through the holes better and occassionally even break a tackle with something other than the truck. (My rb has 94 trk) Although I still was being swarmed at the second level I was able to fall forward for a few 10-13yd runs. I even managed to bounce one outside for a 29 yd run. Of my 120 yds on 18 att only 45 was after the 1st hit. Passing wise I finally had a game without a pick. I minimized my bad throws although I could have had one or two without complaint. I'm still steaming over a playaction bomb that I through to the wrong guy, would have been a td for sure.

Defensively I expect shootouts. My defense is a C+ and can't get pressure for beans which is still showing up in the game. To make it worse my DBs suck at man coverage so when I blitz I am vunerable. I still feel I am not getting enough pressure even for a bad defense. When I send blitz six I should occassionally knock the qb down. I think with 44 drop backs I would get more than three pressures and one sack even with a poor d-line especially as much as I tried to blitz. The qb rating was in the low 80s if I remember correctly and had a 72 awareness. He threw for 63% and had three picks (The other pick was thrown by their punter) The running game was okay for them. Their main back had 54 yards on 16 carries but they weren't really a running team. He had 55 yards after the first hit however. I think this may be a necessary evil in regards to them breaking tackles. I think it may be the only way to make their run game effective.

***One side note is that I tend to be a bend but don't break defense thus the mountain of yards I give up. Although with the lack a pressure I did try and blitz quite a bit, mostly ineffective. One thing I did notice was if I mixed up not only the defensive calls but also used the show blitz and back off as well as moving the line pre and post snap it really seemed to help confuse the qb and get passes that were off target or knocked down. The line shifting helped make the qb move off his mark a few times as well. I would get past the first guy only to be picked up by another lineman or the rb always. My one sack came when I brought 7 against their empty formation and hit him before he could do anything.

Sorry for the long post but I figure the more detail the more it may help in figuring sliders.

BTW, I was using your old set that your reverted back to and seven minute quarters.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #55
Rookie

Matt10:

I'm continuing to use your original slider set and have had some good games. I am just now starting to be able to put pressure on the qb. It has to do with disguising your play. This has also helped to create some inaccurate throws by the qbs. For my team with only a C+ line I have to blitz quite a bit to get pressure but then when I show blitz and drop in zone it sometimes confuses them to where they either throw a bad pass that is either knocked down or picked or sometimes they just look confused and start to run if they are a mobile qb.

The only thing I may do is up the run blocking for the cpu a little because they are getting yards but still not quite the right avg/carry. I am going to wait until the end of my season. One more game plus a bowl I hope.

I'm a little worried as I am 6-1 in my last 7 games but then again I have been playing teams that are rated the same or lower than me (for as bad as SDSU is in real life they are rated a B in the game) I am not going to change much if anything (maybe the cpu runblock) and wait and see what happens against tougher competition.

Quick question, how do you snap those photos of the gamescreens that you have in your photoshop reports. Those are sweet and I would like to do something like that just for fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Bus - that is good to hear. I apologize if this will be short, but I'm trying to sneak in a nap before I test some more

I'm glad you have figured out a way to gain some pressure on the QB. I've been back and forth trying to fix certain slider variables - but results are just too diverse and I'm starting to get lost in the madness.

I still have a couple ideas up my sleeve and the changes in the original set will be posted sometime tonight.

For photoshop - when I grab snap shots its using my tv tuner card and then just using the software within the software (Dscaler). Alternatively you can use FRAPS. I have my PS3 connected to my PC and can't figure out another way to do things. Loving it.

Sorry for being so brief, I will re-read and divulge some more information/response when I get back from a quickie nap

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »