Home

CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings

Just played game 2 in my dynasty, Oregon State (me) vs. Penn State. I knew my team was in for a tough game, but was hoping we could pull an upset. After the first quarter my team was up 9-0 (missed extra point), and I was really thinking my team had a shot. Then after a big 72 yd td pass that swung the momentum, Penn State proceeded to put up 52 unanswered points . Here were the stats:

Passing:
L. Moevao - 20-32, 188 yds, 1 td, 1 int, sacked 7 times
D. Clark - 19-26. 322 yds, 6 tds, 0 ints, sacked 2 times

Rushing:
J. Rodgers - 18 att, 59 yds
E. Royster - 17 att, 97 yds, 1 td

Receiving:
S. Stroughter - 8 rec, 89 yds
J. Rodgers (WR) - 4 rec, 38 yds
B. Cramp - 1 rec, 1 yd, 1 td
D. Williams - 8 rec, 120 yds, 3 tds
D. Butler - 5 rec, 114 yds, 1 td
E. Royster - 1 rec, 61 yds, 1 td

My only complaint thus far is the lack of success from the screen play. It felt like my team did so poorly because it ran so many screen plays, which almost always ended up as a sack, twice resulting in costly fumbles. However, Penn State's fast defense also played into this so it was somewhat realistic, as they were also able to run screen plays with a big of success against my slower, less talented D. Still a great game to watch, hopefully my team will have some better luck next week vs Hawaii!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 AM   #34
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C Unit
My only complaint thus far is the lack of success from the screen play. It felt like my team did so poorly because it ran so many screen plays, which almost always ended up as a sack, twice resulting in costly fumbles.
Screen plays and QB Reads fail more than they succeed when run by the CPU. If your team ends up running too many of those plays every game, then you may want to find a new playbook. Once the team is fast enough and dominant enough, those kinds of plays will work again.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm using Spin's slider set based on team letter grade ratings and playing a player lock style where I only control the QB, K and P. But, I can definitely attest to the speed of Penn State's LB'ers. I started with Army and after 4 seasons was offered the job at Oregon and promptly accepted. Played Penn State in the second game and my HB averaged about 1.5 ypc. They had 3 LB'ers that combined for close to 30 tackles. I mean the MLB was sniffing stuff out like a bloodhound. This is in the 2012 season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #36
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

Yesterday I found Orangeblood's offensive style and aggression sliders, so I restarted my Clemson Dynasty. My first game was @ UGA again. My biggest gripe is that the kickers were a combined 3 for 10 on FGs. It was not windy and only two were 50+ yards. The two makes were lined up perfectly in the middle of the field. The misses were on the hashes. Here are some stats:

Score
Clemson 13 UGA 16 OT

Clemson Stats:
Passing
Harper 7-10 62 yds 1 INT (Hurt in the 1st Quarter and out for the season)
Korn 20-28 197 yds

Rushing
Davis 18-64 yds
Spiller 14-49 yds
Korn 3-4 yds

Receiving
Kelly 10-125
Ford 4-37
Davis 4-19
Spiller 3-25
Palmer 3-12
Grisham 2-35
Allen 1-6

The only defensive stat to talk about was:
Clemons 10 Tack 1TFL 1 INT (returned for TD)
Total Sacks 2

UGA
Passing
Stafford 17-29 194 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Rushing
Moreno 17-46 yds
King 2-4 yds

Receiving
Harris 5-56 yds 1TD
Massaquoi 5-77 yds
Moreno 3-23 yds
Chandler 2-7 yds
Southerland 1-13 yds
Durham 1-18 yds

Defensive
Total Sacks 8

I have no problem with the difference in sacks. Clemson's Offensive line is VERY BAD and I believe that UGA's is one of the best.

Once again my only gripe is the FG kicking. I can't wait for my next game.

Last edited by man_u_treble; 01-03-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #37
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_u_treble
My biggest gripe is that the kickers were a combined 3 for 10 on FGs.
Sounds like a fluke game to me. I haven't had FG problems with FG Accuracy at 40, but since that slider doesn't impact anything else go ahead and bump it up if you need to. Once you get deeper into the dynasty some teams will have terrible kickers so it actually may be a good idea to have it at 50 now that I think about it.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #38
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Sounds like a fluke game to me. I haven't had FG problems with FG Accuracy at 40, but since that slider doesn't impact anything else go ahead and bump it up if you need to. Once you get deeper into the dynasty some teams will have terrible kickers so it actually may be a good idea to have it at 50 now that I think about it.
I'll leave it were it is and let it run. I know that the Clemson Kicker this year does in fact have problems kicking from the hashes. I will not be able to play another game for a couple of days, but I'll let you know how my next game goes.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #39
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

I've done enough games on the new settings to post them now. Check the first page of this thread for the update. The only change I haven't tested much is the FGA, but moving this to 45 didn't change much in the one game I played.

The game was getting too wild with RBA up to 70/75, so I slowed things down to the way I used to have the settings when I started CPU/CPU. The running game looks a lot more natural now which matters to me since I have to watch the game like on TV.

Here are the last game's stats from testing:

Ohio State 24
Illinois 21

Total Offense: OSU 392, ILL 215
Fumbles Lost: OSU 2, ILL 0
Interceptions Thrown: OSU 0, ILL 1

OSU QB Terrelle Pryor: 21/30, 248 Yds, 2 TD, 4 Car, 7 Yds
OSU HB Chris Wells: 29 Car, 133 Yds, 3 Rec, 17 Yds
OSU WR Brian Hartline: 3 Rec, 45 Yds, TD
OSU Tackle Leaders: LOLB Homan 6, ROLB Freeman 5, MLB Laurinaitis 5

Illinois QB Juice Williams: 12/23, 87 Yds, TD, INT, 6 Car, 1 Yd
Illinois HB Daniel Dufrene: 5 Car, 33 Yds
Illinois HB Mikel LeShoure: 13 Car, 82 Yds, TD
Illinois WR Chris Duvalt: 5 Rec, 48 Yds
Old 01-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So are these the final sliders? Those numbers look good btw. I wonder if I could use those sliders for my 'player lock' dynasty playing only as QB, K and P.

Last edited by NoleFan; 01-03-2009 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »