Home

CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #57
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay
How do I get those on my x-box, though? I am kind of new to this, and I don't have an x-box live account, and also on dial up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Without XBox Live, you won't be able to get the rosters. You can still use the Run/Pass settings though, so start there and you'll get realistic games.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #58
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
What do you think about the numbers from my 'player lock' game yAk?
I'm not sure how easy the passing game will be using these since you're controlling the QB, but those numbers looked good considering the ratings of the teams. Play any other games since then?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

No, not yet. Maybe tomorrow evening.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Updated my dynasty with Orangeblood's most recent offensive ratios as Youalreadyknow's defensive ratios. With a 2 game win streak I was hoping to keep the streak alive vs. #24 ASU.

Youalreadyknow, I went against your advice and kept McCants at my number 1 back, and then he proceeded to get hurt for the game on his third carry of the game, lol. After that, Rodgers had another pretty weak game, and actually also got hurt for the game late in the game. After that, my third string back was hardly able to do anything at RB so my running game continued to struggle. However, my passing game and defense did great and I was able to pick up the upset! Here were the stats:

Passing:
OSU - L. Moevao - 25-30, 280 yds, 2 tds
ASU - R. Carpenter - 25-36, 177 yds, 1 td

Rushing:
OSU - J. Rodgers - 13 att, 39 yds, 1 td
OSU - J. Francis - 11 att, 19 yds, 1 td
ASU - K. Herring - 8 att, 33 yds

Receiving:
OSU - S. Stroughter - 6 rec, 73 yds, 2 tds
OSU - S. Morales - 5 rec, 52 yds
ASU - A. Pettes - 6 rec, 53 yds
ASU - D. Nance - 6 rec, 50 yds
ASU - J. Williams - 1 rec, 1 yd, 1 td

I'm now 4-4 with a 3 game win streak, hoping to defeat #23 UCLA next week!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #61
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

I'm going to run another test game of Oregon vs. Oregon State (Week 14) using the sliders to see if I'm seeing the same struggles in the running game as you. Jacquizz Rodgers is listed as Probable so he should struggle getting yards not playing at full strength, but Oregon's backs should be fine. I'm also using an older dynasty save with an older roster set, so Rodgers and OSU are lower rated than in my current set.

Offensive Run/Pass: ORE 35, OSU 39
Oregon: 84OVR, 83OFF, 85DEF
Oregon St: 79OVR, 81OFF, 80DEF

- Oregon gets the ball first and marches to midfield before QB Jeremiah Masoli is injured trying to hit the corner on an option run. He won't be returning until the 2nd quarter.
- Oregon HB Jeremiah Johnson gets the first score of the game on a 6 yard carry, juking into a hole off-tackle. 7-0 ORE.
- Oregon St misses a 55yd FG after a decent drive and a few good runs by Rodgers.
- Oregon gets a huge 19yd TD run from Jeremiah Johnson who broke a tackle on a delayed HB Draw, then reversed field and outran the defenders to the endzone. 14-0 ORE.
- END OF 1ST QTR: 14-0 ORE

- Three straight passes of 20+ yards by Oregon State put them the ball at the 4 yard line. After a 2yd run, Rodgers scores on a diving 2yd TD run. 14-7 ORE.
- Oregon drives down the field again, but fails to get into the endzone as a WR dropped a 20 yard TD pass and OSU's pass defense broke up a few passes. Oregon settles for a 38yd FG. 17-7 ORE.
- After an OSU punt, Oregon continues their offensive success driving downfield into the red zone until an errant deep pass to the endzone ends up in the hands of the OSU FS for an interception.
- Oregon holds OSU to the second straight 3 & out and forces a punt. Two huge third down conversions put Oregon back in the red zone for the 4th time today. Oregon hits their TE on a quick hook for a 6yd TD with 30 seconds remaining in the half. 24-7 ORE.
- James Rodgers gets drilled on the kick return and Oregon recovers the fumble at the OSU 29 yard line. Two quick passes setup a 27yd FG attempt which bounces off the post and misses before the half.
- HALFTIME: 24-7 ORE.

- Oregon St QB Moevao overthrows his WR by a mile on a deep corner route and Oregon's FS tracks it down for the interception.
- Oregon's QB gets nailed by an OSU DE in the pocket and fumbles, but an Oregon lineman is there to pick up the fumble.
- 24yd FG made by Oregon. 27-7 ORE.
- OSU QB Moevao converts on 4th & 1 at the ORE 32 with a 5yd option run.
- Oregon sacks Moevao on 3rd down and holds Oregon St to a 41yd FG. 27-10 ORE.
- OSU LB Kristick leaps for an interception at midfield on 3rd down to stop Oregon's drive and put his team in a position to comeback.
- OSU HB Jacquizz Rodgers takes a toss play 12 yards for the touchdown. 27-17 ORE.
- END OF 3RD QTR: 27-17 ORE

- Oregon answers with a 12yd TD pass to Jeff Maehl to start the 4th quarter. 34-17 ORE.
- Oregon St QB Moevao tosses a deep jumpball to his WR in the middle of the field, but the Oregon FS gets higher and takes the interception.
- Oregon QB Masoli hits HB Blount for a 10yd touchdown to put the game out of reach. 41-17 ORE.
- Jacquizz Rodgers scores on a 2yd TD run with a spectacular leap over the pile at the goalline. Oregon St fails to convert the 2pt conversion as a pass is dropped in the endzone. 41-23 ORE.
- Oregon St onside kick is recovered by Oregon at midfield.
- Oregon St recovers a fumble on a bad option pitch by Oregon QB Masoli.
- Oregon St WR Morales catches a 8yd TD pass with 1 minute remaining. Oregon St HB Rodgers fails to convert the 2pt conversion. 41-29 ORE.
- Oregon St onside kick is recovered by Oregon at midfield.

FINAL SCORE: ORE 41, OSU 29

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 01-07-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Without XBox Live, you won't be able to get the rosters. You can still use the Run/Pass settings though, so start there and you'll get realistic games.
Thanks, man! I was already using the run/pass for offense. I will try adjusting the defense to see if I get better results.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm going to run another test game of Oregon vs. Oregon State (Week 14) using the sliders to see if I'm seeing the same struggles in the running game as you. Jacquizz Rodgers is listed as Probable so he should struggle getting yards not playing at full strength, but Oregon's backs should be fine. I'm also using an older dynasty save with an older roster set, so Rodgers and OSU are lower rated than in my current set.

Offensive Run/Pass: ORE 35, OSU 39
Oregon: 84OVR, 83OFF, 85DEF
Oregon St: 79OVR, 81OFF, 80DEF

Will update once the game is going.
Thanks man! I will run another after I do the run/pass for defense, and give you an update, as well.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Youalreadyknow, looks like you had an exciting game with Oregon vs. Oregon State! Based on the TDs, it looks like Jacquizz Rodgers had a pretty good game in your game vs. Oregon. What were his final stats? I don't what it is about Rodgers, but he just doesn't seem to hit the holes well when I play him. I just played my game against UCLA and started McCants, and he had a stellar game! He doesn't have breakaway speed so he is not a big play threat, but he seems much better than Rodgers at hitting the holes and using his blocks, and he provides a consistent run game for my team so I think I will continue with him. We beat UCLA 41-13. Here were my stats:

Passing:
OSU - L. Moevao - 18-29, 210 yds, 4 tds, 1 int
UCLA - K. Craft - 15-22, 140 yds, 1 td
Rushing:
OSU - R. McCants - 28 att, 119 yds
OSU - J. Rodgers - 4 att, 8 yds
OSU - C. Johnson - 1 att, 62 yds, 1 td (WR option play)
UCLA - K. Bell - 15 att, 50 yds

Receiving:
OSU - S. Stroughter - 8 rec, 130 yds, 2 tds
OSU - S. Morales - 3 rec, 36 yds
OSU - H. Croom - 2 rec, 8 yds, 1 td
UCLA - L. Paulsen - 2 rec, 47 yds
UCLA - K. Bell - 4 rec, 10 yds, 1 td

A 4 game win streak for OSU is giving my team a shot at a bowl this year. Hoping to continue the win streak next week vs. Cal!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »