Home

Varsity Slider Project, slthree

This is a discussion on Varsity Slider Project, slthree within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #73
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Varsity Slider Project, slthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedcubbieblue25
So my first game with these I played as Oklahoma on the road against Colorado.

I won 44-7, and their only touchdown was defensive. Although I guess this score was expected with the matchup, lol.

Bradford was 23-29, 312 yards, and 3 TD's , 0 INTs.
Cody Hawkins for CU was a paltry 10-22, 68 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT lol.
Try taking Colorado to Norman. Play as Colorado and see what happens. If you kill Oklahoma you gotta adjust something.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #74
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm gonna give these a shot, in my online dynasty, everyone is having major problems on Heisman default. I will let you know how my experiment goes. Thanks for workin on these!!!
Old 07-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #75
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

Ok, just played my first game using these. VT(me) @ Texas. Final score: VT 41 Tex 27

Very tight game throughout. I used GT playbook. I went up 14-0 and McCoy brought them back with ease. They were winning 27-20 late in the game when McCoy threw a pick 6 when I hit him as he threw. They had the ball first and goal and McCoy tried to run it in himself and got hurt. Sherrod Harris came in and must have felt the pressure cause under pressure he tried to throw to the flats and my CB picked it off and took it to the house...after a huge return down to the 15, under pressure again Harris threw another pick 6 giving me the 41-27 victory.

Stats:

Passing:
Tyrod Taylor: 4-10 53 yards 2 Int

Rushing:
Taylor 14 Att 70 Yards
Younger(FB) 8 Att 33 Yards 1 TD
Evans 8 Att 36 Yards 1 TD
Williams 6 Att 35 yards
Lewis 2 Att 22 Yards

Receiving:
Evans 3 rec 53 yards
Williams 1 rec 3 yards
Coale 1 rec 17 yards

Texas

Passing:
McCoy 25-34 353 2 TD 1 Int
Harris 0-2 2 int

Rushing:
Johnson 10 att 8 yards
McCoy 7 att -29 yards
McGee 2 att 3 yards

Receiving:
Kirkendoll 5 rec 96 yards 1 TD
Collins 5 rec 64 yards 1 TD
Shipley 4 rec 27 yards
Williams 4 rec 67 yards

Overall it felt very nice...not cause I won, cause I thought for sure I was gonna lose this game, until Harris came in and stunk it up. I'll play another tomorrow with the game in reverse and see how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #76
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

Hey slthree, give me a matchup you would like me to try out. Any teams you been wondering about seeing how they do?

Last edited by edwvu76; 07-25-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #77
MVP

slthree's Arena

McCoys numbers look right on but I'm concerned about the running game. Shouldn't Texas run all over most teams, especially at home? How good is VT's defense?

One game never tells the whole story but, wow, you should have to have an elite defense to slow the Texas run game, or are they more of a passing team?

Looks like your QB struggled a bit which is nice to see considering Texas secondary is so good and so fast.

Did Texas get pressure on you? How much pressure did you get on them? I mean, front 4 type pressure, without blitzing.

Anyway, I would play this very same game again, in Texas again. Every game is different but if you stop that running game for a second straight time in Texas, I may have to change some things around. You sure you have the sliders exactly right?

If VT is a really good team, try taking a lesser team into Texas. We shouldn't be able to beat Texas in texas with an inferior team too often, if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwvu76
Ok, just played my first game using these. VT(me) @ Texas. Final score: VT 41 Tex 27

Very tight game throughout. I used GT playbook. I went up 14-0 and McCoy brought them back with ease. They were winning 27-20 late in the game when McCoy threw a pick 6 when I hit him as he threw. They had the ball first and goal and McCoy tried to run it in himself and got hurt. Sherrod Harris came in and must have felt the pressure cause under pressure he tried to throw to the flats and my CB picked it off and took it to the house...after a huge return down to the 15, under pressure again Harris threw another pick 6 giving me the 41-27 victory.

Stats:

Passing:
Tyrod Taylor: 4-10 53 yards 2 Int

Rushing:
Taylor 14 Att 70 Yards
Younger(FB) 8 Att 33 Yards 1 TD
Evans 8 Att 36 Yards 1 TD
Williams 6 Att 35 yards
Lewis 2 Att 22 Yards

Receiving:
Evans 3 rec 53 yards
Williams 1 rec 3 yards
Coale 1 rec 17 yards

Texas

Passing:
McCoy 25-34 353 2 TD 1 Int
Harris 0-2 2 int

Rushing:
Johnson 10 att 8 yards
McCoy 7 att -29 yards
McGee 2 att 3 yards

Receiving:
Kirkendoll 5 rec 96 yards 1 TD
Collins 5 rec 64 yards 1 TD
Shipley 4 rec 27 yards
Williams 4 rec 67 yards

Overall it felt very nice...not cause I won, cause I thought for sure I was gonna lose this game, until Harris came in and stunk it up. I'll play another tomorrow with the game in reverse and see how it goes.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #78
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

yeah, that was my only concern also. VT has a pretty darn good defense though. Texas didn't try to run too awful much. I meant to put how many sacks were had, but I think we had two each. I didn't get much pressure at all on McCoy without blitzing. They were all over Taylor and I had to rush my throws causing me to be so innacurate. I'll replay this exact game in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
McCoys numbers look right on but I'm concerned about the running game. Shouldn't Texas run all over most teams, especially at home? How good is VT's defense?

One game never tells the whole story but, wow, you should have to have an elite defense to slow the Texas run game, or are they more of a passing team?

Looks like your QB struggled a bit which is nice to see considering Texas secondary is so good and so fast.

Did Texas get pressure on you? How much pressure did you get on them? I mean, front 4 type pressure, without blitzing.

Anyway, I would play this very same game again, in Texas again. Every game is different but if you stop that running game for a second straight time in Texas, I may have to change some things around. You sure you have the sliders exactly right?

If VT is a really good team, try taking a lesser team into Texas. We shouldn't be able to beat Texas in texas with an inferior team too often, if at all.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #79
Rookie

edwvu76's Arena

am I missing the st and penalty sliders somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Updated 7/25/09 12:30am PS3

OK, I really like this game. I can't wait to post impressions. However, I have tried everyone's AA and Heisman sliders and still see things I don't like.

Some were mentioned in the Varsity Sliders thread. Thank you to that OP for getting me back on track and thinking "Pro" (Madden lingo) sliders.

Here's where I'm at right now

Offense User/CPU

QB Accuracy 10,10
Pass Blocking 40,15
WR Catching 30,45
RB Ability 50,50
Run Blocking 45,50

Defense

Pass Coverage 55, 60
Pass Rush 100,90
Int's 35,45
Rush Def 30,50
Tackling 45,40

One of the things that bothered me on higher levels was dominant d-ends who could blitz the QB yet turn and run down a speed back.

It also seemed that the line play was not as stat based as I'd like. Some guys should have to be double teamed on every single play, yet the CPU would decide when they wanted to let your dline stud have a big play or not. It didn't seem tied to scheming and double teaming.

Sure, there were times your star de would make a huge play but then there would be times he could be completely manhandled by an average tackle, with no help from a back.

I don't care if every single one of my settings is changed. We all have one thing in common. We want the most realistic gameplay we can get.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #80
MVP

slthree's Arena

Our company left and I just fired up the game.

WoW, VT has a very good team and a nasty defense. Your d-line should have recorded at least 1 sack and a few pressures. The cpu pass block may be too high.

I'm labbing my current sliders. I am starting a game in Texas. I'm bringing USF. I should lose. Texas should run well and Selvie (pro prospect DE for USF) better get at least 1 sack.

The problem I see with this game is that USF has a d-line as good as any in the country. maybe I should have tried a weaker team. I'll give it a go

I'll report when I'm done.
================================================== ======
Texas beat me, which is what I was hoping for.

They ran all over me which I hoped for.

What I didnt like was that Selvie was manhandled by the Texas LT. That LT is a stud but he should not have dominated Selvie for a whole game.

CPU pass block is going down a bit.

Johnson had a few too many broken tackles so I'm going to increase user tackle by 5

It was tough for me to run. I ended up with a 3.1 avg

Back to labbing then I'll update my sliders

Last edited by slthree; 07-26-2009 at 12:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »