Home

SN's All American Sliders (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on SN's All American Sliders (Xbox 360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #49
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: SN's All American Sliders (Xbox 360)

User kick Power at 5 is a little low. The best Kicker in the game (UCLAs) couldn't even get the ball there at 55 yards. I put it at 35, so the best kickers have to hit it perfect for them to make 55+ yarders, which is realistic IMO.

Youtube
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
User kick Power at 5 is a little low. The best Kicker in the game (UCLAs) couldn't even get the ball there at 55 yards. I put it at 35, so the best kickers have to hit it perfect for them to make 55+ yarders, which is realistic IMO.
Okay, I will take that in consideration. I'll go to practice mode and test out the best kicker and compare it with the worst kicker.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #51
Rookie

GP_Butz's Arena

OVR: 1

These are feeling pretty good. Just had a game Ill (me) -v- Mid Tenn State and it was a challenge. Couldn't get any type of offense going in the first half but they wore down in the seconds. Next I will try a better team.... probably get drummed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 14

UPDATE!

Okay, here's my evaluation with the kicking game.

For the kickers...

UCLA's Kai Forbath (Best Kick Power with 95) can barely make 57 yarders with no wind with HUM FG Power at 15 (up from 5).

Temple's Jake Brownell (Worst Kick Power with 72) can barely make 42 yarders with no wind with HUM FG Power at 15 (up from 5).

That gives us a range of 57 yarder to 42 yarder between the best and worst kicker. That is completely fine to work with. With assisted wind, they can kick it a bit farther, just like real life.

Now, with the punters...

Michigan's Zoltan Mesko (Best Punt Power with 96) is averaging around 50 yards per punt from LOS with HUM Punt Power at 45 (down from 55). He kicked 18 50+ yards last season. This looks accurate enough.

North Texas' Truman Spencer (Worst Punt Power with 80) is averaging around 40 yards per punt from LOS with HUM Punt Power at 45. He had 10 of his 65 punts went for 50 yards or more, but apparently had the worst punt power rating in the game. However, we are looking at if the rating itself was realistic, which it was. He seems like he deserves a better rating after all, according to his real life stats though.

In conclusion, I will gain FG Power to 15 and keep FG Accuracy at 5. I will drop Punt Power from 55 to 45 and drop Punt Accuracy from 35 to 5, to create more varied bad/short punts.

We all need to figure out about Kickoff Power though. We will need to make it possible for some kickers to kick it to back of the endzone because they can in real life.

Last edited by Silent Nature; 07-22-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #53
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
UPDATE!

Okay, here's my evaluation with the kicking game.

For the kickers...

UCLA's Kai Forbath (Best Kick Power with 95) can barely make 57 yarders with no wind with HUM FG Power at 15 (up from 5).

Temple's Jake Brownell (Worst Kick Power with 72) can barely make 42 yarders with no wind with HUM FG Power at 15 (up from 5).

That gives us a range of 57 yarder to 42 yarder between the best and worst kicker. That is completely fine to work with. With assisted wind, they can kick it a bit farther, just like real life.

Now, with the punters...

Michigan's Zoltan Mesko (Best Punt Power with 96) is averaging around 50 yards per punt from LOS with HUM Punt Power at 45 (down from 55). He kicked 18 50+ yards last season. This looks accurate enough.

North Texas' Truman Spencer (Worst Punt Power with 80) is averaging around 40 yards per punt from LOS with HUM Punt Power at 45. He had 10 of his 65 punts went for 50 yards or more, but apparently had the worst punt power rating in the game. However, we are looking at if the rating itself was realistic, which it was. He seems like he deserves a better rating after all, according to his real life stats though.

In conclusion, I will gain FG Power to 15 and keep FG Accuracy at 5. I will drop Punt Power from 55 to 45 and drop Punt Accuracy from 35 to 5, to create more varied bad/short punts.

We all need to figure out about Kickoff Power though. We will need to make it possible for some kickers to kick it to back of the endzone because they can in real life.
Sounds pretty good. I'd offer to help test these sliders but I won't be able to play until Friday evening. I'm def' looking forward to using these! Keep up the great work!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

How is the pass rush with this set of sliders. Ive always had trouble with my dline getting to the QB, even when i bring the heat. The cpu always seems to have ample time to get the ball off and the only time i manage to get a sack is when its a screen or when the cpu decides to take of with the QB.

Im really stoked to try out some of these sliders and finally start my OD
Old 07-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

SN,

Are these your recent sliders? Any way you can update the first post or put a link in your signature so new people wanting to try them get the most updated slider?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Nature
SN's All American Sliders v2.0
7 Minutes Quarters
Quiz The QB: Off
Ice The Kicker: On

OFFENSE (USER/CPU)
QB Accuracy: 35/60
Pass Blocking: 45/60
WR Catching: 45/45
RB Ability: 40/65
Run Blocking: 50/40

DEFENSE (USER/CPU)
Pass Coverage: 55/55
Pass Rush: 55/60
Interception: 30/30
Rush Defense: 35/65
Tackling: 60/60

SPECIAL TEAMS (USER/CPU)
FG Power: 5/35
FG Accuracy: 5/40
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 25/35
Kickoff Power: 65/65

PENALTIES
Offsides: 80
False Start: 80
Holding: 45
Facemask: 50
Offensive P.I.: 80
Defensive P.I.: 80
KR/PR Interference: 80
Clipping: 50
Intentional Grounding: 80
Roughing the Passer: 60
Roughing the Kicker: 100
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 13

About to do MSU vs IU (me).

The first look of these sliders I believe tackling should be much lower, maybe 40 for both teams, but I'll give stats on how this goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »