Home

Statistics in Sliders 2011

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2011 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2011

awesome thanks for the clarification. keep up the good work. i like the insight.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4

Good stuff. Ill be interested to see what you come up with for rushing sliders.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #19
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Good stuff Oraeon, can't wait till you finish these bad boys up then maybe I can finally start my dynasty now that Block O, Gator and the gang finished their tremendous rosters for PS3.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #20
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

You must be testing these with pretty good teams... I played with Eastern Michigan yesterday with default AA settings and my team dropped about 75% of their passes (at default, '50' catch) .. So ya just throwing that out there..
Old 07-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Pass coverage:

There was a 1 change in deflections per 10 point change in this slider. This was mostly provided on deep coverage. This slider is likely more effective for increasing down field passing. However, decreasing this slider resulted in classic bad coverage that makes these games difficult to play. I currently am not touching this slider until I have tested further in game.

Summary: 1 deflection increase for every 10 point increase in the slider
Most impact is on the deep passing routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #22
Pro

Rushing blocking:

Unfortunately I can't really analyze this slider as the results were all over the place. The slider appears to have almost no effect on inside runs at all (maybe a 0.5 ypc difference between 0 and 100. It did have a signficant impact on outside running but again only seemed to add about 1.5-2.0 ypc increase going from 0 to 10. It did result in a significant increase in TFL statistic however. Results actually looked very good at default.

Summary: Default looks good, slider has little impact on inside run some impact on outside run particularlly TFL statistic
Old 07-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #23
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4

I really appreciate you looking into all these statistics. Will all of your sliders be the same for USER and CPU?
Old 07-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
Pro

My sliders are for CPU funciton only Human is always dictated by individual skill level. I will post my personal human sliders but they will not help everyone here as my playing style and skill differs. My main goal is to get CPU results that are accurate.

Tested Run defense slider:

This slider is a little different than run blocking. It seem sot effec defensive positioning. As a result it greatly effects the presence of big plays but does not adjust TFL hardly at all. However, since many big plays are borken outside this has a huge impact on the outside running yards per carry. Expect an extra 0.8 YPC for every 10 points you adjust htis slider on outside runs (very predictable line.

Summary: Increases big plays without effecting TFL and improves outside running very predictably but less impact on inside running.

Briefly tested running back ability: Changes fumbles and broken takles. If you adjust this and don't want ot change broken takles or big play but are looking for more fumbles then remember to adjust the takle slider. Neither run ability or tackles lent them selves to testing.

This was my last test I will be starting the game with a 5 decrease in run defense to improve outside running which was spotty in testing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »