Home

Statistics in Sliders 2011

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2011 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #49
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I have also made a monumental slider discovery. I am posting it on the main page. The coaching sliders actually effect CPU gameplay this year. I can make a team "in game" rush 70% of their plays by setting the slider to 0 under coaching and get 90% passes by raising it to 100%. Their is still an AI impact, if the AI has a long down it passes and if the AI is far behind it abandons the run. I need more testing but I think this could give realistic games for a change. I checked and right now if the slider actually represents the % of plays it is set far to low for runs. This might explain some of the frustration I have had with realistic stats.

Since the blitzing slider also works (tested it) this also means the AI's falsely elevated blitzing can be fixed as well. Currently the AI blitzes on about 75% of plays which is unrealistic.
Can this work for regular Play Now games as well?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #50
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

long time ncaa player but only 3rd game on 11 and hated 10 and didn't play it much.
home field off
autosprint on
all of your settings except i did 10 min quarters

Virginia(ME) 37 Wake Forrest(CPU) 6

1. QB % (36/47) neither team could complete a deep ball. i had 30 att. cpu had 40
2. Sacks (3/8) way to many instant sacks by cpu
3. Int (1/1) this was really good. i threw a dumb one and i got a late one
4. Deflections (9/5) i felt my secondary was too good when ball in air. no warping though.
5. Drops (6/7) ill tell you what i thought about this at end
6. Yards per carry (idk); YPC of main HB (10.1 on 21 carries/4.5 on 23 carries)
7. Tackles for loss (11/14) seems high. what are NCAA avg per game?
8. Fumbles (2/4) cpu seemed to fumble easy
9. Punt yards average (42.5 on 6/34.6 on 8) cpu punted to sideline alot and was not acc.
10. Field goal % (100 3 for 3/100 2 for 2)
11. Penalty yards (10/30)

total yards 312 to 310 i had negative 70 just by qb
top was almost perfectly even
i felt that the db's for both teams were a little to good. the cpu's might be fine because i will get better but my db's never let the ball get the wr unless it was short and if it did they dropped it alot. i think wr catch needs to be raised 5 or 10 for both sides and then the hum pass coverage dropped. that way the ball will get to reciever but get dropped during contact. not much of that at all. either batted away or if open dropped alot. nothing deep open for either team. i found hum running very easy. had some big plays and didn't even play starter in 4th. my passing will get better but the cpu pass rush is crazy sometimes. the cpu also fumbled alot in crucial times. the game was 7-6 at half and the cpu fell apart in 2nd half. about 60 plays for each offense in this one. not counting special teams. one really good thing about pass coverage was the db's didnt warp or do anything suspect. but they do seem to close to fast when balls in air. i mean that they are running even and i have a 5 yard lead on db and even if i lead the pass the db will catch up in the sprint. that's not right and needs to be fixed. one of the sliders directly affects when ball is in air. have to go read playmakers sliders to remember. hope this helps some. i will play more as i think you are on to something.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

Sorry for lack of updates but I am adjusting and testing coaching sliders. I have already adjusted and fixed CPU rush vs pass. I am close now to fixing pass rush issues. The CPU is blitzing too often on default leading to higher sacks. In my testing currently I get very good results. Drops may appear high but are misreported by the program. The 4-5 drops per game real world are only open drops. Currently about 1/3 of drops in game are not statistical drops. If you are hit and drop it should not be counted. Deflections are to high on default and with sliders. Unfortunately the AI QB are too good and the coverage too loose at lower pass coverage gives too many big breaks. I may decrease threshold a bit more to 65.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #52
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

are you going to post your coaching sliders when your done with them? i really want to put those in before i start my dynasty. sliders will change after you balance the game. really looking forward to them. following other thread also.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:56 AM   #53
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

After trying all the others .. yet again ... yours gave me hope ...
Old 07-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Sorry for lack of updates but I am adjusting and testing coaching sliders. I have already adjusted and fixed CPU rush vs pass. I am close now to fixing pass rush issues. The CPU is blitzing too often on default leading to higher sacks. In my testing currently I get very good results. Drops may appear high but are misreported by the program. The 4-5 drops per game real world are only open drops. Currently about 1/3 of drops in game are not statistical drops. If you are hit and drop it should not be counted. Deflections are to high on default and with sliders. Unfortunately the AI QB are too good and the coverage too loose at lower pass coverage gives too many big breaks. I may decrease threshold a bit more to 65.
Following closely, can't wait for the updates. FWIW, I tried FF's sliders which were set at normal, threshold at 65 and speed just felt right. There 2 big plays in particular (by each team) where the faster WR beat a slower corner, caught the ball and ran for the TD untouched. LB's seemed to pursue a little faster compared to default but not unrealistically, which really improves gameplay.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oraeon, have you tested the INT slider with the new speed threshold. Playmakers noted in his thread that this slider, at least on Varsity, didn't really impact the # of INT's but, rather, how the DB's reacted to the ball while it's in the air. I'm wondering if this slider in AA at this speed threshold would react the same way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #56
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisch44
Oraeon, have you tested the INT slider with the new speed threshold. Playmakers noted in his thread that this slider, at least on Varsity, didn't really impact the # of INT's but, rather, how the DB's reacted to the ball while it's in the air. I'm wondering if this slider in AA at this speed threshold would react the same way?
this is correct in how playmakers explained it. its actually been this way since ps2 days. the old knockdown slider controlled how close they mirrored receivers. it should act the same on all levels. the only thing the levels do anymore is make the awarness better. if you read the research by versus he said the levels also control how close the db's cover the wr's. which you can control in game plan also. i love playmakers set except for the fact the cpu SS and FS are not very involved and i can torch the middle of field. im going to give the slider adjustments a try today. ill get a few games in this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »