Home

Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

I've been messing with these on Slow, and made a few slight changes

Speed: Slow
Thresh: 25
HUM Pass Block: 40
CPU Rush D: 60

I tested with a variety of teams in practice, and everything felt good on HUM offense, except I thought the CPU pass rush or either HUM pass blocking needed to be turned down a hair, for a slight bit more pressure on the HUM passer.

Also bumped up CPU Rush D one click, as I felt good teams were a little slow at reacting to the run.

Otherwise it feels perfect to me, as far as CPU D and HUM offense.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #18
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Which speed do you personally use, Slow or Normal? I prefer slow, as I believe college football IS a slower sport than the NFL. But I've noticed on some sets, changing speed from normal/slow can affect sliders and the way things play out. Have you noticed this?
Yeah, slow speed plays very differently than normal in almost all phases of the game. With slow speed, animations play out a lot slower on blocking, making the run game easier; it also allows more time to make reads in the passing game. If you do play on slow, bump up cpu run defense and lower user run defense. Passing for the cpu is the same, but definitely increase cpu pass rush or lower blocking like you suggested in your second post. I play on normal, but if enough people like slow speed, you could help me create a slider set for it. it would only be really base changes like the one's posted above.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-12-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #19
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Unless I get more feedback from other users about big tweaks that are needed, these sliders are in their final stages. I will still make changes, but they will be less drastic since the base set is where it should be. The only possible problem I have left is human pass rush, which is being worked on. Other than that, these sliders are really good. I also might make a base slider set for the slow speed down the road.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-12-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Utah (me) vs UCONN

31-14

1st downs: 16-15
Offense: 296-311
Rushing: 35-125-2 ; 16-9-0
Passing: 16/28 171 1 ; 22/33 302 1
3rd down: 8/15 ; 1-5
Turnovers: 1 (FL) ; 4 (2 int, 2 FL)
TOP: 18:40 ; 16:03

I turned down CPU rush D to 50 because the DE was crashing down about 90% of the time on the read play...lowered to 50 he actually stayed home...HUM Run Block is at 45 and lowered CPU pass rush to 50.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #21
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
Utah (me) vs UCONN

31-14

1st downs: 16-15
Offense: 296-311
Rushing: 35-125-2 ; 16-9-0
Passing: 16/28 171 1 ; 22/33 302 1
3rd down: 8/15 ; 1-5
Turnovers: 1 (FL) ; 4 (2 int, 2 FL)
TOP: 18:40 ; 16:03

I turned down CPU rush D to 50 because the DE was crashing down about 90% of the time on the read play...lowered to 50 he actually stayed home...HUM Run Block is at 45 and lowered CPU pass rush to 50.
Yeah, I haven't tested these too much with a spread option attack. I suggest moving down run blocking to balance out the less aggressive CPU rush defense. 55 or 60 on cpu pass rush provides a realistic time in pocket of about 3-6 seconds depending on playcall. Could make it too easy at 50, but these are just suggestions to make the game play realistically and harder.

Also, version 1.5 is up with some tweaks to fg power, user run defense, and tackling set to 40 for cpu. I am finding that teams are playing more true to their ratings. A good rushing team with good o-line will gash you. Spread passing team will find the holes in zone and beat man coverage. Really good defenses can create turnovers and dominate the game. My favorite thing with these sliders are more defensive punch in the mouth games, SEC style!
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-12-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #22
MVP

tried lowering run blocking...playing vs Wyoming a C defense and they are absolutely destroying my OL. through 1 half I have 7 yards rushing...the spread plays almost perfectly at 50/50...it's hard at 45/50, but I think if you run this offense, you need to be at 50/50...any higher CPU run defense or lower Human run blocking and the CPU destroys your OL regardless of your team.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #23
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
tried lowering run blocking...playing vs Wyoming a C defense and they are absolutely destroying my OL. through 1 half I have 7 yards rushing...the spread plays almost perfectly at 50/50...it's hard at 45/50, but I think if you run this offense, you need to be at 50/50...any higher CPU run defense or lower Human run blocking and the CPU destroys your OL regardless of your team.
Yeah, those zone blocking schemes still aren't programed well by Ea. Spread teams are definitely the exception to some of the base settings. This is why tweaks are important. Is everything else playing well?
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
Yeah, those zone blocking schemes still aren't programed well by Ea. Spread teams are definitely the exception to some of the base settings. This is why tweaks are important. Is everything else playing well?
Yeah, I'm blowing out Wyoming and I should be...they are terrible vs the pass, and looking at the DB ratings, they don't have anyone higher than C in zone or man.

I went back to 50/50 and am seeing much much more realistic blocking by the human OL vs the CPU DL...people will scoff at 50/50 and say it's too easy...but if you go 40/60 and run out of the spread, you'll get so frustrated, you won't continue. I posted this on the main board, because I think EA has completely screwed up the OL assignments for option teams. The triple option is worthless unless you bump the run blocking up to 70 and move to slow. The spread option works great at default, and Nevada's pistol option offense is much like the triple option...useless unless you majorly tweak the sliders to compensate how quickly the CPU reacts to the misdirections and such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »