Home

Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Manning18's Varsity CPU Vs CPU Sliders

I'm using coaching mode(varsity,8 min qtrs,very slow) and have been tweaking mkharsh33's sliders for the best stats I can get and so far this is what I've come up with that works fairly well for me but still needs some tweaking. Hope these help in some way with your cpu vs cpu sliders.

QB Accuracy: 75(even at this number I'm still seeing lots of sub 50% completion games)
Pass Blocking: 75(still seeing a tad more sacks than I'd like(2 to 3 a game would be great), it's not real high tho(around 3-4 avg),maybe set it to 80, or lower the pass rush more, or both)
WR Catching: 75(I'm still seeing dropped balls by receivers with subpar hands)
RB Ability: 70(good backs are usually breaking 100 yards, but rarely over 200 unless they get 30+ carries)
Run Blocking: 75(plenty of holes, but lots of negative yards too, usually with cruddy options, blech)
Pass Coverage: 70 (was 75 dropped it a bit to see if it would help with completion % and combined with the boost to qba and wrc seems to have helped, some what. I may need to drop it some more.)
Pass Rush: 90 (have had games where there's 0 sacks, others 4+)
Interceptions: 55(so far getting fairly realistic pick numbers with it)
Rush Defense: 100 (mkharsh had it set there and I haven't found a need to lower it)
Tackling:65 (not a lot of broken tackles, not that realistic but it does keep the big plays from happening all the time) Might be able to drop it 60.

Min Speed Threshold is at 45. This number keeps the huge plays down to a more realistic number. There's still plenty of them tho.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Guys like you and Manning18 are to be comended for bringing and interest to sport buffs like myself who do enjoy watching a good CPU vs CPU game, to me it shows a certain sign of being a more mature gammer as opposed to some younger players who enjoy a button mash freenzy.

In my younger days my skills were bar none but then as years went by my interest became more likeing to actually thinking about what the heck I was doing ergo a coachs mind set, so thank you for stepping up and representing a small but mature majority of gamers who still enjoy sport simulations ala video game/computer simulation style.....keep up the great work.

The game does have a coach mode for guys like us so asking a question as the previous poster just doesn't make sense unless he perhaps does not have an understanding of the games deep and rich options that are suppose to appeal to all ages and perhaps even teach a few lessons.

Rickster101

haha mature and gaming dont really go together ... ....im 34 and have grown up with video games...still cant see the point in just watching a video game when u can watch the real thing....i always felt video games are a release and a way to have fun...but if u guys enjoy it to each his own...
Old 07-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #35
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

I like CPU vs CPU mode because I am older than I used to be, so my thumb jockey skills are not what they used to be. Plus I can set up the game and go do some stuff around the house. Go take a nap, watch TV, surf the internet, whatever. I don't have to sit there tied to the Xbox for an hour or so playing a game. And probably the most important factor is that the game results depend entirely upon player ratings and not my own input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 8

can someone explain the magical 4th down and long conversions....i have seen it 4th and 25 and then a miracle pass completion for a td or a first down. how can i fix that problem?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Manning, are you using named rosters. There seems to be a huge glitch that changes tendencies when editing players. D.Robinson turns into a balanced QB and Luck into a scrambler. Makes DT get more sacks than DE. Big bug.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #38
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaf8
Manning, are you using named rosters. There seems to be a huge glitch that changes tendencies when editing players. D.Robinson turns into a balanced QB and Luck into a scrambler. Makes DT get more sacks than DE. Big bug.
I am using the community rosters, I had not heard of this. I'll try it with the default rosters and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #39
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
haha mature and gaming dont really go together ... ....im 34 and have grown up with video games...still cant see the point in just watching a video game when u can watch the real thing....i always felt video games are a release and a way to have fun...but if u guys enjoy it to each his own...
Ever been to a place called Los Vegas or played a game called Grand Theft Auto,Call Of Duty, Mass Effect or any game with a rating that indicates the content not intended for younger gamers....oh by the way tickets for live games are rather costly these days last I paid in Cali to see a USC game cost me and my mate 160.00 some odd dollars,I don't mind watching sporting events on TV ala "Monday Night Football" or College games.

As for the sliders they're working out fairly well for me but I'm noticing alot of offense in them I'll try some of the recent changes and see what happens with then as for defensive sacks by other players on the other side of the ball.

Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 07-21-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #40
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaf8
Oh ffs, it never ends does it? Now I'm curious to see how it plays with unnamed rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »