Home

any sliders fix the wide open vertical routes?

This is a discussion on any sliders fix the wide open vertical routes? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: any sliders fix the wide open vertical routes?

I'm using varsity level sliders (of which the patch utterly destroyed) but found 75 to be helpful. But again, plug one hold and open the other. My fear is this: with all the screwing around of sliders, who knows if the true representation of individual player attributes really shine through. The game is broken, so we do the best we can. I wish I hated college football as it would make my life a little easier.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'm using varsity level sliders (of which the patch utterly destroyed) but found 75 to be helpful. But again, plug one hold and open the other. My fear is this: with all the screwing around of sliders, who knows if the true representation of individual player attributes really shine through. The game is broken, so we do the best we can. I wish I hated college football as it would make my life a little easier.
I'll try 75. I wish man coverage on deep outs were better. db always seem to give wr such a cushion that it's hard for them to recover no matter where the coverage slider is.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

one rule of thumb I use: no "vertical" patterns. I know it sucks to have to enforce house rules, but that play can be abused EVERY time, so I won't allow myself to use it. nothing you can do about the other ones, so again, we just do the best we can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
Rookie

Emac's Arena

OVR: 0

I've come to believe the main problem is that the CPU changes their gameplan adjustments to "aggressive" zones. Strangely, it is the only gameplan option that they change which leads me to believe it is a bug. The CPU goes to aggressive it seems when the opposing team is backed up deep on their own side of the field, and at the end of each half. I found this out by doing a cpu vs cpu game, and was watching long bomb after long bomb at the end of a half. Finally, I went and took over a cpu team and looked at their adjustments. The CPU had their zone coverage set to aggressive. Which by doing that, causes their defensive backs to get beat deep if they are playing zone. Test it out yourself. If EA would just give us the option to disable the gameplan feature and get the CPU to stop playing press coverage so often, the deep ball problem would probably be solved.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

I noticed as an OC that the DC was going agressive on zones as well. They also went to O-Line agresson earlier than I'd like, considering my penalty sliders.

Sliders cannot predict nor compensate for CPU behavior .. that is what tuning updates are fr. If I see a jump snap indicator I start barking to pull themoff line ... is that cheap ? If not, then why would tossing a vert be when they obviously are playing the LOS zones ?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emac
I've come to believe the main problem is that the CPU changes their gameplan adjustments to "aggressive" zones. Strangely, it is the only gameplan option that they change which leads me to believe it is a bug. The CPU goes to aggressive it seems when the opposing team is backed up deep on their own side of the field, and at the end of each half. I found this out by doing a cpu vs cpu game, and was watching long bomb after long bomb at the end of a half. Finally, I went and took over a cpu team and looked at their adjustments. The CPU had their zone coverage set to aggressive. Which by doing that, causes their defensive backs to get beat deep if they are playing zone. Test it out yourself. If EA would just give us the option to disable the gameplan feature and get the CPU to stop playing press coverage so often, the deep ball problem would probably be solved.
Good catch Emac. I too was contemplating whether it had something to do with defensive adjustments or coach philosophies in regards to defense(ex:aggressive or conservative)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »