Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:34 AM   #3921
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Hey Matt have you ever thought about doing a cpu vs cpu set? In my opinon they are best for getting the most accurate play out of players based on their ratings because there is no human interference. Just a thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 03:35 AM   #3922
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Hmm, i just had a game with my vandals. We played Texas State and got slaughtered 56-21. My QB couldn't throw the ball and their cbs were able to catch. They had 8 ints...wtf! I have never thrown that many ints before. It was bad. My wrs were open but they were able to jump in front and pick it off. I am not mad though, it's nice to get my butt kicked from time to time. Imagine if it was Bama.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #3923
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamnmoe
Hey Matt have you ever thought about doing a cpu vs cpu set? In my opinon they are best for getting the most accurate play out of players based on their ratings because there is no human interference. Just a thought
Our current set is pretty balanced, have you tried CPU V CPU with these?
Old 06-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #3924
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yikes!!! Can you give us the ratings of the Miss State RT (PBK, RBK, AWR), the awareness of the MSU QB and the Pass Rush/Block Shed rating of the LE?

Were the sacks the result of pressure, too many screens, etc? Did you blitz a lot, or was it with a 4 man rush? What style of defense were you running?
Don't have exact ratings right now, but when the QB wasn't firing rocket lasers at will and going 33/35 (he was rated an 80ovr, not an amazing player at all. I used purely zone in the first half and purely man in the second, neither stopped him at all.) he'd end up trying to scramble to the right, usually straight into the RT/LE. I might try (i think it was) Charter's suggestion of changing all the scrambling QB's I face to "Balanced" so they don't run around so idiotically.

And anyone using these, is it just me who is using these sliders beyond year 1 in their dynasty? Like I said in my last post, I'm in year 4 with pretty much all game-generated players now and wondering if that's making my outcomes so wonky.

I'll try a few more games but I'm going to change the HUM/CPU passing to 10/10 instead of 45. QBs are just too accurate for me right now.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:27 PM   #3925
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Don't have exact ratings right now, but when the QB wasn't firing rocket lasers at will and going 33/35 (he was rated an 80ovr, not an amazing player at all. I used purely zone in the first half and purely man in the second, neither stopped him at all.) he'd end up trying to scramble to the right, usually straight into the RT/LE. I might try (i think it was) Charter's suggestion of changing all the scrambling QB's I face to "Balanced" so they don't run around so idiotically.

And anyone using these, is it just me who is using these sliders beyond year 1 in their dynasty? Like I said in my last post, I'm in year 4 with pretty much all game-generated players now and wondering if that's making my outcomes so wonky.

I'll try a few more games but I'm going to change the HUM/CPU passing to 10/10 instead of 45. QBs are just too accurate for me right now.
It's not the QBA, it's the PCV. Play it @ 80 - you will see a difference. Lowering the QBA is a mistake most slider makers make because it messes with the perception of the defensive backs. People were wondering why there aren't any pass deflection animations, it's because you're playing on 5-10 QBA for the CPU; why would your defensive backs worry about a QB with low accuracy valued (5-10), so that's why they keep going for the interceptions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #3926
Rookie

GamerDad48's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier

I am using this latest slider set in my dynasty with ULL. I am in yr 6 of my dyansty (first yr as HC with ULL ave rating of 77). I played SDSU Aztecs (ave rate 84) and i got clobbered 40-0. which is just about right even though it was frustrating as all get out that i couldn't get much offense going and my Deffense was minimal at best. My Def 77 SDSU off 84. They moved to ball on me like they should have and the CPU D stopped my offense like it should have as well. I would have to say this slider set it pretty golden. I am on a 3 game skid right now, next up UCLA ranked #11 so that could be interesting.
I am hoping things turn around once I get into conference play.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #3927
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's not the QBA, it's the PCV. Play it @ 80 - you will see a difference. Lowering the QBA is a mistake most slider makers make because it messes with the perception of the defensive backs. People were wondering why there aren't any pass deflection animations, it's because you're playing on 5-10 QBA for the CPU; why would your defensive backs worry about a QB with low accuracy valued (5-10), so that's why they keep going for the interceptions.
Hey Matt, could you describe what you have found each of the sliders affect? I never considered that the QBA being low would contribute to DBs going for more picks. I only ever considered it effecting decision making and accuracy (maybe arm strength as well). Anyways, it would be great to know what you have found to be effected by each slider. Thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #3928
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's not the QBA, it's the PCV. Play it @ 80 - you will see a difference.
If my problem is the coverage being awful/QBs being too powerful, what does this do exactly? Make CBs play less aggressive and more balanced?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »