Home

Fiddy's NCAA 14 Sliders

This is a discussion on Fiddy's NCAA 14 Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fiddy's NCAA 14 Sliders

I totally agree that when you try a bunch of the slider sets out there it messes with the game's animations in a bad way--to the point where I just started playing AA default. All of a sudden, animations were looking good! My question is: Why did you choose Varsity for the offensive side of the ball? Is it to eliminate overly aggressive DB's?

Also: Do you have the threshold at 25 because of the animations being better than at 0 or because you think it's more realistic?

BTW, I find it odd the lack of response to this thread--Thanks for posting these sliders!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #18

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

About to test with CPU Run Defense at 100.

Not gonna mess with the INT slider yet, I think I need to see a few more games.

I'll report back with how I think it plays.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #19
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Fiddy,

Have you been using Yukon's latest roster with his adjusted speed ratings? I was curious since he said he's using Very Slow in his dynasty and you have yours set at Normal. Wasn't sure if you were seeing a difference in how the game plays with his latest file and your most recent slider set.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
Rookie

I thought human passing and running was waaay too easy with these. I scored every possession thru 3 quarters.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Haven't tested your theory yet, but I have been tinkering with something pretty similar. I'm starting to believe that this years sliders have to add up to the default total to make the infinity engine work properly. Looking at what you have posted for the CPU, if added up it equals the same as default, 450 pts offense and defense. You even stay at the default 700 if you include special teams.
When I was testing at values far below these numbers I thought I broke my game. Guys were bouncing 10 yards out of bounds, looked like physics on the moon.
i thought about this the other day, bc there were a few guys that did this with NCAA/Madden years ago. they believed that you had to keep to a default total so the game wouldn't be so screwy. if i remember correctly they played pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billtom
Would love to see how these stack up to Matt10 set. Been playing with his since release but the game just doesn't feel natural.

Also would you say this set is more challenging than all the others?
i LOVE Matt10's set, a bit of extra challenge to them i guess. i just was sick of the tinkering here and there. so went back to this old method to see how it would play out, and it has worked out very well.

this is where i hate not being able to save multiple slider sets to my profile. best way to do that now is start a season with a team and name the season file to whatever slider set you added. can load up, quickly play any season match up with the sliders and not worry about coaching levels etc. ive done this for 4 slider sets on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Though I'm playing default all-american for offense and defense, I think if I was going to adjust sliders it would be using this method. I think using a 25-point scale, one adjustment in either direction should show tangible change in the area being tweaked. Shoot, I may even try this with Hum/CPU QB Accuracy in some play now games before taking it into my dynasty.

The only change I'd make would be to take out the 0 and use the 25, 50, 75, 100 like Madden has been doing since about 2009 where Human sliders were set as such:

100 Rookie
075 Pro
050 All-Pro
025 All-Madden
this is exactly where i got my thinking from. bc of how Madden does its levels. i went with 0 for a few things bc im playing offense on varsity and at 25 the QB ACC is spot on. not enough missed passes etc.

in Madden 12, i made a level between all madden and all pro. bc i was sick of the slider tinkering then LOL.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKAROD4HELP
I totally agree that when you try a bunch of the slider sets out there it messes with the game's animations in a bad way--to the point where I just started playing AA default. All of a sudden, animations were looking good! My question is: Why did you choose Varsity for the offensive side of the ball? Is it to eliminate overly aggressive DB's?

Also: Do you have the threshold at 25 because of the animations being better than at 0 or because you think it's more realistic?

BTW, I find it odd the lack of response to this thread--Thanks for posting these sliders!
i went with Varsity bc of the DB Glitch etc that occurs on AA and Heisman. also, i suck! LOL, so Varsity is a breathe of fresh air for me on the offensive side of things. i even that out by playing Defense on Heisman.

i went with threshold 25 bc of not seeing enough breakaway runs. i know if it gets out of hand i can go to 50, 75, or even 100. i played a few games at 100 and it was actually fun. but just not enough separation for my liking by going this default type route.

i dont worry about response to the thread. just wanted to post what i was doing and see if it would help just one other guy enjoy the game a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Fiddy,

Have you been using Yukon's latest roster with his adjusted speed ratings? I was curious since he said he's using Very Slow in his dynasty and you have yours set at Normal. Wasn't sure if you were seeing a difference in how the game plays with his latest file and your most recent slider set.
i always use Yukon46's Roster. i snagged his latest update from yesterday as well.

i thought of the speed etc of his roster and that he uses very slow. i tried that and cant do it. i also tried slow, and again, still see some slow down that bothers me. so normal it is. but, i could probably live with slow if i HAD to.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #22
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billtom
I thought human passing and running was waaay too easy with these. I scored every possession thru 3 quarters.
sure, obviously Varsity on offense is easy for you. make adjustments, max out rush d, pass d, bump up INT's to 75 or so. change threshold from 25 to say 75 etc. or bump up to All American or Heisman on offense.

like i mentioned, this set up isn't for everyone. its a base, adjust to your skill level and play style.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #23
Rookie

Thanks for responding to my questions. I'll plug in your sliders and see how they go. I'm definitely interested to see how Varsity offense is with your sliders, I am more of a casual player and I got crushed by 'Bama last night 23-3 on default AA. I was playing with Texas A&M and I couldn't throw the ball at all. I know that 'Bama's secondary is good, but their DB's were everywhere!

Thanks for posting these again!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
this is exactly where i got my thinking from. bc of how Madden does its levels. i went with 0 for a few things bc im playing offense on varsity and at 25 the QB ACC is spot on. not enough missed passes etc.

in Madden 12, i made a level between all madden and all pro. bc i was sick of the slider tinkering then LOL.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html
Nice to meet you my long lost brother. I did the exact same thing on Madden 12. But the thing I liked about Madden was when you made those changes the difficulty went to 'Custom' and become a whole other level. This though does not. Still should be easy enough to make adjustments since you're going up or down by 25 at a time.

I'm anxious to see how the game plays with all things default save for human/cpu QB Accuracy set to 25. Is it quitting time yet? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »