Home

Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

This is a discussion on Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making.. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #65
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
Tried these last night, 2 fun games. However, I had 5 pick 6s in 2 games. Anyway to tone that down? I probably won at least 1 game I shouldn't have. Even then the CPU passing game is intense. TT passed for 656 yards and SMU passed for 521 yards...granted I am TCU and their defense isn't the best with 2013 rosters.

I beat TT 66-63 and SMU 41-31. The TT game was nuts...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the first page as a MAJOR revamp has been down and it is ALOT better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post Re: Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

I implemented the changes and got my *** handed to me by uconn. I was 11 ranked buffalo headed for a sure win into the heart of conneticut. Only remembering that their only weapon was a 92ovr RB with 97 break tackle and a 81ovr QB with legs. not too worried still. all of a sudden I was down 17-31 with 5:00 mins left in the 4th.

crazy frustrating game, they rushed for 396 yards between the 2 RBs and the QB. I could not stop the run, my defense was built around coverage, not run heavy teams or dominant backs. And when the coverage held up the Qb would just run for a 10 yard gain anyway. And to make things worse my starting Qb was injured for the first half. But still great game, did not notice anything glaring about the sliders.

now we are ranked 22 still barely hanging on in the top 25 and ranked 6th in the american conference with a 7-2 record

Last edited by novian.cobb; 11-16-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: forgot to include some info
Old 11-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #67
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by novian.cobb
I implemented the changes and got my *** handed to me by uconn. I was 11 ranked buffalo headed for a sure win into the heart of conneticut. Only remembering that their only weapon was a 92ovr RB with 97 break tackle and a 81ovr QB with legs. not too worried still. all of a sudden I was down 17-31 with 5:00 mins left in the 4th.

crazy frustrating game, they rushed for 396 yards between the 2 RBs and the QB. I could not stop the run, my defense was built around coverage, not run heavy teams or dominant backs. And when the coverage held up the Qb would just run for a 10 yard gain anyway. And to make things worse my starting Qb was injured for the first half. But still great game, did not notice anything glaring about the sliders.

now we are ranked 22 still barely hanging on in the top 25 and ranked 6th in the american conference with a 7-2 record
I'm 3 games into my new season (4th year at San Jose State) with these sliders and couldn't be happier. My main problem with the old sliders was Human passing. No matter how good my QB was, I could never complete over 60% in a season, and would have far too many Int's for a QB rated over 90. In these 3 games ive had Comp % of 73, 52, 63 against varied level of opponents. These sliders along with the Coach sliders makes Everything play beautifully so far. Will post end of season stats soon.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:02 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
I'm 3 games into my new season (4th year at San Jose State) with these sliders and couldn't be happier. My main problem with the old sliders was Human passing. No matter how good my QB was, I could never complete over 60% in a season, and would have far too many Int's for a QB rated over 90. In these 3 games ive had Comp % of 73, 52, 63 against varied level of opponents. These sliders along with the Coach sliders makes Everything play beautifully so far. Will post end of season stats soon.
by coach sliders do you mean coaching agg/conv to 50 or something else
Old 11-17-2015, 04:41 AM   #69
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by novian.cobb
by coach sliders do you mean coaching agg/conv to 50 or something else
The sliders on the edit Coach menu....Credit for these findings go to JoshC and JP18...

The basic parameters are as follows:
Offensive Run/Pass Ratio: basically to reflect the team's style.

Defensive Run/Pass Ratio: at or near 50 keeps the defensive playcalling more realistic.

Offensive Aggression: for the most part, the offensive aggression will be set above 50. The players play harder and teams go for the killer blow more readily (if too many teams are below 50 or so, the CPU play begins to suffer a fair bit). These are set to reflect the real life aggressiveness of the teams so a team like Baylor will be more aggressive than a team like LSU when it comes to deep balls and the like.

Defensive Aggression: The vast majority of teams will be set between 30 and 50. A setting of 30 is more controlled and disciplined - so your stronger defenses will be set at or near here for the most part. A higher setting is more aggressive (more gambling for tackles and so on) with a higher propensity for giving up big plays. The problem with really high settings is that CPU teams blitz a LOT and can make it almost too easy for the user to pick them apart.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #70
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

Just an FYI, I'm bumping the minutes to 12 min quarters. To each their own liking though. I just noticed I'm only getting about an average of 125-135 total plays a game. Though it should be noted, as a house rule, I only use accelerate clock in the 4th quarter only. And I've been leading in the 4th in all four of my games in this season with these sliders (4-0). But I still think bumping it to 12 minutes its necessary.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #71
Rookie

Icon11 Re: Definitive Coach Mode Sliders NCAA '14 in the making..

so far I am really liking the variety of games with these sliders. with the old set, overall the offensive run game would be a little too easy. And I love how teams really try to capitalize on their strengths.

I got done playing a game against usf that had a stout run defense, which dominated at the line of scrimage(entire front 7 was 83 ovr or above) but their corners were fairly mediocre. My play style normally is to run down your throat then pass when you try to adjust, but I was not making any progress in the running game. So in the second half I had to pass to setup the run, which was difficult at first the halftime score was 9-6. But I ended up winning 30-32 with a game winning drive with 2:04 mins left in the 4th qtr.

Then I played a game vs Temple which had a fairly average front 7( highest ovr player was a DT with 80 ovr) but two studs at safety. In this game I brought in the same mentality from the usf game which was pass first run second(bad move) and the defense stopped me quickly. And their offense scored two back to back TDs. In The second QTR I quickly adjusted and started running the ball like used to. The running game was cake, my guys were dominating the run game. my back usually did not get touched until he hit the safeties which usually put him on his back. I barely won the game 33-30 still, due to Temple amazing passing weapons(87,83,80 ovr WR with a 92 ovr QB)

Each game I have to monitor my opponent, what am I doing well at, and what am I sucking at then adjust accordingly which is amazing. Considering usually I would just use my gameplan no matter what and always come out on top.
Words cannot explain how much I am enjoying these sliders. Hopefully this post comes close LOL

Last edited by novian.cobb; 11-20-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #72
Rookie

I just finished the tail end of my season with these sliders. So far every thing looks good and most of the games have been pretty difficult. I was 2-2(11-3 overall) since I put the sliders in.
the only thing that I seem to notice is a lack of penalties. in every one of those games I usually did not see a single penalty a few games there was one or two but that is about it.
I am a little timid about tweaking something for fear it would throw off the feel of the set.

I was wondering has anyone else noticed this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »