Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #1177
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Also, bear in mind that every coach's sub frequency should be set to 50...this is critical because that is the actually fatigue "slider". Not sure if you have that set or not.
I haven’t set these sliders yet since I haven’t been been able to get a game in lately, but I intend on setting everything exactly as you say. I’ve learned the hard way that deviating from the plan on any slider set doesn’t help anyway.

I might have questions when I set aggressions. I’d like a universally acknowledged set for those rather than a “no more than ~65” setup based on how good the opponent is. Did I read that correctly?
Old 12-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #1178
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
I haven’t set these sliders yet since I haven’t been been able to get a game in lately, but I intend on setting everything exactly as you say. I’ve learned the hard way that deviating from the plan on any slider set doesn’t help anyway.

I might have questions when I set aggressions. I’d like a universally acknowledged set for those rather than a “no more than ~65” setup based on how good the opponent is. Did I read that correctly?
Firstly, Amen Tuscaloosa....Preach it! lol. In regards to your aggression sliders, me personally, I have not messed with the coach aggression for the AI coaches. My coaches are all set at 50 and I leave the AI coaches aggression default. I havent ever messed with them and I'm having a ball with these and decided to hold off until I see wierd play calling or need more challenge. Josh may have a good baseline for you but not sure its necessary. The sub slider for each AI coach, and the defensive play calling for each coach is 50, thats all I change from week to week since I dont have editor.

I think I mostly hold off as it makes it more realistic for me, that you can be a blue blood program with high rated players, but may have a coach with a bad "scheme". The players arent bad, its on the coach. Like my bowl game I will be playing tonight against UL Lafayette, defensive aggression for them is 90. My last few games of the season and conference championship have swayed a lil from 30-60 range but def not 90. They are ranked so maybe its more due to the coaches scheme rather than the teams ratings. If its the coaches scheme then obviously if its working he is going to get promoted. Just another dash of realism for me hence the reason I dont change, but if your needing an overall difficulty boost, you may need to adapt. And thats my POV rant on that.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #1179
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkyplaya
Firstly, Amen Tuscaloosa....Preach it! lol. In regards to your aggression sliders, me personally, I have not messed with the coach aggression for the AI coaches. My coaches are all set at 50 and I leave the AI coaches aggression default. I havent ever messed with them and I'm having a ball with these and decided to hold off until I see wierd play calling or need more challenge. Josh may have a good baseline for you but not sure its necessary. The sub slider for each AI coach, and the defensive play calling for each coach is 50, thats all I change from week to week since I dont have editor.

I think I mostly hold off as it makes it more realistic for me, that you can be a blue blood program with high rated players, but may have a coach with a bad "scheme". The players arent bad, its on the coach. Like my bowl game I will be playing tonight against UL Lafayette, defensive aggression for them is 90. My last few games of the season and conference championship have swayed a lil from 30-60 range but def not 90. They are ranked so maybe its more due to the coaches scheme rather than the teams ratings. If its the coaches scheme then obviously if its working he is going to get promoted. Just another dash of realism for me hence the reason I dont change, but if your needing an overall difficulty boost, you may need to adapt. And thats my POV rant on that.

Has anyone have yet to change anything from default? Such as penalty sliders? Like the way these play but curious.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #1180
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtl420
Has anyone have yet to change anything from default? Such as penalty sliders? Like the way these play but curious.
Highly doubt it. Like he said in the past, you start messing with one and you change something else and eventually you just end up with community sliders in a different format on all american difficulty lol. Essentially I think you are overtaking the ratings value when you change a slider. Like the holding slider, just because you nudge holding up, doesnt mean each player causes a holding penalty that much more often. But they tend to "hold" their blocks longer, so then you have to bump the offsides so that the d-line gets better push and on and on it goes.

I used a set a few years back that had everything default with zero threshold and zero penalty sliders.....all zeros. I tolerated it for awhile because it was ratings based, but it was a hot mess in reality. All it did was cause me to be unable to appreciate the game without ratings gameplay.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #1181
Pro

Quote:
Highly doubt it. Like he said in the past, you start messing with one and you change something else and eventually you just end up with community sliders in a different format on all american difficulty lol. Essentially I think you are overtaking the ratings value when you change a slider. Like the holding slider, just because you nudge holding up, doesnt mean each player causes a holding penalty that much more often. But they tend to "hold" their blocks longer, so then you have to bump the offsides so that the d-line gets better push and on and on it goes.

I used a set a few years back that had everything default with zero threshold and zero penalty sliders.....all zeros. I tolerated it for awhile because it was ratings based, but it was a hot mess in reality. All it did was cause me to be unable to appreciate the game without ratings gameplay.
I agree. Also, I think it robs the game of what I guess I would call "realistic outcomes" of any given play. For instance, in my game against the aforementioned Houston, I threw a pick which led to my WR reacting, hustling over and choosing to strip the ball - not a hit a coincidental fumble - he went for the strip. Then the same Houston db (still on his feet since it wasn't a full hit) reacts to the fumble, hustles in a full sprint to dive on it just in front of one of my OL. I actually smiled because it had been so long since I had seen a play like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #1182
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I agree. Also, I think it robs the game of what I guess I would call "realistic outcomes" of any given play. For instance, in my game against the aforementioned Houston, I threw a pick which led to my WR reacting, hustling over and choosing to strip the ball - not a hit a coincidental fumble - he went for the strip. Then the same Houston db (still on his feet since it wasn't a full hit) reacts to the fumble, hustles in a full sprint to dive on it just in front of one of my OL. I actually smiled because it had been so long since I had seen a play like that.
Definitely seems like the AI on both sides of the ball give way more effort when its crunch time or a crucial situation. Doesnt mean I am guaranteed to score, but you can see the effort. Broken tackles, crucial blocks, crucial receptions. Might come up short sometimes, but they worked their *** off to get within a yard lol.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #1183
Rookie

Quote:

You’re so right every time I change one little thing I end up on a heisman set. Really have had the best gameplay/animations with this all American set.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #1184
Pro

A couple questions:

1. Are your thoughts in the OP about Skill Trees still the same with this set, or is that from a while back? Recently I've started to dominate a little too easy, both in game and overall statistically, and that is the only thing that has changed - my Skill Tree as an OC. Which brings me to...

2. Do you guys always play as Head Coach, both offense and defense, or do you ever play as a coordinator? And, how much does being just a coordinator hurt the experience as far as AI performance on the other side of the ball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »