Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2017, 01:43 PM   #73
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Been enjoying these so far man. I'm in year 6 of a dynasty using them (simmed and recruited as an OC) so I just started playing games. 2-1 right now. 38-3 win over WKU (in Hawaii), 38-41 loss in OT to Arizona, 20-17 win over Army. I bumped up CPU run block to 45, may even take it to 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #74
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
I used these in my Online Dynasty and they made the Triple Option basically useless, at least from the Flexbone. The Pitch man is consistently 5 yards behind the QB and seems to stop dead in his tracks when he gets the ball.

EDIT: After experimenting around a little more, the Wishbone Triple Option seems relatively usable, as do the ones from the Pistol and Shotgun formations (obviously). It's just the Flexbone that has an issue.
I tested this too, you're spot on bro. Thanks for this info
Old 07-30-2017, 03:04 PM   #75
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
Been enjoying these so far man. I'm in year 6 of a dynasty using them (simmed and recruited as an OC) so I just started playing games. 2-1 right now. 38-3 win over WKU (in Hawaii), 38-41 loss in OT to Arizona, 20-17 win over Army. I bumped up CPU run block to 45, may even take it to 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Awesome man! Close finishes, and keep us updated w/ your Dynasty bro. I wanna see your end season results with these
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 06:29 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Try these out bro, and let me know your results?

These sliders definitely made the game tougher, but not for the right reasons. Only played one game but saw the same issues repeatedly.

- The CPU either had an incompletion, or a ball that was thrown out of bounds. Nothing else.

- I never had more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. Regardless of how many blockers vs. pass rushers there were, the D-Line pushed right through the O-Line. Twice I had 7 men blocking vs. a 3 man rush and two defenders broke through before I even completed my drop back. What was worse is that slide protection did absolutely nothing to help with this.

- My RB seemed stuck in the mud off the snap. Noticed a play where the LB covered 6 yards before the RB took two steps after receiving the ball.

These issues made the game just feel unnatural. Pass coverage was much better, but it was just completely overshadowed by the other problems. Idk. Will continue to search for sliders that make this game playable, but have yet to find any since this game has come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #77
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
These sliders definitely made the game tougher, but not for the right reasons. Only played one game but saw the same issues repeatedly.

- The CPU either had an incompletion, or a ball that was thrown out of bounds. Nothing else.

- I never had more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. Regardless of how many blockers vs. pass rushers there were, the D-Line pushed right through the O-Line. Twice I had 7 men blocking vs. a 3 man rush and two defenders broke through before I even completed my drop back. What was worse is that slide protection did absolutely nothing to help with this.

- My RB seemed stuck in the mud off the snap. Noticed a play where the LB covered 6 yards before the RB took two steps after receiving the ball.

These issues made the game just feel unnatural. Pass coverage was much better, but it was just completely overshadowed by the other problems. Idk. Will continue to search for sliders that make this game playable, but have yet to find any since this game has come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, What were the match-ups? & Respectfully, I suggest playing a few more before assessing the problems outright, but I respect your honesty too.

For my competition level, if you see the box scores I hardly get sacked, and my run game is solid but challenging. Give it a few more games and let us now your results bro?...These ARE NOT for everyone, and if they don't work out for you, thanks for trying these out anyway!

Last edited by jkits; 07-30-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #78
Rookie

Hey man just wanted to say I love these sliders! Best ones I have ever used. One thing I noticed though is I fumble a lot, and a lot more than the CPU. Any way to tweak that?
Old 07-31-2017, 12:46 AM   #79
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsujoseph
Hey man just wanted to say I love these sliders! Best ones I have ever used. One thing I noticed though is I fumble a lot, and a lot more than the CPU. Any way to tweak that?
Thanks man!! Well funny thing is most ppl complain about there never being enough fumbles in 14'...so you're the first Ive heard say that. But I press R1 (or RB for 360) to tuck the ball in. If your fumbling really is too crazy, then just change it in your in-game coaching adjustments to conservative.

Last edited by jkits; 07-31-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Thanks man!! Well funny thing is most ppl complain about there never being enough fumbles in 14'...so you're the first Ive heard say that. But I press R1 (or RB for 360) to tuck the ball in. If your fumbling really is too crazy, then just change it in your in-game coaching adjustments to conservative.
Yeah it could just be coincidence. Normal fumbles by the RB and WR/TE are good, 3 or 4 were from my QB getting drilled in the pocket and I had one really costly one as I went into Death Valley as Boston College and my QB got hurt so I had to bring in the undersized backup. We were mounting a comeback so I couldn't use him to slide on the read option, just had to hold onto the ball with R1 and he got lit the f up lmao

But yeah I like these sliders because the game feels more realistic. The QB's miss throws from time to time, pass catchers drop sometimes. The run game feels more realistic, and the challenge feels appropriate for the team I'm playing

I picked Boston College and started off thumping an FCS team and then Wake Forest. Lost a close one at USC, had some costly turnovers but the defense couldn't stop them so I lost 34-41. Next week I'm demolished by FSU and Dalvin Cook. Then the following week Army started off hot scoring in 4 running plays, and it was kind of cool because it seemed like my players literally started to adjust and we shut them down.

Next week I head to Death Valley facing Deshaun Watson and the opening kickoff I return it for a TD! From there Clemson scores and my QB Towles is knocked out of the game. My undersized backup came in who has some speed put us up 14-7, but from there we couldn't stop Clemson and ended up losing 34-24.

I was 3-3 at that point and headed to Chapel Hill. It was a grind of a game as both sides struggled. I thought I was done as Trubisky runs a 45 yd TD, but with a defensive stop and a well executed drive the Eagles tied the game with 5 remaining. As a first year Head Coach I needed a marquee victory so I went for 2 and got it! The Eagles are 4-3 now and are poised for a bowl game and stay hot on the recruiting trail

Having so much fun with these

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »