Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2017, 05:59 PM   #81
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsujoseph
Yeah it could just be coincidence. Normal fumbles by the RB and WR/TE are good, 3 or 4 were from my QB getting drilled in the pocket and I had one really costly one as I went into Death Valley as Boston College and my QB got hurt so I had to bring in the undersized backup. We were mounting a comeback so I couldn't use him to slide on the read option, just had to hold onto the ball with R1 and he got lit the f up lmao

But yeah I like these sliders because the game feels more realistic. The QB's miss throws from time to time, pass catchers drop sometimes. The run game feels more realistic, and the challenge feels appropriate for the team I'm playing

I picked Boston College and started off thumping an FCS team and then Wake Forest. Lost a close one at USC, had some costly turnovers but the defense couldn't stop them so I lost 34-41. Next week I'm demolished by FSU and Dalvin Cook. Then the following week Army started off hot scoring in 4 running plays, and it was kind of cool because it seemed like my players literally started to adjust and we shut them down.

Next week I head to Death Valley facing Deshaun Watson and the opening kickoff I return it for a TD! From there Clemson scores and my QB Towles is knocked out of the game. My undersized backup came in who has some speed put us up 14-7, but from there we couldn't stop Clemson and ended up losing 34-24.

I was 3-3 at that point and headed to Chapel Hill. It was a grind of a game as both sides struggled. I thought I was done as Trubisky runs a 45 yd TD, but with a defensive stop and a well executed drive the Eagles tied the game with 5 remaining. As a first year Head Coach I needed a marquee victory so I went for 2 and got it! The Eagles are 4-3 now and are poised for a bowl game and stay hot on the recruiting trail

Having so much fun with these
Man I've thought about running w/ BC too. Love the story line man, some great finishes win or lose! & The ACC is back to high end status..Who are your next opponents?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

These are pretty spot on. Everybody always writes their season synopsis so i'll do the same. I was E. Michigan D-coordinator for 2 seasons and then penn st for 2. Mike Riley retired and I was offered my alma mater job at Nebraska. First game I won 35-3 over N. Illinois and thought these were just like any other and I was gonna win every game hands down. Next up was Tennessee, I lost 16-7. Then crushed FCS Midwest (2-1). Then travelled to #15 Louisville, lost again...25-16, threw too many interceptions, so I decided that I was gonna play field position game, run the ball, punt, try to hold them to low scores and don't force throws, qb had 257 yards against Minnesota with 0 ints!! I won that game 27-14. (3-2 on the year). Then at #7 penn st, using the same system, played smart, good defense, only 1 int and won 14-10. Then beat Indiana 24-10 and Purdue 27-17. So I'm sitting at 6-2 right now. I'd like the CPU to score a bit more, but I'm afraid tweaking anything will throw it off. Their RB already averages almost 10 yards per carry regardless of team, and I can't seem to get more than 2 yds per carry but my rb has 87 acc with 92 spd so I'm sure that has something to do with it so we'll see... and their qb seems to always hit key 3rd downs as a wide receiver breaks open just before my pass rush arrives, how conveinant. Nebraska is like a 95 ovr but I can't just walk all over teams like I could as a group of 5 school in year 4 with a loaded roster. I use Josh's house rules for recruiting as well and love them...I'm down to recruiting my 3rd choice qb and in jeopardy of losing out on one for the entire class. This set is as close to I've ever come being happy with the game...and I am, I've texted friends that they should try this set out too...I love it...I would've liked to have maybe lost that penn st game 21-10 or 24-10 or something like that...but each game is a challenge and that was the whole point...so overall very happy, if you're tired of winning every game in year 3 by 42 points this is the set for you!!
Old 08-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #83
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKEjcl41
These are pretty spot on. Everybody always writes their season synopsis so i'll do the same. I was E. Michigan D-coordinator for 2 seasons and then penn st for 2. Mike Riley retired and I was offered my alma mater job at Nebraska. First game I won 35-3 over N. Illinois and thought these were just like any other and I was gonna win every game hands down. Next up was Tennessee, I lost 16-7. Then crushed FCS Midwest (2-1). Then travelled to #15 Louisville, lost again...25-16, threw too many interceptions, so I decided that I was gonna play field position game, run the ball, punt, try to hold them to low scores and don't force throws, qb had 257 yards against Minnesota with 0 ints!! I won that game 27-14. (3-2 on the year). Then at #7 penn st, using the same system, played smart, good defense, only 1 int and won 14-10. Then beat Indiana 24-10 and Purdue 27-17. So I'm sitting at 6-2 right now. I'd like the CPU to score a bit more, but I'm afraid tweaking anything will throw it off. Their RB already averages almost 10 yards per carry regardless of team, and I can't seem to get more than 2 yds per carry but my rb has 87 acc with 92 spd so I'm sure that has something to do with it so we'll see... and their qb seems to always hit key 3rd downs as a wide receiver breaks open just before my pass rush arrives, how conveinant. Nebraska is like a 95 ovr but I can't just walk all over teams like I could as a group of 5 school in year 4 with a loaded roster. I use Josh's house rules for recruiting as well and love them...I'm down to recruiting my 3rd choice qb and in jeopardy of losing out on one for the entire class. This set is as close to I've ever come being happy with the game...and I am, I've texted friends that they should try this set out too...I love it...I would've liked to have maybe lost that penn st game 21-10 or 24-10 or something like that...but each game is a challenge and that was the whole point...so overall very happy, if you're tired of winning every game in year 3 by 42 points this is the set for you!!
Awesome narrative man! Thanks for using these, and passing them along as well. Each game can definitely be challenging, and I'm not mad at your record being 6-2. A cool thing to think about is a 95 overall team should be competing for a National Championship, and 1 loss can throw you out of the race. You're standing at 6-2 now, so your best hope is a conference championship & bowl game. Seems like you inherited a pretty good team, but building one with these sliders has been fun and super challenging, esp w/ the house rules. So just think if you decided to be a HC a lower rated team that you'd have to build, you may see more losses that way. Nonetheless, this Dynasty sounds fun bro, and good luck landing that new QB! I expect nothing less than a National Championship from this team! lol
Old 08-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Awesome narrative man! Thanks for using these, and passing them along as well. Each game can definitely be challenging, and I'm not mad at your record being 6-2. A cool thing to think about is a 95 overall team should be competing for a National Championship, and 1 loss can throw you out of the race. You're standing at 6-2 now, so your best hope is a conference championship & bowl game. Seems like you inherited a pretty good team, but building one with these sliders has been fun and super challenging, esp w/ the house rules. So just think if you decided to be a HC a lower rated team that you'd have to build, you may see more losses that way. Nonetheless, this Dynasty sounds fun bro, and good luck landing that new QB! I expect nothing less than a National Championship from this team! lol
That was my intent originally but I'm impatient. Very happy with 6-2...but feel like it should be 5-3, but upsets happen too...I love the fact that I am probably out of the race, and that next year I have guys coming in that aren't scouted (until they commit) because the 72 ovr SS drops to a 67 ovr...teams don't know that til they get on campus, which plays true to life and prevents me from removing him from the board and adding a guy that I scouted to be a 75 ovr gem...also prevents you from having a 2-deep roster of all 99's...which is very unrealistic...really makes you pick targets wisely and go after the right ones to make sure you fill holes...really makes you have to put a great year together to win the national championship, not just taking eastern Michigan to the rose bowl year 1 and winning the title in year 2... I've been search for realism since 2013, I wish I could be doing this on ps4 instead but I digress...this game would be so sick on the new gen...makes me wanna cry thinking about all the possibilities....nonetheless, I'm really happy with this dynasty and I'm glad I found you!! Thanks for your perseverance and your time and effort!!

Last edited by AKEjcl41; 08-03-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #85
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
That was my intent originally but I'm impatient. Very happy with 6-2...but feel like it should be 5-3, but upsets happen too...I love the fact that I am probably out of the race, and that next year I have guys coming in that aren't scouted (until they commit) because the 72 ovr SS drops to a 67 ovr...teams don't know that til they get on campus, which plays true to life and prevents me from removing him from the board and adding a guy that I scouted to be a 75 ovr gem...also prevents you from having a 2-deep roster of all 99's...which is very unrealistic...really makes you pick targets wisely and go after the right ones to make sure you fill holes...really makes you have to put a great year together to win the national championship, not just taking eastern Michigan to the rose bowl year 1 and winning the title in year 2... I've been search for realism since 2013, I wish I could be doing this on ps4 instead but I digress...this game would be so sick on the new gen...makes me wanna cry thinking about all the possibilities....nonetheless, I'm really happy with this dynasty and I'm glad I found you!! Thanks for your perseverance and your time and effort!!
I agree 100 percent man, ps4 version of NCAA would've set us straight for good I believe! And yea man, I love the recruiting house rules. Building a team is so much more realistic and fun! I even do QB house rules based on his awareness rating. Which determines if he's allowed motion, audible, hot route, & flip play.

Me & Braska15 were even discussing a new house rule for the playbooks, based on your OC & DC ratings. By either limiting them to a number of plays/formations based on their coach skill rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
I agree 100 percent man, ps4 version of NCAA would've set us straight for good I believe! And yea man, I love the recruiting house rules. Building a team is so much more realistic and fun! I even do QB house rules based on his awareness rating. Which determines if he's allowed motion, audible, hot route, & flip play.

Me & Braska15 were even discussing a new house rule for the playbooks, based on your OC & DC ratings. By either limiting them to a number of plays/formations based on their coach skill rating.

I like that too...I also use QB rules which I'm considering changing...I haven't found anything that works...its either all or nothing...I feel like if I hot route i'll convert 80% of the time. If its 3rd down, and corner is playing off, hot route to a curl at the first down line and its open every time almost...and if they're in press run a slant...or have a slot run off the safety and run a slant underneath...so I've limited myself to no hot routes... and I pick one of the 3 coach pick plays to avoid running money plays or things that work over and over and try to run them the way the play is designed...problem is on 3rd and 8 its 3 different formations of 4 verts, so if I go through and pick my own play, I'm going against my own house rules...so I'm not sure where the sweet spot is...let me know what you decide on the ratings based hot routes and such. and I don't wanna go through the playbook and delete plays and stuff because I'd just be eliminating plays that I feel don't work...which I don't want, because tackles for loss happen, sacks happen on long developing routes...and most of the cpu playbooks don't even get used on coach pick...they tend to pick plays by situation, EX: 2nd & 1, most coaches are thinking lets take a shot downfield or throw the ball and get the 1 yard later if its incomplete...where the computer will think "get the 1st down" and pick 3 run plays out of big or goal line sets...these are miniscule problems that are pipe dreams to fix I believe but if you have something I'm open to any ideas....also I have 0 ability to pop a big pass play unless its a broken tackle 1 on 1...I'd like the ability to throw deep and complete it once and a while, its either picked or knocked down, I can hit maybe 1 of 15 so I shy away from it and end up punting a lot because of a stacked box...I'd like to back the defense off because I feel like I'm pressed on every play and struggle to find time in the pocket....like I said, I'm open to trying any ideas you might have for any of these...and i'll help where I can as well, and its what I want because I'm losing games to teams that I should possibly lose to, so maybe I'm just trying too hard to make it perfect, but if its obtainable I wanna find it.

Last edited by AKEjcl41; 08-03-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #87
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
I like that too...I also use QB rules which I'm considering changing...I haven't found anything that works...its either all or nothing...I feel like if I hot route i'll convert 80% of the time. If its 3rd down, and corner is playing off, hot route to a curl at the first down line and its open every time almost...and if they're in press run a slant...or have a slot run off the safety and run a slant underneath...so I've limited myself to no hot routes... and I pick one of the 3 coach pick plays to avoid running money plays or things that work over and over and try to run them the way the play is designed...problem is on 3rd and 8 its 3 different formations of 4 verts, so if I go through and pick my own play, I'm going against my own house rules...so I'm not sure where the sweet spot is...let me know what you decide on the ratings based hot routes and such. and I don't wanna go through the playbook and delete plays and stuff because I'd just be eliminating plays that I feel don't work...which I don't want, because tackles for loss happen, sacks happen on long developing routes...and most of the cpu playbooks don't even get used on coach pick...they tend to pick plays by situation, EX: 2nd & 1, most coaches are thinking lets take a shot downfield or throw the ball and get the 1 yard later if its incomplete...where the computer will think "get the 1st down" and pick 3 run plays out of big or goal line sets...these are miniscule problems that are pipe dreams to fix I believe but if you have something I'm open to any ideas....also I have 0 ability to pop a big pass play unless its a broken tackle 1 on 1...I'd like the ability to throw deep and complete it once and a while, its either picked or knocked down, I can hit maybe 1 of 15 so I shy away from it and end up punting a lot because of a stacked box...I'd like to back the defense off because I feel like I'm pressed on every play and struggle to find time in the pocket....like I said, I'm open to trying any ideas you might have for any of these...and i'll help where I can as well, and its what I want because I'm losing games to teams that I should possibly lose to, so maybe I'm just trying too hard to make it perfect, but if its obtainable I wanna find it.
Interesting, I've never tried the coach pick before. But I feel you about Hot routes, may be something I reconsider. I will say, that eliminating the cheese plays that always work, has definitely allowed me more freedom to try other plays, as well as a challenge to run the designed play.

I'll keep you posted on the playbook thing as well
Old 08-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #88
Rookie

Icon14 Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

Wow these sliders are awesome! Been a few years since I played and threw like 9 interceptions my first go with these sliders. After the 6th game with these sliders I finally got the hang of it and love how QB accuracy builds momentum after completing sequential passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »