Home

J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

This is a discussion on J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #801
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: J-KITS NCAA FB SLIDERS: OS Official

I am thinking about jumping to these from the community sliders, but I have general concerns about a few things:

- I am extremely hesitant to play with WRC at zero. I don't user catch and it's not something I want to start doing. I'm afraid this is likely to be a deal breaker, unfortunately.

- I really need there to be a long term win percentage difference between home and away. I've been thinking if there are ways to accomplish this without the hfa setting, with house rules or some other change. But for now I need hfa on. In general in my experience this doesn't seem to be too much of an impact.

- I am pretty sold that fatigue needs to be off for the best cpu AI experience. It seems like nearly all of the most annoying ai decision making quirks are improved, in my own limited experience and from reading others who swear by it. I desperately wish an experienced slider maker would sit down and balance out a fatigue off set. If nothing else, just because lots of people like to play this way, and simply taking a fatigue on set and turning it off is not sufficient as it screws up balance.

Either way, I am about to finish off year four of my dynasty, and the community sliders are starting to feel too easy. I'll be implementing major conference realignment and a promotion/relegation system, I have a python script to apply progression updates to the entire roster to slow down overall progression and make it more random. I'm soon implementing a change to that which makes it based on hidden player attributes (will likely use discipline as it doesn't correlate with player overall currently). So with alot of changes to my dynasty, now is a good time to throw in a new slider set. Just wish someone had balanced out an hfa on, fatigue off set!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #802
Rookie

OVR: 0

doctorhay53, can you explain what a python script is, and how to use it?
Old 10-04-2020, 07:51 PM   #803
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Spiderman
doctorhay53, can you explain what a python script is, and how to use it?
Python is a programming language. For many years I have used python for data analysis; the NCAA 14 dynasty save is basically a big database (think of a bunch of excel sheets filled with data). So I export tables from the EA DB editor, run my python scripts to perform edits to them, then re-import them with the EA DB Editor.

For instance, I export the "PLAY" table from my dynasty save which contains all of the player attributes. My python script modifies every player's attributes based on a random number, and based on the hidden "discipline" attribute. The mean of my added progression is -2% each season; so on average, a redshirted player with 4 years of progression will be 8% lower in overall than he would have been with the default in-game progression. So a player that would have been a 90 OVR before would be an 83 on average. No more building a monster out of unrecruited 3* players.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:00 PM   #804
MVP

Back on the topic of the sliders, I have slideritis bad and I tried these out after running into some annoyances with the fatigue off set that I was using (mainly that I was 80% completion with 12 TDs - 0 INT after 3 games).

Unfortunately these seem to suffer from the usual problems with fatigue on sets, particularly, the AI stops running the ball and falls off a cliff after the first quarter. I can already feel that nagging feeling of going to CPU v CPU to avoid the slideritis pain, but we'll see what the rest of the season holds. I did manage to lose one game to a fairly even opponent, but the rest of my games I have won quite easily.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #805
Rookie

JustinT86's Arena

OVR: 0

Will these sliders work well on Varsity?
#6VFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2020, 10:04 PM   #806
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Back on the topic of the sliders, I have slideritis bad and I tried these out after running into some annoyances with the fatigue off set that I was using (mainly that I was 80% completion with 12 TDs - 0 INT after 3 games).

Unfortunately these seem to suffer from the usual problems with fatigue on sets, particularly, the AI stops running the ball and falls off a cliff after the first quarter. I can already feel that nagging feeling of going to CPU v CPU to avoid the slideritis pain, but we'll see what the rest of the season holds. I did manage to lose one game to a fairly even opponent, but the rest of my games I have won quite easily.
Thing is, we all master the learning curve eventually, and there are some attributes of '14 game too embedded that we can no way change with the offered in-game sliders. Applying house rules don't always solve the issues either. All in all, you may have just mastered HUM v CPU my friend
Old 10-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #807
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Thing is, we all master the learning curve eventually, and there are some attributes of '14 game too embedded that we can no way change with the offered in-game sliders. Applying house rules don't always solve the issues either. All in all, you may have just mastered HUM v CPU my friend
I ended up going 6-3 with these sliders. Some relatively evenly matched games were a bit too easy, but 2 of the 3 losses I got beaten pretty badly by teams with great QBs. A common them of all three losses was turnovers; I think I lost a fumble at a key moment in each one, and after falling behind, threw some picks. That's certainly a losing formula.

With my progression edits I still think it could take me a little while to put a BCS NC together. Just have to deal with the fact that some games that shouldn't be easy, turn into blowouts. Not every CPU playbook is of the same quality and some teams just never play as well as they "should" on paper.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #808
Rookie

OVR: 1

J-kit, out of curiosity what are your coach sub frequency settings? Do you do 70/85 like the community sliders or 50/50 like the vikesfan rosters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »