Home

Dirty Disc Errors

This is a discussion on Dirty Disc Errors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #49
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Dirty Disc Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTents
I personally think it has something to do with the way EA presses their discs. I have had frequent dirty disc errors on NCAA 07, Madden 07, Tiger Woods 06, and now on NCAA 08. I have never had a dirty disc error on any other game.

If I hadn't been so enamored with 60 FPS and had remembered all the DDEs I had gotten, I would have bought this for the PS3. Needless to say, this is the last EA game I buy for the 360, which is a shame since I much prefer it to the PS3.

Damn I hate EA.
I think you may have something. I have had no DDE's nor freezes with any other games other than EA games. And I have had freezes with the PS2 on Madden (03 and/or 04) and with NCAA Football 07 and 08, as well as the NCAA basketball game. My kids have Sims 2 Pets for PS2 (freezes) and alot of other games from other companies on both consoles, and nothing else has frozen or given a DDE. So at least from what I see, it COULD be an EA issue. The problem is, I'm addicted to EA sports games!

I can cope with any of the issues; hell, i heven had to send back my 360 twice (got 2 refurbs, then did a switch out for a new one @ a large retailer who shall go nameless....)
Old 07-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #50
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

I exchanged my game to walmart for another and havent got the disc read error yet.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 07-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
I exchanged my game to walmart for another and havent got the disc read error yet.
Please update us in like a week if you would and let us know if you still haven't gotten any DDE's.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #52
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I've been getting them 1 every 2 games now. I'll try taking the disc out after playing.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

I think that maybe when you shut the 360 off the reader arm retracts back and maybe catches on the disk or something causing it to never be reading straight and maybe displace itsself off the arm. With no disk in it can retract fully and be on the rails for when you put your game in with it already on and running.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:42 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
I think that maybe when you shut the 360 off the reader arm retracts back and maybe catches on the disk or something causing it to never be reading straight and maybe displace itsself off the arm. With no disk in it can retract fully and be on the rails for when you put your game in with it already on and running.
that might make sense because after doing the "take the disc out of the tray" thing I've now played about another 15=20 hours or so without any DDEs..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2007, 07:33 AM   #55
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I had 2 DDE's in my first 6 or 7 games, then I began taking the disc out after every session and I haven't had any more DDE's in about 8 or 9 games since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

I read the "take the disc out of the tray" tip shortly after ncaa release. I started doing this and haven't had a single DDE since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »