Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
So would the jury say I Won this case?
I'd say yes, you would win.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Ya it can go ahead an be locked.. Lol and I wasn't looking for justice...
Quote:
But yea, both arguments are right, so everyone wins. The video highlight wasn't cheese in my opinion, either, because the DE pulled a ridiculous stunt, and most people would and are agreeing with you. You were right in your assertion that you could scramble.

The argument (at least, my own argument) on the other side is that you can't drop something for the sake of peace, and that you only care about winning, and this whole thread is overwhelming evidence that the previous statement is true. I would say something cool like "OK, lock the thread, and I'll never post here again cuz I'm the bigger man", but I actually like reading arguments, because it's more fun content. Pointing out argument fails like the one in the quotes is always fun, too.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #107
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Won what? We all agree that one play isn't cheese, but that's not going to get you back into that dynasty. It's clear your personality did not sit well with the commish. Cheeser or not, some personalities just don't blend well and can ruin the fun for everyone. I think you just weren't a good "fit" for that dynasty. But there are plenty more. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Won what? We all agree that one play isn't cheese, but that's not going to get you back into that dynasty. It's clear your personality did not sit well with the commish. Cheeser or not, some personalities just don't blend well and can ruin the fun for everyone. I think you just weren't a good "fit" for that dynasty. But there are plenty more. Good luck.
He won the argument. It's not about "getting him back into the dynasty", it's about him being confused as to why he got kicked out when he did something completely legit. Personality has nothing to do with it. The way I see it, the guy on defense needs to learn to play defense, and suck it up if he ends up losing. But saying the guy got kicked out because the commish didn't like his personality? That's like a referee not calling pass interference because he doesn't like the receiver.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 03-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #109
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdude2004
He won the argument. It's not about "getting him back into the dynasty", it's about him being confused as to why he got kicked out when he did something completely legit. Personality has nothing to do with it. The way I see it, the guy on defense needs to learn to play defense, and suck it up if he ends up losing. But saying the guy got kicked out because the commish didn't like his personality? That's like a referee not calling pass interference because he doesn't like the receiver.
Nope. The argument entailed a lot more than that one play, which most of us agree was legit. There were other accusations and things being tossed around (including the commish not liking his personality) that can't be settled because we don't have anything but heresay. Did he run back 20 yards to pass? He says no, the commish says yes. Was he verbally obnoxious toward the commish? Again no proof either way. So if you want to define the argument as to whether that one play was cheese or not, then sure I'd say he won. But they argued over a heck of a lot more than that. On a side note, OD Commissioners aren't required to keep guys in their dynasty they don't like. It's a game, meant to be fun, and even if you are a fair commish, there's no reason to keep someone around that everyone else in the dynasty finds annoying. But like others have said, this should be locked. It's over.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 0

# WINNING you wouldn't have had fun in that od anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »