Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm sick of the computer cheating

I am so tired of the cheating that goes on during games against the computer. I am currently in an Online Dynasty that is played on heisman and some of the things that happen are ridiculous. It sill happens on all-american, but it isn't as blatant or obvious.

I've had 3 or 4 plays reviewed that were all easy calls and the booth made the wrong call after the review. No surprise that all of the wrong calls benefited the computer. One other thing I've noticed is that it will only review plays that would/will benefit the computer. The user on the other hand has to waste their challenge as the game won't review a play that would be beneficial to the user.

I'm sick of the computer intercepting any pass they can get their hands on. Me on the other hand... I user the DB and press the Y button to intercept or try and swat the ball and my DB does nothing. Doesn't even bother to put his hands up. This happens all the time. Same thing on offense.

The computer gets AWESOME blocking. I rush 6 guys and I still can't get that much pressure. If I do the computer takes off and runs with the QB for a nice gain. The computer rushes 4 or 5 guys and I have a very short time to get the ball off. They also get awesome run blocking. When I run the ball I can't even follow my blockers because they aren't even concentrated on their blocking assignments. I don't know how many times I've watched a blitzing LB run right by my FB, TE, or pulling guard. They don't even make an attempt to block the computer. I don't mind if the computer makes a play and gets around my guy, but for him to be completely untouched is total non-sense. Sometimes the difference between a 5 yard gain and a 3 yard loss is the blocker just getting a chip on the blitzer to slow down his momentum.

The computer breaks tackles whenever it wants to. Sometimes even multiple tackles on the same play. I can't even get my power running back to push the defender backwards as he is tackled. I rarely break tackles on heisman. The computer seems to break a tackle every play.

I also want to know why when I scramble with my QB the computer defenders leave the man they are defending immediately and pursue my QB. Usually before I even get to the line of scrimmage. This is extremely evident when you try to scramble in the flats. When I'm on defense and the computer QB scrambles none of the secondary of LB's pursue until they are at least 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Not to mention when I try and switch players to user the play... it switches me to someone who is behind the QB or too slow to make the angle of pursuit, so they are already out of the play.

The computer QBs are like Tom Brady. Even the mobile QBs. I will have a WR completely blanketed and the computer will throw a pass behind the WR... the WR will turn around and my CB will follow but be a step behind and then the computer makes a nice catch. If I did that precision pass my WR wouldn't get to the ball in time.

I'm also mad about what happens with fumbles. (this also happens in user games) You fumble the ball and your guys just sit there and watch while the other team dives across the screen to grab the ball. It also ticks me off when I switch to someone pursuing the fumble... and I know I have time to scoop the ball up, so I can make some type of a fumble return... and the stupid "computer assist" crap comes on and I dive. That seems to happen against the computer all the time.. of course when you have wide open field ahead and it would likely be a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegomaize
I am so tired of the cheating that goes on during games against the computer. I am currently in an Online Dynasty that is played on heisman and some of the things that happen are ridiculous. It sill happens on all-american, but it isn't as blatant or obvious.

I've had 3 or 4 plays reviewed that were all easy calls and the booth made the wrong call after the review. No surprise that all of the wrong calls benefited the computer. One other thing I've noticed is that it will only review plays that would/will benefit the computer. The user on the other hand has to waste their challenge as the game won't review a play that would be beneficial to the user.

I'm sick of the computer intercepting any pass they can get their hands on. Me on the other hand... I user the DB and press the Y button to intercept or try and swat the ball and my DB does nothing. Doesn't even bother to put his hands up. This happens all the time. Same thing on offense.

The computer gets AWESOME blocking. I rush 6 guys and I still can't get that much pressure. If I do the computer takes off and runs with the QB for a nice gain. The computer rushes 4 or 5 guys and I have a very short time to get the ball off. They also get awesome run blocking. When I run the ball I can't even follow my blockers because they aren't even concentrated on their blocking assignments. I don't know how many times I've watched a blitzing LB run right by my FB, TE, or pulling guard. They don't even make an attempt to block the computer. I don't mind if the computer makes a play and gets around my guy, but for him to be completely untouched is total non-sense. Sometimes the difference between a 5 yard gain and a 3 yard loss is the blocker just getting a chip on the blitzer to slow down his momentum.

The computer breaks tackles whenever it wants to. Sometimes even multiple tackles on the same play. I can't even get my power running back to push the defender backwards as he is tackled. I rarely break tackles on heisman. The computer seems to break a tackle every play.

I also want to know why when I scramble with my QB the computer defenders leave the man they are defending immediately and pursue my QB. Usually before I even get to the line of scrimmage. This is extremely evident when you try to scramble in the flats. When I'm on defense and the computer QB scrambles none of the secondary of LB's pursue until they are at least 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Not to mention when I try and switch players to user the play... it switches me to someone who is behind the QB or too slow to make the angle of pursuit, so they are already out of the play.

The computer QBs are like Tom Brady. Even the mobile QBs. I will have a WR completely blanketed and the computer will throw a pass behind the WR... the WR will turn around and my CB will follow but be a step behind and then the computer makes a nice catch. If I did that precision pass my WR wouldn't get to the ball in time.

I'm also mad about what happens with fumbles. (this also happens in user games) You fumble the ball and your guys just sit there and watch while the other team dives across the screen to grab the ball. It also ticks me off when I switch to someone pursuing the fumble... and I know I have time to scoop the ball up, so I can make some type of a fumble return... and the stupid "computer assist" crap comes on and I dive. That seems to happen against the computer all the time.. of course when you have wide open field ahead and it would likely be a TD.
About the not being able to jump with your DBs problem, do you have the tuner? When I wasn't using it I had the same problem as you, but now when I use the tuner I can actually jump and get user picks.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecraiders128
About the not being able to jump with your DBs problem, do you have the tuner? When I wasn't using it I had the same problem as you, but now when I use the tuner I can actually jump and get user picks.
Yes I do.. I have to because I play online. I'm aware of what you are saying though.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Whats also funny is when you come out in a pass, and quick audible to run. The CPU crowds the box with a blitz. If you audible out, they back off.

They know your play. Every. Time. Can't fake them out by resetting the play or audible to run twice to fake them. Nope. Nada.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Rookie

DJncsu13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
Whats also funny is when you come out in a pass, and quick audible to run. The CPU crowds the box with a blitz. If you audible out, they back off.

They know your play. Every. Time. Can't fake them out by resetting the play or audible to run twice to fake them. Nope. Nada.

Knowing your play really gets to me. Especially on a 4th and short and you try to run a fake punt run in a situation you normally wouldn't, they line up in Punt Return Safe. Every freaking time. I very rarely run a fake punt, so when I do, they shouldn't know it's coming, every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Edit........

Last edited by Mhurricane266; 07-18-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

This is one of the reasons I don't mess with heisman. I'd reccomend playing on all American and getting a great set of sliders. Base heisman is usually full of all of that bs. Back when I was younger I'd deal with it so If any one asked or wanted it play I'd be like yeah put it on heisman but I'm in the business of enjoyment when I play games and ea heisman difficulty is ridiculous so I'll put the game on whatever difficulty I enjoy most. I see your in an online dynasty though so it won't fix that problem
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8

I found that out with the fake FGs and punts. EVERY time you try to run a fake they come out in a fake FG or fake punt defense. Then on the contrary, every time you punt they come out in the normal punt return or field goal block.

The fake plays are completely useless against the computer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »