Home

rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudicata
My RPCS3 is starting to freeze about 30% of the time during NCAA games. It freezes about 80% of the time whenever its the 1st game I plan upon booting up (usually late 1st quarter). After that probably 15% of any other game, typically 4rd or 4th quarter.

I don't know what exactly is causing it, it seems to be when the game is trying to load a cut scene. I know the game still runs (can feel my controller vibrating) but the visual is frozen.

I haven't updated NCAA 14, would that help? Any other solutions people have run across?

I've tried skipping and not skipping the cut scenes, but that doesn't make a difference.
Does it say compiling shaders somewhere on the screen?

― Plato
Old 08-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Not OP but yes this happens to me with that compiling shaders message.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
No, it just freezes. For example, my guy makes a big catch for first down and gets tackled. It will freeze as he is on the ground about to get up, and my gut says the game wants to jump to a "highlight" ie players high fives or cheerleaders. I'm not 100% positive because its frozen. Then after a minute or so my controller will vibrate and the game is still playing but my screen is frozen.

Speaking of the cheerleaders, I notice a 1-2 second delay when it jumps to them

Looking at settings, going to try it with V Sync turned on tonight

A guy from reddit has almost identical hardware but slightly better video card and he uses V Sync so hopefully that's the trick.

Maybe I need to upgrade my 970 video card...I really do love this game on PC, just wish it wouldn't freeze.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:02 AM   #20
Rookie

Huskereurocat's Arena

I'm using an Xbox 360 controller on my PC. Trying to figure out if there is a setting somewhere to make the icons in-game show up as xbox 360 icons instead of PS3 icons? I would like it to be the Y, X, A and B that are on the xbox 360 controller.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #21
Rookie

V Sync improved games freezing. It will freeze more often in games to go to cut scenes after a big play but after a few seconds it will resume and not kill the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2020, 03:44 PM   #22
MVP

pinbw's Arena

My game also freezes like the judicata.
I also wonder if it is due to lower graphics card gtx 970, and less ram (8gb), but I have an ok cpu i5 8600k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskereurocat
I'm using an Xbox 360 controller on my PC. Trying to figure out if there is a setting somewhere to make the icons in-game show up as xbox 360 icons instead of PS3 icons? I would like it to be the Y, X, A and B that are on the xbox 360 controller.
Currently I'm using a PS4 ds4 controller. But Let us know if you find out how.
The closest thing I found is someone on ncaa revamped discord posted doing it but didnt show how he installed it. It might be built into ncaa revamped mod, but I haven't installed that to find out. They say to wait for future mod updates.
--------
Recently I found some improvement in speed settings from a couple videos on YouTube. Search Ncaa14 4k 60fps... I wasn't getting 60 but more like 37-45 with an i5 8600k + 970gtx.(so maybe I don't have a good enough cpu/gpu to get 60fps).But it was better than before. I still get the freezes in the middle of a game, so I will try out vsync setting next.

Last edited by pinbw; 08-30-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskereurocat

There is a mod here that can do that. I don't have enough posts so OS won't let me link it. Sending a PM.

Worked great for me, makes it so much more playable. Tho i lack an excuse for throwing INTs now.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #24
Rookie

pc.savior2001's Arena

I have i7 7700k 16gb ram, ssd, 1080ti. After about 2 hours of testing I have it working well, only 1 or 2 quick audio hiccups in a game. Here are my settings, hope it helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (50.4 KB, 1715 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (72.2 KB, 1724 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (39.7 KB, 1703 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (106.5 KB, 1712 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (87.7 KB, 1699 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »