Home

Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

This is a discussion on Its NFL Playgrounds, right? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #89
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTHENTICNFLNBA
You heard it here first.. That's a FACT!!
This cracks me up everytime lol!...I keep picturing some sleezy car salesman TV ad in an 80's action flick. It's almost up there with "I'd buy that for a dollar!".

Mods, please keep this dude around.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #90
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

This has to be the best thread on OS since the Ridin v. Mill meltdown over on The Show forum. This guy has been an absolute riot.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:45 PM   #91
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm getting to old for this ****.
See!! He took you all the way back to Lethal Weapon. Glad I'm not the only one!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #92
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTHENTICNFLNBA
What people fail to realize is that, just because EA has the exclusive licensing agreement ( not even a full year left on it before it's time to sit down at the table ) that doesn't mean 2K SPORTS can't gather ASSETS or even DEVELOP an NFL game from the inside!! Do you guys understand how long it takes to HIRE developers for a sports game? Do you guys even REALIZE on this forum how long they've been working closely with the NFL? Saber interactive is not known for making WWE games.. Which means they've been working behind close doors BEFORE Take Two announced it right? Did WWE CORPORATIONS come out and announce this partnership with 2K? NOOOO!! The NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND THE NFLPA acknowledged both ends of the spectrum AND EA SPORTS came for their necks shortly after!!! You guys can not be that BLIND to not see what has transpired here.. Being optimistic is an UNDERSTATEMENT when you know for a fact that 2K SPORTS have been shopping for DEVELOPERS since 2013!!! Oh, let me guess, y'all didn't see nor hear about EA 2020 DRAFT SHOW on ESPN being stuck in limbo over contract obligations right? Can't blame it on the epidemic... It's the silent partnerships that we'll present themselves in the not so distant future is what really happened! Why would Lamar leak the cover for 21 after being grilled with NDA contracts? Those relationships have failed... Y'all sleep!! We are getting a full fledged football game whether it's APF or something else and that's a FACT!!! TAKE TWO and 2K SPORTS plays big!! Their money is longer than it was in 2005! EA SPORTS will share the market come 2021 and that's a FACT.. Go buy a share or two before it's too late..

Now that we got the news that EA and the NFL will be renewing their deal. Effectively killing off your conspiracy of the return of 2k football.

I'm sure we all wanted that, but it's not happening and we pretty much all saw it coming. hopefully, you humble yourself in the future.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #93
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lon515
Now that we got the news that EA and the NFL will be renewing their deal. Effectively killing off your conspiracy of the return of 2k football.
Nothing he said or has been saying was "effectively killed off" other than the possibility of a full fledged "NFL 2k" game and that's assuming owners approve the NFL/EA extension next week.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #94
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

We are still getting NFL 2K games. This doesn't nullify that.

I'm sure 2K are gonna find a way to make these NFL games fun and not make all of us say they suck. There is a lot you can do to make a game "arcade" while still keeping sim elements. Just look at Super Mega Baseball.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #95
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
We are still getting NFL 2K games. This doesn't nullify that.

I'm sure 2K are gonna find a way to make these NFL games fun and not make all of us say they suck. There is a lot you can do to make a game "arcade" while still keeping sim elements. Just look at Super Mega Baseball.
I'm hopeful that there is a glimmer of hope that is still true. We'll see in another 15 or 16 months where they end up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2020, 10:10 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

After finally getting around to checking out what Super Mega Baseball really is, I would love a game like SMB3 if that is the furthest 2k could go. I'm not a baseball fan like that, so I don't follow any of the baseball games. But, after checking out parts of videos where it showed its gameplay and franchise mode, I came away impressed. It has the "Arcade" theme with the body types and generic fictional rosters and teams. But the gameplay doesn't come off as over the top arcadey and has a realistic type of franchise mode.
I would take a game like that where it has the real players(since it has the NFLPA license) with arcade-like bodies but with realistic gameplay and animation with the occasional arcade situations. Then to have realistic style of Franchise mode, just not simulating a NFL-esque season. A Franchise mode that has progression/regression, scouting, Free Agency, Developing players, a Non-NFL style Draft, and gameplanning. If it can have high level of customization, it would be a win. I would definitely take a 2k style Super Mega Baseball 3 football game. If they could have realistic 11 on 11 gameplay and immersive Franchise mode, I would buy.

I would imagine 2k releasing what ever its releasing before Madden in order not to openly compete with it. So, I can imagine it releasing within 14-15 months. Do you all think we could possibly hear something about it during the Summer Game Fest or will they wait until 4-6 months before release to start hyping it up? Part of me hopes that since it is a new IP, that 2k at least shows an official logo and brief description during its summer game fest event. But, I can see a scenario where they wait until after Super Bowl to start revealing all info on game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »