Home

Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

This is a discussion on Its NFL Playgrounds, right? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2020, 02:17 AM   #97
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

an updated "blitz the league" type game would be awesome
Old 05-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #98
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
an updated "blitz the league" type game would be awesome
Definitely.

I always wondered why those medium tier companies stopped developing those fictional sports games in general. I fully understand as we progress in technology, the cost of development rises, investment issues, manpower/resources issues, and overall sale projection worries especially when compared to pro counterparts. But I feel there is definitely a market for more "non-sim" or fictional simulation games. Especially football. I would definitely take a Blitz The League 3 from Midway.

There is definitely a market for non-Madden football games. The problem with Indie titles is lack of resources, marketing, and overall perception of indie sports titles. 2k has the brand recognition now that they won't have the same issues other lower tier companies would have. They have the resources and marketability to build a quality title and be able to mass market it. As long as it isn't just a mobile title(100% believe they will have one) and not a NFL Playgrounds, I'll support whatever 2k does with their football game. My main issue with a NFL Playgrounds is that it would be a "fun" pick up and play game, but those type of games don't have much replay ability after the first month.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #99
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Even as an arcade title if the game has the NFL license then a large percentage of the crazy stuff in Blitz wouldn't be allowed in the game. I mean Madden can't even have concussions and holdouts.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Even as an arcade title if the game has the NFL license then a large percentage of the crazy stuff in Blitz wouldn't be allowed in the game. I mean Madden can't even have concussions and holdouts.
Yeah thats why I said in my post, I would take a new Blitz The League from Midway. NFL would want no parts of anything that tarnishes the brand. Hell, thats the main way EA could lose the license if they do something controversial like that. The whole Madden Bowl and overall buggy/glitchy gameplay doesn't matter to NFL. As long as EA maintains status quo and follows their rules, NFL will keep extending license.

But yeah thats why I said I would take something like Super Mega Baseball. If the compromise is going to be body types and "arcadey" atmosphere, I would take a SMB-football game if it gives us good gameplay and immersive franchise mode.

I know 2k has the brand recognition and there is a large anti-Madden crowd that would take anything else. But I don't really think a NFL Playgrounds would be the best option. Yeah the 2k Sports brand would help it sell well enough, but those are more family-friendly games that are good for about a month or so. I honestly feel 2k's approach on the console game will dictate how they really feel towards Football gaming market. If they just come out with a Mobile card game and a NFL Playgrounds, then it feels like it is just a way to get share of Football market and cash grab for both NFL and 2k. But if they put out a quality console game that hardcore fans can gravitate too, then they are taking it serious
Old 05-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #101
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTHENTICNFLNBA
Ban me! I'm out!!
SMH you got your wish. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from ya. Oh well, twas fun brother. Enjoyed your posts though some found them abrasive lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #102
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
We are still getting NFL 2K games. This doesn't nullify that.

I'm sure 2K are gonna find a way to make these NFL games fun and not make all of us say they suck. There is a lot you can do to make a game "arcade" while still keeping sim elements. Just look at Super Mega Baseball.
If it's anything close to Super Mega Baseball then it will be a gem...because at the core of that "arcade" game is some of the best fundamental baseball that you will see. Here's hoping...
Old 06-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #103
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
If it's anything close to Super Mega Baseball then it will be a gem...because at the core of that "arcade" game is some of the best fundamental baseball that you will see. Here's hoping...
Yeah after watching videos on SMB3, I would definitely take some thing like that. Like you said, in the arcade game it has a lot of sim elements. The game play doesn't seem over the top and it has an immersive franchise. It doesn't follow the "traditional MLB" season. If 2k could have the "Arcade" football game that has core 11 on 11 gameplay with APF elements to go along with a franchise mode that has it's own take on progression/regression and team building elements, I would take it. Even the full generic teams and players. But with NFL and NFLPA license, they could have real teams and players.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its going to be like NBA Jam. 3 on 3/4 on 4 style football imo.
You want max speed? Here, purchase these Nike Cleats. You want max passing strength? Heres an Under Armour arm sleeve for your QB. Want to cover the wide receiver better? Heres some Adidas gloves to improve swatting at passes. Oh, btw, these cost a lot of money, you want them, pay up. If not, get ready to lose in PVP.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »