Home

This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone!

This is a discussion on This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2022, 02:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I played 2K8 longer than I play most sports games. What they made was a great base to build on. And if 2K23 is nothing more than that, but with current NFL stars, I’ll be happy as heck.

I’m in the same boat, I’ve probably spent more time playing APF than any other game of all time, considering how bare bones it was off the field that’s a testament how well the game played on the field, coupling that with the online play and leagues when the servers were active, APF was my go to football game for 5 straight years.

I have zero expectations on what 2K has planned, will be a little more intrigued if Visual Concepts is developing it, and ecstatic if it happens to be an APF 2K8 with active NFL players instead of Legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2022, 03:20 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

My buddy and I used to spend some Sundays watching football and just playing APF head to head online against each other the entire day.

It was great. We tried so many different team compositions, it never got old. My personal favorite matchups were when we would have one team with all 11 legends on defense versus a team with all 11 legends on offense. Those matchups always came down to the last possession.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-18-2022, 03:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
My buddy and I used to spend some Sundays watching football and just playing APF head to head online against each other the entire day.

It was great. We tried so many different team compositions, it never got old. My personal favorite matchups were when we would have one team with all 11 legends on defense versus a team with all 11 legends on offense. Those matchups always came down to the last possession.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was in online league on PS3 that replicated the NFL, and we went through about 50 seasons over the course of 4-5 years with people changing teams each season and such, every 5th season we would do a fantasy draft, it was a lot of fun.

Old 04-18-2022, 07:12 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I played 2K8 longer than I play most sports games. What they made was a great base to build on. And if 2K23 is nothing more than that, but with current NFL stars, I’ll be happy as heck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
I’m in the same boat, I’ve probably spent more time playing APF than any other game of all time, considering how bare bones it was off the field that’s a testament how well the game played on the field, coupling that with the online play and leagues when the servers were active, APF was my go to football game for 5 straight years.

I have zero expectations on what 2K has planned, will be a little more intrigued if Visual Concepts is developing it, and ecstatic if it happens to be an APF 2K8 with active NFL players instead of Legends.

Definitely agree

Haven't played in a couple years. But APF was a game that I could start up a season every once in a while. From a gameplay perspective, it satisfies that need. It's just the bareboned enough to not retain me. But, what I really liked about APF, is that you don't need a Speed Burner to be dominant. I liked being a Pocket Passer. If you have a QB with Rocket Arm, Laser Accuracy, and Quick Release, you can carve up any defense. You don't need a WR or DB with Speed Burner if they have key abilities.

I have no expectations at all about whatever 2k is releasing. Until we know the title and/or the development team, it is a waste of time speculating. We know NFL wants it out prior to the NFL season, so we're in the reveal window. It's seems unlikely at the draft. But I can't see it getting pass June without hearing something if it is getting released assuming it is around July-August. I just see them wanting to avoid the Madden release window by at least 2-3 weeks to get their own spotlight
Old 04-20-2022, 11:18 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
I was in online league on PS3 that replicated the NFL, and we went through about 50 seasons over the course of 4-5 years with people changing teams each season and such, every 5th season we would do a fantasy draft, it was a lot of fun.

The group I played with would hold offline drafts each season, which got more fun as we got to know the players, and who the other guys wanted in the draft. Then folks started coming up with different draft strategies, and it became as much fun as playing the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2022, 02:47 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Yea but that was because the gameplay was so good. In terms of the game modes they made it so it had little to no replay value. In a game not backed by NFL rosters they should have let users run wild. Who's idea was it make the franchise a one and done?
Old 04-23-2022, 12:22 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 14

Pretty sure it's going to be a mobile only game.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
They messed up so bad with that game. They did the exact opposite of what they were supposed to do. They made it so you could only have the limited amount of star players they allowed you to have and only let you play for one season in franchise mode. That game should have been heavily customizable with all the options open for the user. If you feel like having a full gold star team go wild. If you want to run a franchise for 100 years go wild. It's like they wanted it to have the least amount of replay value possible smh.
not having a franchise mode is the only issue I had with this game.

the starred system is probably the best system ever created for roster creation/management. It's like a salary cap that creates parity.
This tiered system still has so much potential in a franchise mode. Imagine including a cap-based tiered system along with dollar amounts.

Id be happy if they made another APF with a franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »