Home

Game doesnt have as much DEPTH as I initially thought...

This is a discussion on Game doesnt have as much DEPTH as I initially thought... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #17
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Game doesnt have as much DEPTH as I initially thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I told Jay to stop buying those 400 dollar E-Machines from Office Max.....
$400 BEFORE the rebate...
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Well BK, I beg to differ. I've been accused of not doing enough research on this product to realize that a certain spec video card was necessary to run it. The specs aren't even on the box and the guy at EB said it would run fine. But you are right they AREN"T EA's problems-EA could give a sh*t whether or not my problems are worked out. Does my performance have anything to do with my inability to get online? I'll never know, because the email I sent to EA Saturday about my online problems has yet to be addressed, other than by a form email stating they'll reply to me about my problem within 24 HOURS. That's unacceptable, I don't care how much you enjoy this game. My other main problem with this game is the clunky interface and the difficulty in subbing players. That's not enough?
Performance problems very well maybe an issue on your side. Could be a driver issue, could be a config issue, could be an OS issue, could be one of many issues on your PC, no matter what card you have.

As far as the interface, that's a design issue, and while it's poorly implemented it's not really a bug. But I do agree with your complaints, the interface is poor.

Getting online, could be an EA issue, or again it could be an issue local to your machine. Network connectivity could point to one of several problems, not only with the app, but with your configuration at home.

As far as them not getting back to you, I agree with you, customer support seems to be a thing of the past for a lot of these companies. However, I usually try to contact them directly by phone, as it always seems to be a higher priority dealing with someone live than it does by email with these companies.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I told Jay to stop buying those 400 dollar E-Machines from Office Max.....
The CPU I'm using right now is a Compaq (2.0 GHZ, 512 megs RAM,60 gig harddrive). My CPU has yet to be hooked up at my new location. I bought it less than a year ago from a computer store. It has the newer Pentium processor, 3.1 Ghz, 512 megs of ram with a 120 gig harddrive, but the video card is not high end.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

As far as them not getting back to you, I agree with you, customer support seems to be a thing of the past for a lot of these companies. However, I usually try to contact them directly by phone, as it always seems to be a higher priority dealing with someone live than it does by email with these companies.
I hear you BK-I'm maybe over complaining a bit, but they should be in touch with me by now. I didn't notice a phone number for them.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
The CPU I'm using right now is a Compaq (2.0 GHZ, 512 megs RAM,60 gig harddrive). My CPU has yet to be hooked up at my new location. I bought it less than a year ago from a computer store. It has the newer Pentium processor, 3.1 Ghz, 512 megs of ram with a 120 gig harddrive, but the video card is not high end.
512 MB of ram is low. That very well may cause probs. Those Compaq machines, especially if you are using it as it's configured out of the box, usually come with a bunch of proprietary software that have a lot of overhead on the box also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I hear you BK-I'm maybe over complaining a bit, but they should be in touch with me by now. I didn't notice a phone number for them.
Yeah, that's a trend I am noticing. A lot of these companies are making their tech. support phone #'s much more difficult to find.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I think the video card is probably more of an issue than your ram on your motherboard in this instance. As far as the specs go, they are listed on the bottom of the box, at least they are on my box.

Seriously though if anyone wants to continue to game on thier computers and be able to run the latest and upcomming games at a good framerate, etc youre probably looking at either the P4 2.8 GHZ+ or in AMD the 64 dual 2.0 GH+ as far as ram goes...at least 1 gig..2 if you can do it but 1 would be great..and on the video card the 128 meg video card's days are over, 256+ is the way to go...and for the love of god if you buy a computer with an integrated video card you probablly shouldnt be gaming on it until you buy a better card that will go into your AGP slot or your PCI-Express slot (if your machine has one).
Old 06-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Unfortunately, I am finding the game to start to wear thin on me, and entirely too soon..

Initially, I was really into the micro management, off-field, aspects of the NFL, but after literally spending hours navigating menus, just to sign and scout players, it seems that my efforts are being improperly utilized given the relation to the amount of time it takes to complete the basic tasks. I've logged six hours in my Cardinals career, and I'm not even at the draft yet. This might not be a bad thing, but to me, it makes me question whether I am truly enjoying the game, or just wasting my time and droning onwards simply because I'm used to it by now.

I do enjoy the game, and think it has many well done aspects. It's a refreshing change from Madden, and I love the on-field coaching approach. However, the focus of the game is clearly more on the off-season/off-field tasks, and I find them extremely time consuming and clunky to achieve. This is partly due to my own likes in regards to gaming, but I also credit part of it to the game's clunky interface.

A few days ago I had lots of praise for the game, but as I've been playing it I am starting to realize that I am "floating" and not enjoying it nearly as much as I had initially. I go through the motions of completing the various tasks, but ultimately I don't care about the results.

The game definitely needs a trade block, seeing that the focus is on management. That is likely my biggest gripe, as it causes offering trades to be a total crapshoot in terms of finding a good deal that helps both parties.

To be fair, I am not into gaming nearly as much as I used to be, and this likely has a huge influence on my feelings towards the game. Since I game less, I imagine I like to get the most out of the time I do spent gaming, and in Head Coach, that is not reality. Spending six hours of game time to get through coaches, free agents, and some draft scouting might be acceptable and valid, but to me I find it discouraging and overly cumbersome.

I feel very similar to this. I'm in the week between my second and third preseason game, and I'm just not sure if I really like the game enough to see it through even one full season. I definitely am finding the practice tasks to be extremely repetitive (not to mention extremely time consuming), and when it comes down to it, if you just let your coordinators pick your plays you really do very little to influence the action. Yeah, I can "coach 'em up" on how I would like the play run, and choose one of the 2 motivation phrases, but this just isn't floating my boat like I had hoped it might. I'm hoping that once I get into the regular season my feelings change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »