Home

*** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

This is a discussion on *** Salary Bug and Workaround *** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #57
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: *** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

bump

btw why is this not stickied??
Old 09-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes, it should be kept at the top. Very important until the patch is out.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #59
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonb10
Yes, it should be kept at the top. Very important until the patch is out.
I rarely see mods in this forum. Maybe we should pm TJ or CB for a sticky?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #60
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Would any of the coaching clipboard settings have an effect on this workaround working properly? I put all of mine to notify only (none delegated excepts for the ones that cannot change).

The reason I ask is that I still have trouble saving during all of the "correct" times. It works when I start during the offseason but after a restart, offseason with the Chiefs (updated rosters), I am on Monday JUST after creating the career and am afraid to save because I'm scared it wont work! When should I save during this week 1 of the preseason (10 days until Bears game). Friday night right? Does that mean 5pm? 7pm? 11pm?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #61
Rookie

CurlyJefferson's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Would any of the coaching clipboard settings have an effect on this workaround working properly? I put all of mine to notify only (none delegated excepts for the ones that cannot change).

The reason I ask is that I still have trouble saving during all of the "correct" times. It works when I start during the offseason but after a restart, offseason with the Chiefs (updated rosters), I am on Monday JUST after creating the career and am afraid to save because I'm scared it wont work! When should I save during this week 1 of the preseason (10 days until Bears game). Friday night right? Does that mean 5pm? 7pm? 11pm?
The way I understand it, whenever you load a game (no matter when you saved it), it makes it so players ask for ridiculous salaries, and it stays this way until the following Tuesday, at which point everything goes back to normal. So saving on a Friday doesn't mean the salary bug won't occur. It just means it won't really affect you unless you really wanted to sign a free agent between then and Tuesday. The reason for doing it on a Friday is that the week's events have already occurred. If someone got hurt in practice you already had the opportunity to sign someone else. And if a player on your team wanted to negotiate an extension, he already asked you about it (they don't ask you on the weekends). So don't be alarmed when you load your game and look at the free agents and they want ridiculous money. That is always going to happen. It'll all go back to normal once you get to Tuesday.

To sum all that up, saving on a Friday doesn't prevent the salary bug. It just minimizes the effects of it. Just don't sign anybody between the time you load and Tuesday, and you'll be fine.

(And if I got any of that wrong, someone please correct me.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyJefferson
The way I understand it, whenever you load a game (no matter when you saved it), it makes it so players ask for ridiculous salaries, and it stays this way until the following Tuesday, at which point everything goes back to normal. So saving on a Friday doesn't mean the salary bug won't occur. It just means it won't really affect you unless you really wanted to sign a free agent between then and Tuesday. The reason for doing it on a Friday is that the week's events have already occurred. If someone got hurt in practice you already had the opportunity to sign someone else. And if a player on your team wanted to negotiate an extension, he already asked you about it (they don't ask you on the weekends). So don't be alarmed when you load your game and look at the free agents and they want ridiculous money. That is always going to happen. It'll all go back to normal once you get to Tuesday.

To sum all that up, saving on a Friday doesn't prevent the salary bug. It just minimizes the effects of it. Just don't sign anybody between the time you load and Tuesday, and you'll be fine.

(And if I got any of that wrong, someone please correct me.)
Actually, you are wrong on that one. I don't have the time right now to find the post (have to run off to class in ten minutes), but Josh (or was it Bekins?) wrote that the best way to avoid the bug is to save on Friday or right before or after a game. The worst time and the one they found the most errors with was Tuesdays. The issue isn't actually with the save, but a loading error. As you correctly surmised, waiting through a week does cause it to go away. I've actually never run into the bug myself, but I've walked my cousin through it a few times now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »