Home

*** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

This is a discussion on *** Salary Bug and Workaround *** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3
Icon4 *** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

I've confirmed the salary bug, and have come up with a workaround.

I'd like to say thanks for everyone's patience on all of the issues we've had so far. This bug sucks, and the bottom line is that we have no excuse for it.

=== The bug ===

After loading a career, free agents and players with expiring contracts will request huge salaries.

=== The cause ===

Some statistical data is failing to initialize properly after loading a career.

=== The workaround ===

The easiest rule of thumb is to always save on Friday night. The bad data will be correctly recalculated in time for the next round of signings.

The following are also safe, with noted exceptions (for the exceptions, save your game on Friday night):

* Immediately before and/or after your game, unless it's a Thursday game.
* Saturdays and Sundays, except in preseason week 4 (uggh).

During the off season, it is always safe to save on Saturday and/or Sunday and this will solve all issues.

During the season, this will solve all re-signing issues and 99% of free agency issues.

=== Notes ===

A good rule of thumb is to save when the "Game Reminder" comes up before your game, and/or when the "Box Score" comes up after your game. The only exception to this is Thursday games.

Don't use autosave. It unfortunately saves on Tuesday morning, which is the worst time to save in regards to this bug.

The issue is loading, not saving. If you save in the middle of the week, don't worry. Just play on until the weekend and save again.

I take full responsibility for this bug. It's unacceptable. I hope that the workaround is not too hard to keep in mind and is sufficient to keep the game fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: *** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

Question....

So if I'm in week 4 of my season and havent been paying attention to when I save....I have this bug?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Rookie

So to sum up, it's okay to save:

During the season:
Right before or after a game
Saturday/Sunday ingame

During the offseason:
Saturday/Sunday

Anything else might cause a bug...is that correct? Also, how do we tell if we have it? What range are the exorbitant salary requests? I ask because I just started my first HC career and just saved sometime in Week 2 (dunno when), so I haven't seen anyone ask for a new contract or anything yet, unless that's something we have to do ourselves.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Pro

Thanks for the info Dan. So if I am reading this right the easiest thing is to:

Off season: Save on Saturday or Sunday.
Pre season, Regular Season, Post season: Save on Friday.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
Question....

So if I'm in week 4 of my season and havent been paying attention to when I save....I have this bug?
If you haven't noticed anything odd you're fine.

The good news is that the bug isn't permanent. It goes away as soon as you get to the weekend after loading your game.

The bad news is for those that have already entered re-signing negotiations with a player who is requesting a huge salary. There is no way to fix this once it happens, so you may need to release the player and try to get him back during free agency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Thanks for the info Dan. So if I am reading this right the easiest thing is to:

Off season: Save on Saturday or Sunday.
Pre season, Regular Season, Post season: Save on Friday.
Correct.

I know it's a bit awkward to save on Friday. Don't worry if you miss this and have to save on Saturday/Sunday *unless* it's preseason week 4. The end of the preseason is special, so best to get in the habit of saving on Friday.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
If you haven't noticed anything odd you're fine.

The good news is that the bug isn't permanent. It goes away as soon as you get to the weekend after loading your game.

The bad news is for those that have already entered re-signing negotiations with a player who is requesting a huge salary. There is no way to fix this once it happens, so you may need to release the player and try to get him back during free agency.

That's good to hear for those of us who haven't entered negotiations...I guess another workaround would be don't turn off your console until you've got everyone you're negotiating with signed, but I have no clue how long that takes :P
Old 08-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Pro

Thanks a lot for getting us this workaround. I know you guys are spending a lot of time combing through these forums and looking into issues. And I know this time is not just work hours but your own time. It is definitely appreciated.

Mods, we need to sticky this thread as well as the thread on the injury bug, http://www.operationsports.com/forum...orkaround.html

The easier these workarounds are for new people to see the cleaner we can keep our forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »