Home

*** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

This is a discussion on *** Salary Bug and Workaround *** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: *** Salary Bug and Workaround ***

Quick question for ya Dan.

Let's say I start in the off-season, instead of the pre-season after I create my new Head Coach, do I still have to stick to the Friday saving schedule during the 18 days BEFORE free-agency? Or can I save and exit whenever I went during that period?

I was under the impression that it was fine before the first free-agency period kicks in (if you decide to start in the 2008 off-season).

Am I correct to assume this, or should I just scrap my save game now and re-start?

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

Can anyone come up with a more concrete list of when to save during what part of the year. Like I said it seems Monday night is the best time to save in the preseason since the contracts appear to reset at midnight. Does this carry over to the regular season and offseason as well? Or do I save on Sundays in the regular season?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

I asked on the first page and Dan said this is the schedule:

Off season: Save on Saturday or Sunday.
Pre season, Regular Season, Post season: Save on Friday.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Saving on Friday in the preseason makes no sense to me though. That still leaves Saturday (I think deals come in on Saturdays too, but not 100%) and Monday till it resets.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 24

thanks, i already save on gamedays anyways so no problems here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Saving on Friday in the preseason makes no sense to me though. That still leaves Saturday (I think deals come in on Saturdays too, but not 100%) and Monday till it resets.
Well in the original post, he said that the end of the pre season is the reason you need to save on fridays. Something at the end of week 4 of the preseason won't allow you to save or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #23
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Hmm, I saved on Friday and reloaded and the FA's had the huge contracts. Its Monday now but they never reset, they are still asking for huge contracts.

edit: Ok, it reset on Tuesday. I'm in the preseason, what day should I save? Monday right before midnight?
Unfortunately it's a bit tricky. I went back and forth on how detailed to get in the original post. After it got really long I decided to start with a straightforward fix that will solve the majority of issues.

The 100% fix during the season is to check what day is the last day of games that week and save that night. Most weeks it's Monday, but some weeks it's Sunday and one week it's Friday.

Like in the original post, saving on Friday will solve all re-signing issues because re-signings don't occur on Mondays.

It will solve 99% of the free agent issues, since teams will likely just skip over the Monday free agents if they cost $10 M a year. If you are interested in any of those free agents, you can still manually enter negotiations on Tuesday and it should be fine.

Unfortunately, saving on Monday can be really dangerous if you accidentally do it during preseason week 4. It's definitely safer to stick with the Friday rule, then double-check on Monday night to make sure there is a game.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #24
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoricua
Quick question for ya Dan.

Let's say I start in the off-season, instead of the pre-season after I create my new Head Coach, do I still have to stick to the Friday saving schedule during the 18 days BEFORE free-agency? Or can I save and exit whenever I went during that period?

I was under the impression that it was fine before the first free-agency period kicks in (if you decide to start in the 2008 off-season).

Am I correct to assume this, or should I just scrap my save game now and re-start?

Thanks!
The bug won't come into play until free agency starts, so you are fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »