Home

What's up with Gary Hammermill?

This is a discussion on What's up with Gary Hammermill? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What's up with Gary Hammermill?

He has taken the Falcons to an amazing record so far at 10-3. He is a shoo-in for the play offs. I look forward to playing him in the super bowl in that franchise just because that is the one where I have mirrored every philosophy and am trying to get the same skills he has. My quarterback does not produce like his quarterback but with Vince Young he is 3rd in passing yards and 2nd in passing touchdowns so his style of play really does work. I have LeRon James who is leading the league in receiving right now which is pretty funny if you ask me. Followed by a 3rd place Michael Turner. Pretty crazy.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #34
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Let me guess Michael Turner is on the Saints... The Saints and Hammermil also have 1,000 yard recieving backs...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

No Turner is on the Falcons. I have noticed the Saints dominate the passing game with their running backs too. It is funny how these same patterns always go down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkscoot22
It is funny how these same patterns always go down.
I think it is more about the coaches and playbooks than the players... That is what I have noticed in almost every franchise...
Old 01-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
I think it is more about the coaches and playbooks than the players... That is what I have noticed in almost every franchise...
This

I have found that if you use the saints playbook it will have HBs with several catches, the chargers will have TEs with more catches, the steelers will have RBs with more inside rushing yards, ect ect. Someone started a thread on this earlier and I forgot to post that I agree with it because I have noticed how and what players produce change just from changing the playbook.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #38
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok so I made a coach with similiar attributes as Hammermill and the Michigan Spread as my playbook. The first season didn't go so well as I finished 8-8 with Sage Rosenfels at the helm. 2nd season I sign Chad Pennington to a two year deal. In the first two games, he had 9 TDs and 2 INTs. Then the Lions came a calling with a first round pick so I traded him. Drew Trumblee is now my starter and through 5 games he has 7 TDs and 4 picks. Not eye popping numbers but they get the job done. My running back is Jamel Keddington and he is doing a great job 476 yards, 8 TDs, and catching 36 passes for 531 yards and 7 TDs. They have led me to a 7-0 record. The real Hammermill is the coach of the Raiders. He has them at 3-4 with Joey Harrington as the QB. Harrington just broke the record for passing TDs in a game with 8, to go along with 565 yards, in a 56-49 win over the Ravens. He has 2283 yards, and 18 TDs through 7 games.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #39
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
Harrington just broke the record for passing TDs in a game with 8, to go along with 565 yards, in a 56-49 win over the Ravens. He has 2283 yards, and 18 TDs through 7 games.
Wow, the Ravens put up 49 points, who is their coach and QB???
Old 01-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #40
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward_1385
Wow, the Ravens put up 49 points, who is their coach and QB???
Haha, their coach is still John Harbaugh but their QB is Luke Rambis. He threw for 308 yards and 5 touchdowns in that game. Ray Rice had 22 carries for 207 yards and 2 touchdowns. Demetrius Williams had 10 catches for 114 yards and 4 touchdowns. Haloti Ngata had 2 sacks. It was a great team effort but they still lost because they allowed Joey Harrington to tear them apart with 545 yards and 8 touchdowns. The Ravens finished 4-12 and the Raiders finished 7-9

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »