Home

NHL 2K8 Editor (Snowdrift)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K8 Editor (Snowdrift) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #65
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 2K8 Editor (Snowdrift)

I ended up making 29 hardcoded Playmakers and 3 hardcoded 2-Way forwards, everything is good now and transferred properly with no errors. It's not like I've never done something time consuming with an NHL 2K game before lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 01:21 AM   #66
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Got some suggestions after getting everything up and running without issues.

First, will captaincies ever become something that can be edited in the editor? (some teams don't even have a captain and have all alternate captains, and some teams have more than 3 alternates)

Also, will PBP ever be something we can edit in the editor? For example, goaltender Fredrik Andersen for the Leafs has PBP matches for both his first and last names. but with slightly different spellings. do PBP numbers have to match the in-game name or is it something that's tied to something else? I feel like this could help more players be called by commentators.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:29 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
First, will captaincies ever become something that can be edited in the editor? (some teams don't even have a captain and have all alternate captains, and some teams have more than 3 alternates)
The game is simply set up to always require one captain and to permit no more than three alternates. That's hard coded into the game and unlikely to be editable by anything that snowdrift could do.
Quote:
Also, will PBP ever be something we can edit in the editor? For example, goaltender Fredrik Andersen for the Leafs has PBP matches for both his first and last names. but with slightly different spellings. do PBP numbers have to match the in-game name or is it something that's tied to something else? I feel like this could help more players be called by commentators.
If you're getting the Andersen thing from having used my roster, I did that on purpose because I couldn't care less how Andersen's name is spelled if it makes Bob Cole say "Anderson". Feel free to change it back to the proper spelling, if that's the case. I personally prefer it the other way and forgot to mention that in my roster post.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:07 AM   #68
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
The game is simply set up to always require one captain and to permit no more than three alternates. That's hard coded into the game and unlikely to be editable by anything that snowdrift could do.
If you're getting the Andersen thing from having used my roster, I did that on purpose because I couldn't care less how Andersen's name is spelled if it makes Bob Cole say "Anderson". Feel free to change it back to the proper spelling, if that's the case. I personally prefer it the other way and forgot to mention that in my roster post.
The PS2 NHL games were rigged in a different way (NHL 2K10 PS2 is set up so Roberto Luongo is a captain of the Canucks and NHL 2K6 PS2 had some teams with 4 or even 5 alternate captains) I get that this isn't PS2. But it's heavily derived from PS2 code.

Once I figured out spreadsheets I stopped using your rosters, sorry lol. But my idea in regards to PBP remains the same.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Once I figured out spreadsheets I stopped using your rosters, sorry lol. But my idea in regards to PBP remains the same.
Well, totally fine of course. They're not even really my rosters. Snowdrift doesn't have a 360 and I just helped him confirm some tests to expand the usability of his editor. Along the way, I added those uniforms and he in turn added his free agents to it.
Molifox has now given me his trade deadline take on these rosters which I'll release later.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #70
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Bug Report(?): Players lose any kind of accents such as ' or - upon conversion from Xbox 360 to PS3 saves. or even upon spreadsheet import.

Question mark because I'm not sure if this is intended behavior of the program or not, I'm having to correct everyone's overall and PBP in-game and some players like Ekman-Larsson are missing the - and such.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:40 PM   #71
MVP

Something I've noticed, probably not related to the editor but perhaps fixable by it?
If you go into any player and so much as change his jersey number, it rerates his overall. Usually cuts him down up to about 5 points. It also appears to mess up your lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #72
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Something I've noticed, probably not related to the editor but perhaps fixable by it?
If you go into any player and so much as change his jersey number, it rerates his overall. Usually cuts him down up to about 5 points. It also appears to mess up your lines.
Oh dammit, I better check Gibson on Anaheim then...He had a wrong jersey number and I didn't think his overall was any different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »