Home

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale

This is a discussion on Playstation All-Star Battle Royale within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 AM   #89
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Sounds like me in every fighting game!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #90
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
I'm primarily an Xboxer so I don't have many people on my list, anybody that is going to be playing regularly leave your PSN ID and I'll shoot you a request.
I play this quite a bit. PSN ID is Vodkamustache
Old 11-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Playstation All-Star Battle Royale

Just tried the Vita version that I got with Cross Buy for the first time. Blzer's right - absolute dead ringer for the PS3. About the only thing you can't do is copy a PS3 save file directly over to the Vita or vice versa. (although when you play online you'll have the same character ranks you had on the other system).

All of the features are there, from the online play to the trials and combo tutorials. They might have dropped the textures a bit, but on the smaller screen it's not something I'd even notice. It runs as butter smooth as it does on the PS3, too.

This is the first PS3/Vita game that truly shows off cross-compatibility - no question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
There is SP. I have not yet checked it out, but it's there. I'm going to save it for times when I'm out of the house with the Vita and can't connect online. Otherwise, I'll play online as long as I'm home.

Otherwise, you can do ranked matches online, unranked matches online, and versus at home. You probably set the parameters and everything (and can play against AI as well, which I have not yet tried... so I sure hope they're good, or at least have difficulty levels).
They do. On the Vita, just go to Versus and set up a wi-fi or ad-hoc game - even though you're not connecting to anyone you can fill the other slots with AI's by pressing right on the D-pad. And you change their difficulty level by highlighting the character and pressing triangle. The dots show the difficulty level, and the robot-looking icon beside each character changes to reflect the difficulty too.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #93
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
I play this quite a bit. PSN ID is Vodkamustache
I'll shoot you a request later on..entertaining the in-laws at the moment. The request will be coming from 'JRog1906'.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #94
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Picked up the Vita version and have been playing the offline arcade mode to familiarize myself with the game. Playing on the middle setting, legend I believe, and so far holding my own. Really fun game so far.

For those of you who have been online, is this like fighting games online where a noob, like myself, will just get totally destroyed? Or is this somewhat of a game where people such as myself can have fun and compete.

Like any game, practice helps and that's what I'm doing now but have a fear of being embarrassed online. Not sure at what point I will go online but I certainly will sometime down the road.

Anyone else out there like me who wants some friendly competition please add me and we'll have a go at it.

PSN: OPD188
Old 11-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #95
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Picked up the Vita version and have been playing the offline arcade mode to familiarize myself with the game. Playing on the middle setting, legend I believe, and so far holding my own. Really fun game so far.

For those of you who have been online, is this like fighting games online where a noob, like myself, will just get totally destroyed? Or is this somewhat of a game where people such as myself can have fun and compete.

Like any game, practice helps and that's what I'm doing now but have a fear of being embarrassed online. Not sure at what point I will go online but I certainly will sometime down the road.

Anyone else out there like me who wants some friendly competition please add me and we'll have a go at it.

I think you'd be fine, I run into both ends of the spectrum..guys who clearly have already mastered the game and those that have not. Go ahead and jump online and give it a try, my pattern for fighting games is usually go to practice mode, learn a few combos and then head online to see if they are practical against human opponents and then head back to practice as I see which moves are good for different situations. I've been playing a bit feel free to shoot me a request if you want to run a few or jump into some 2vs2 team battles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #96
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897

I'm glad you asked this because I was wondering the same thing. I'm really intersted in buying the game, although I rarely play this genre. The cross-buy with the Vita is what has me intrigued.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »