Home

Starfield

This is a discussion on Starfield within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2023, 12:45 AM   #41
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Starfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
It's going to be great. I love the comments on YouTube that suggest the game will be great ... once the developer fixes the bugs and modders improve the game. Probably a lot of truth in that.
*Looks at list for Bethesda game*
Comment checks out.

I was texting with a friend during the 45 minute showcase on Sunday, and we both kept repeating "this looks incredible".

It's a lot of hype to live up to, but I loved everything that I saw. Really looking forward to learning more about the story and some of the side factions that are hopefully in the game. Can we get a Dark Brotherhood in Space?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2023, 09:04 AM   #42
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Just bought a Series X for this game. I hope I don't end up hating myself. Lmao!
#WeAreND
Old 06-14-2023, 03:28 PM   #43

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Game will likely be amazing. In 2023 playing any game on Day 1 is hit or miss, let's be honest. There will be bugs and glitches. Skyrim dropped in questionable shape, but who even cares. These games are timeless.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:28 PM   #44
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

After watching the showcase I’m more hyped for the game. I see that a lot of people are upset about it only being 30fps on Xbox. For those who know more about that stuff is it really a big deal?
Old 06-14-2023, 09:24 PM   #45
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
After watching the showcase I’m more hyped for the game. I see that a lot of people are upset about it only being 30fps on Xbox. For those who know more about that stuff is it really a big deal?
Does it matter? Yes
Does it matter? No

I'm sure that there are much more knowledgeable people than me, but some people will say that they don't notice a difference between 30 & 60. Personally I can tell that something looks different (better) at 60 fps even without a side by side comparison, and with that side by side then it becomes much more pronounced. However, we have been playing console games at 30 fps for years without problem, and so my guess is that most people will ultimately be fine with 30 fps even if 60 fps is better.

At higher frames you get higher fidelity. This is present in both smoother action (less stuttering) as well as a more crisp and detailed image. So, if you have the option to then PC is going to offer the better experience, but I don't people will find the game unplayable on console if it reaches it's advertised 30 fps.

I think this video does a pretty good job at displaying the differences between the two. You can see how much more detail is in the 60fps pictures, and you don't see as much screen jumping like when the Overwatch player was moving his target around the screen or spells casting in Diablo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zquClG3j9so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2023, 03:00 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Does it matter? Yes
Does it matter? No

I'm sure that there are much more knowledgeable people than me, but some people will say that they don't notice a difference between 30 & 60. Personally I can tell that something looks different (better) at 60 fps even without a side by side comparison, and with that side by side then it becomes much more pronounced. However, we have been playing console games at 30 fps for years without problem, and so my guess is that most people will ultimately be fine with 30 fps even if 60 fps is better.

At higher frames you get higher fidelity. This is present in both smoother action (less stuttering) as well as a more crisp and detailed image. So, if you have the option to then PC is going to offer the better experience, but I don't people will find the game unplayable on console if it reaches it's advertised 30 fps.

I think this video does a pretty good job at displaying the differences between the two. You can see how much more detail is in the 60fps pictures, and you don't see as much screen jumping like when the Overwatch player was moving his target around the screen or spells casting in Diablo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zquClG3j9so
Great post. Will just add that you may have to set the video resolution/FPS manually to see the difference - if both sides of the side-by-side comparisons look identical you are not playing the video at 60 FPS.

I will say there's something to be said for the 30 FPS "cinematic" effect on a game like Battlefield (feeling like you're playing a war movie, that kind of thing), but I do find 60 FPS to be a better overall gameplay experience the majority of the time when it's possible. And I find it nearly essential for sports games especially. In this particular video I think the FPS difference stands out the most with Project Cars 2 due to all of the background flying by you as the car moves down the track.

Last edited by bcruise; 06-15-2023 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2023, 07:22 AM   #47
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

https://www.trustedreviews.com/expla...launch-4337498

Starfield minimum PC specs

• Operating System Windows 10 64-bit
  • Processor (Intel) Intel Core i7-6800K
  • Processor (AMD) AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  • Graphics (Nvidia) NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
  • Graphics (AMD) AMD Radeon RX 5700
  • Storage 125GB
  • RAM 16GB
  • Additional Notes SSD Required

Starfield recommended PC specs

• Operating System Windows 10 64-bit
  • Processor (Intel) Intel i5-10600K
  • Processor (AMD) AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Graphics (Nvidia) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
  • Graphics (AMD) AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
  • Storage 125GB
  • RAM 16GB
  • Additional Notes SSD Required

One of the features that sets it apart from No Man's Sky

Starfield – NEW Crew, Companions, & Romances Breakdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ZITJtJfSw

Last edited by Picci; 06-16-2023 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added new content link
Old 06-17-2023, 09:20 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
I'm so happy I can have Gamepass on my new TV, lol.

This Game could easily be a system seller. Everything I've seen and heard about it, wow.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Wait, what? This game will be on Gamepass??
Mother effer. Now I'm going to have to buy an XB1.
Thanks Trudeau!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »