Home

Starfield

This is a discussion on Starfield within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2023, 04:52 AM   #65
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Starfield

I didn't attend the Discord Q&A but there were many of you may find interesting during Will Shen (Lead Quest Designer) & Emil Pagliarulo (Lead Game Designer) reveal. Two in particular;

Will there be a jail system if we committed crimes?

Will: Yes, you can elect to go to jail or pay a fine when you’re arrested (or even resist arrest and try to escape).

Emil: Yup. The Settled Systems is more like Skyrim than Fallout 4’s Commonwealth in that regard. Ya bancha criminals! There’s civilization, there’s government, and there are laws. And in a couple cases, we actually explore the themes of crime and punishment in our futuristic universe.

Can you be a double agent in the game? For example, if you join the United Colonies, can you also join the Crimson Fleet and give the United Colonies information? And what factions have that feature if they do?

Will: All of the playable factions can be completed independently. The Crimson Fleet storyline does feature you being an undercover agent inside the Fleet on behalf of UC SysDef (a specific military branch of the United Colonies), but whether you betray the Fleet or UC SysDef is a choice you will get to make.

Emil: Ha! That is exactly what you can do – infiltrate the Crimson Fleet for UC SysDef! It's specific to that questline. In the studio, I have been (half-jokingly) accused of referencing movies that some folks have never seen, because I’m old. So with this particular plotline, the inspiration was very much the movie Donnie Brasco, which is the true story of an FBI agent who infiltrates the mafia. HOW FAR WILL YOU GO?! I don't really want to spoil anything, so all I'll say is, you have specific roles/jobs/missions in the faction questlines. The Freestar Collective and United Colonies are giant organizations, and the work you do for them is important. But it's not like you gain complete control of those factions at the end of those questlines. As for whether or not the UC will be violently angry with you if you ultimately take the Crimson Fleet's side, yeah, they ain't happy. lo

https://starfieldwiki.net/wiki/Starf...ellation_Q%26A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2023, 10:38 AM   #66
All Star

Bard's Arena

Leak came out this morning.

Terrible quality, but it's out in the Twit... X Platform.

Some cool things from it, but of course a dud was playing and recording, lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2023, 04:03 PM   #67
All Star

OVR: 8

New starfield "live action" trailer is out. Don't worry about any gameplay spoilers, just kind of a fun cinematic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3I6_9c58E
Old 08-25-2023, 03:51 PM   #68
All Star

OVR: 8

Bethesda has released the launch calendar for anyone with an early access edition.

It's midnight UTC on September 1, which for those of us on the east coast is actually 8pm on August 31

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3h1T...specs-and-more
Old 08-25-2023, 04:13 PM   #69
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

I don’t have an Xbox, but screw it. I’m buying game pass, a controller, and will stream on my MacBook. I can’t miss this one.
Old 08-26-2023, 12:11 PM   #70
MVP

Picci's Arena

Thus far, it's the first game I've pre-ordered in a very long time
Old 08-26-2023, 04:30 PM   #71
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Thus far, it's the first game I've pre-ordered in a very long time
Same. Don't play too many games non flight sim or sports games these days, but I always play the heck out of Bethesda single player rpgs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2023, 06:48 PM   #72
MVP

Picci's Arena

Just wondering, was anyone able to reserve the Constellation Edition? They're going like $400-$450 on ebay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »