Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2024, 09:55 AM   #24513

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Speaking of which, I think I "ruined" something for others once (in a weird way, I'll explain).

I would get e-mails from some site... I forget the name, Coupon Cabin maybe? Anyway, it would be something where you could get like $100 gift cards from Amazon or something of the sort, but you had to be the first to click on the deal right when it becomes active. I tried for a couple of weeks to be one to claim it, but always to be beat. It's one of those instantaneous things where you either luck out or you don't, so you're rapid-fire clicking the seconds before it becomes active and hope for the best.

Anyway, so I thought of something: I'll find software that turbo-clicks for my mouse when I hold down my click. I downloaded something and I was able to generate "1000 clicks per second," or something of the sort. So I tried that the next opportunity on the gift card offering. Apparently I clicked so much that if you get it, a pop-up window comes on the screen, and I got hundreds of them flying at the same time. There were so many that it pretty much crashed my computer, and I had to restart it. Since I never got to get into a part to enter my information, I basically probably stole all of the claims and then some.

They likely caught wind of the matter that one person was able to auto-generate and steal all of the claims, so they changed up their infrastructure the very next day. When I tried the same thing next time, if you click before the offer becomes active, a dialogue box appears that you have to "OK" and close out before clicking again, and it's in a different spot on the screen. It basically prevented somebody from doing what I did.

I'm not going to say I ruined it for everybody, but I absolutely changed it so nobody could do what I did anymore, and it changed the pre-time clicking game of it all.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, something unrelated to that, I love as a teacher when I forget to stamp/collect something, and then near the end of the period there is that one student that says: "Are you still going to collect this thing?" I go: "Oh yes, thanks for reminding me! Everyone, turn in blah blah assignment." Everyone else ends up ragging on that one student. It's hilarious! Heaven forbid they responsibly did the assignment and want to be acknowledged for it, shame on the rest for not getting it done.
I've done something similar before too.

During the pandemic since there were no games the Jays did virtual giveaways.

The website would have a form you have to fill out once the time came and the first X people would win the giveaway. To this day I won't admit (publicly) how I won, but let's say I won every single prize because I figured out how to "cheat the system" to get ahead of even the bots. They caught on by the final day of the giveaway so I didn't win that one since they changed the way that last one was posted, but everything else I got.

Speaking of the fast clicks, I've basically had to learn to do that during the pandemic too. They used to have vaccine appointments but you had to sign up at a specific day and time. But millions of others around the city are trying the link too at that same time and each location they had a limited number of timeslots. I found a way (without bots or any auto stuff) to get through fairly fast (within 10-20 mins tops maybe) compared to most who waited up to an hour if not longer online to get through.
Old 09-10-2024, 09:44 PM   #24514
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Publix, but not actually Publix. What grinds my gears at times are the customers. Publix employs mentally challenged and disabled people in my area to help bag groceries and other fulfilling tasks. Some customers get so impatient that it shows on their faces and through their actions that they don’t support what is going on there.

They cannot get out of their own heads enough to realize that the situation is beautiful when people with disabilities feel they are part of something bigger.
Old 09-11-2024, 01:27 AM   #24515
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Getting ID'd at the movie theaters for R-rated movies.

People are less likely to ask for my ID when I buy alcohol than they are for me to go see a R-rated movie, and I am old enough to see that movie 2 times over.

I don't blame the 18 year old at the ticket counter just doing his job. Just really grates me that theaters are compelled to do this, and it's to such a point that as an adult in my 30's I have to pull out my ID just to go watch a 2 hour movie.
Kinda odd. I've been ID'd for M rated video games in recent years, but I have never been carded for an R rated movie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2024, 02:11 AM   #24516
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I ****ing hate this passive aggresssive "humor" **** some people do.

Like "(insert person here) eats corn the long way" or whatever as some supposed insult.

I always see that style of "humor" all over. Is that supposed to be funny? Cuz it's ****ing DUMB.
Old 09-17-2024, 10:36 AM   #24517
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I ****ing hate this passive aggresssive "humor" **** some people do.

Like "(insert person here) eats corn the long way" or whatever as some supposed insult.

I always see that style of "humor" all over. Is that supposed to be funny? Cuz it's ****ing DUMB.
Matrix eats corn the long way.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

https://youtube.com/@nhbard?si=kOpLZu8evi-aFsnG
Old 09-17-2024, 06:32 PM   #24518
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Matrix eats corn the long way.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
No, he just eats it the wrong way. Like, one kernel at a time.

: |
Old 09-17-2024, 06:39 PM   #24519
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I eat it with ketchup.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-17-2024, 06:45 PM   #24520
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I eat it with ketchup.
Blzer thinks his corn on the cob is a corndog. He eats it with ketchup and mustard. At least he doesn't put kraut and chili on it.

: |

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »