Home

Customer service/retail workers: Post your favorite angry customer stories!

This is a discussion on Customer service/retail workers: Post your favorite angry customer stories! within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #81
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
We were giving a "Lunch and Learn" to the rest of our company to teach them what the interactive team (web and otherwise) does. We had to be careful not to use too advanced terms. It was scary how basic it was. Anything past "browser window" and people would not understand.

It makes me wonder how normal people use the actual internet and not injure themselves lol.
My boss was talking to his dad who was having trouble going online with Internet Explorer:

Boss: You can use Chrome.
Dad: What's that?
Boss: It's a browser.
Dad: What do you mean?
Boss: A browser like Internet Explorer.
Dad: I don't understand.

Some people just don't.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Customer service/retail workers: Post your favorite angry customer stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
It makes me wonder how normal people use the actual internet and not injure themselves lol.
If everybody knew how to use the internet, not screw up their computer, fix their own problems, a lot of IT people wouldn't have jobs. Not talking about a System Adminstrator or anything crtical like that but Joe Schmoe IT guy would definately be kicking himself in the nuts if there weren't users that needed assistance on at times the elementary things.

Nothing like job security to make one sleep a little better at night.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
If everybody knew how to use the internet, not screw up their computer, fix their own problems, a lot of IT people wouldn't have jobs. Not talking about a System Adminstrator or anything crtical like that but Joe Schmoe IT guy would definately be kicking himself in the nuts if there weren't users that needed assistance on at times the elementary things.

If society was smarter and everyone could work a computer, than I am sure technology would be advanced enough to where we'd have new jobs opening up, thus society and employment would both benefit.

― Plato
Old 11-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #84
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio

Oh yeah, I'm not complaining (it keeps me in my web programming job lol), but it's just mindblowing at times. Seemingly smart people just don't use logic at all.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

So...

I was at work today and I was on my way to the break room, to clock out for lunch. I stop and help a lady on my way, then turn to continue on. I got waved over to the side by an older man. I say, "yes sir ?" and he asked if I was called to help someone. I respond with, "No, but that heater tape (used to keep water pipes warm) is in one of my departments, I may be able to help.

He explains his dillema, so I start responding and the guy cuts me off rudely by saying ," no no no no.. that's not how the hell you fix it.. you may want to find me somebody who knows what the hell they're talking about and quit wasting my time". I look back at him and say, "Well.. If I understand correct, I've gave you the right answer and after all, that is in my department and I know a good bit about it." He fires back with, "No.. you don't know the first damn thing about it. You should stop being rude to me, because I know your' boss and let me tell you something, this isn't the only ****ing place I got to shop at.. there will be a Lowe's here soon).

I was starting to get a little aggravated and said, "Well, I'm not being rude, it seems to be the other way around and I can't help you any further if you're just going to keep cussing towards me like that".

So, my boss turns the corner and he walks up and the guy says, "Well.. since this smart *** can't answer my question, maybe you can".. my boss gives him the same damn answer and he looks back at me and says, "You know.. you're the third Auburn fan I've seen in this store and you're all rude as hell. You didn't want to help me, you just wanted to be a smart ***" He looks back at my boss and says, "Thank you David.. you have a good day and R**l T**e"..

I start to walk off and say "Thanks sir, you have a great day yourself"...

Which seemed to make him more mad.

I swear, I hate stupid people. I tried my best to be nice throughout the entire process and I could feel my face getting hot from anger, but I held back and didn't really say anything out of line. Dude was just being a complete dick because I had an Auburn hat on.. everyone who knows me at work, knows I'm great at helping customers and always friendly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #86
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

We close for pickup at 10pm. Delivery runs until 11pm or 1am on weekends. Lady calls at 10pm on the dot. She wants to pick up, I say nah we're closed. She's not in our delivery area, either. Sorry.

A minute or two later, a dude calls up. Same number.

Guy: I'm 3 minutes away, can I please come pick it up?
Me: No, sorry, nothing I can do.
Guy: Is this Steve (my general manager)?
Me: No.
Guy: He lets him do it.
Me: Well I can't.
Guy: So you want to lose business?
Me: No but we're closed.
Guy: Well, I'll be talking to your managers.
Me: Okay.
*click*

I love how people always go to that I'm going to talk to your manager spiel or you want to lose a customer/business. I don't care. I'm not going to go out of my way to beg you to get food from us, especially when we're closed already. Tough break homie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #87
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Even more annoying is when females put their man on the phone, as though just because he is a man, he is going to get a different answer. LOL

OR

When people say one of their relatives is a manager at a different location. I use to look at them and say and ?????? That is over there, not here where you currently are at.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah, I hate lists and husbands who send their wife in after everything, when they don't have a clue what they are looking for.

I hate when they just dial the husband's number and hand me the phone, without giving any sort of introduction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »