Home

Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Off-Topic within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2020, 12:30 AM   #97
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Defending champs in each league:
Nats (never won before)
Blues (never won before)
Raptors (never won before)
Chiefs (last won 50 years ago)

Now that's something.
Based on my quick count, over the past 5 years there's been 17 teams across the 4 major sports (pro and college) that have ended championship droughts of at least 30 years.

Spoiler
Old 02-04-2020, 02:10 AM   #98
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Changing gears from the pop tart discussion, they're bringing back Dunkaroos.

We all know the best part. Once you finish the cookies and still have some frosting left in the pack and just use your finger to scoop it out.

I always saved the D cookie(to me it seemed like a basketball) for last.

Part of me thought it still existed. I wonder what else I remember from the 90s still exists today or was brought back. Sunny D? Fruit by the foot/rollups? Warheads? Ring pops? Those fun dip sticks?
The dunkaroo thing reminded me of toaster strudels, which I think are still a thing, and I was the guy that would squeeze the goop into one central spot and eat around it, then devour that one final spot with all the frosting
Old 02-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #99
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Defending champs in each league:Nats (never won before)
Blues (never won before)
Raptors (never won before)
Chiefs (last won 50 years ago)

Now that's something.
now it will be something if any of these 4 repeat lol

A Work in Progress
Old 02-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #100
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Somehow my friend and I got on the subject of "quirky games." Basically, games that you wouldn't expect to get made today for one reason or another.

The one that popped into my head immediately was Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 simply because you could fight as (or against) President Bill Clinton and First Lady Hillary Clinton. Not to mention Michael Jackson (King of Pop) and Shaq.

I'm sure everyone had to agree for use of their likeness, but I really can't imagine playing a boxing game with the current President as a fighter and it being OK'd by him as well. Not to mention the inclusion of the First Lady.

What other games can you guys think of that most likely would not be made today?

Old 02-05-2020, 04:29 PM   #101
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
This reminds me of an experience I had about a year ago. We have a pretty big canyon system where I live. So I frequently go hiking with my kids there. It's normally very peaceful and fun.

Well one Saturday me and my 4 kids (aged 5, 7, 10, and 12 at the time) went on a hike in an area I don't normally go so I didn't know it very well. So we start and we are just kind of meandering around heading Northeast. We are basically right in the middle of the trail when we start to hear some dude randomly yelling in Spanish. Basically cursing I we and over.

At first I did t think much of it because it was pretty far off. But as we kept walking it was getting closer. But it was really hard to tell where it was coming from. And I couldn't spot the dude anywhere. But he just kept telling every 15 sec or so.

By this time I'm trying to play it cool because I could tell my kids were starting to get freaked out. Figured if Dad was calm it would rub off. But inside I was planning on what to dude if there was an encounter.

Finally it felt like this dude was right on top of us but I still couldn't see him. I didn't want to stop on the trail because it was pretty narrow and it would have forced an encounter. Luckily there was a drop off the main trail to a dry creek. So we went down there, picked up are speed a bit, then I had my kids hide behind some bushes.

This was the moment of truth. We were down about 15 feet off the main trail and there were some trees separating us. But if the guy looked he'd see us. I not kidding guys. I had already planned out how to kill this guy if he came after my kids. I was so hyper focused and it scares me how easy it was to come to that decision. I didn't even have a second thought at all. I had my back pack with my big hydro flask ready to swing at him and then I was going to take him out anyway possible.

Thank god dude just kept walking. We waited a bit and then backtracked out of the canyon. Really rattled my kids for a few days and myself because of what I was prepared to do. Obviously dude had some serious mental health issues. But ya that was a scary scenario.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
My sister had a similar situation last summer. Her and her family live on an Air Force base and my BIL was deployed so it was just her and her four kids (a 12-year-old, 10-year-old and twin two year olds).

To make a long story short, they just got back from the grocery store and she heard the door open and close. She thought maybe one of the kids went outside, then the 10-year old said: "Mom, there's a man standing in our kitchen". She went in and there stood a bloody drunk guy leaning on their kitchen counter. She told the two bigger kids to grab the twins and go upstairs.

Once they were gone she confronted him and asked him to leave. He was mainly just incoherent and mumbling but after 5-10 minutes, he eventually went out of their backdoor and stayed in their backyard until the police arrived. Apparently, he was trying to get into other apartments as well and the reason he was bloody was because he had gotten attacked by a dog in one of their neighbor's backyards so the police had already been called.

Ultimately, it was just a little excitement and good scare but could have been much worse.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #102

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Somehow my friend and I got on the subject of "quirky games." Basically, games that you wouldn't expect to get made today for one reason or another.

The one that popped into my head immediately was Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 simply because you could fight as (or against) President Bill Clinton and First Lady Hillary Clinton. Not to mention Michael Jackson (King of Pop) and Shaq.

I'm sure everyone had to agree for use of their likeness, but I really can't imagine playing a boxing game with the current President as a fighter and it being OK'd by him as well. Not to mention the inclusion of the First Lady.

What other games can you guys think of that most likely would not be made today?
PETA would be up in arms about Hungry Hungry Hippo.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:11 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils

Custer's Revenge

A Work in Progress
Old 02-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #104

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Duck Hunt? Lol. I mean people are so serious about guns that I doubt they'd allow a Zapper now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »