Home

Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness

This is a discussion on Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #25
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I know that some people probably hate it in real life and might hate it in the game too, but I'll say it again, the Transfer Portal adds such an incredible extra dimension to the game.

I lost 4 players after one season, but replaced them with some players who probably saved my job. The next year I was quite pleased that I didn't have anyone transfer, but I knew that that was probably going to be an anomaly, and yep after the next season, I lost 5 players, I had anticipated 4 of them leaving, but that 5 guy was a tough loss.

Throw in the fact that 2 of the 3 recruits that I brought in seem like complete busts(it's messed up but hopefully they'll transfer too, when they don't only play in garbage time this season) and I'm scrambling to put together a solid rotation, it's good stuff.
When you lose players to the Transfer Portal, do you get an email or anything with their reason for leaving?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2022, 07:49 PM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
When you lose players to the Transfer Portal, do you get an email or anything with their reason for leaving?
Yes, sometimes it's because they are mad at the coach or don't like teammates, but most of the time now it's because they are looking for more playing time. All five of the players that I lost this past offseason were because of playing time, and each of them definitely had one or two players in front of them on the depth chart who were going to keep their minutes limited.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-27-2022, 09:16 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yes, all three players I lost cited their position group was too crowded.

I've restarted as Radford, so I am back in the summer before season 1. My buddy watched me play much of my first year and couldn't fight the urge to buy it, so we are in a multiplayer league now.

It's funny how OS posting this review got them(Wolverine Studios) 2 sales they may otherwise never have gotten. I didn't realize these games had improved so much over the years.

― Plato
Old 03-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #28
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yes, all three players I lost cited their position group was too crowded.

I've restarted as Radford, so I am back in the summer before season 1. My buddy watched me play much of my first year and couldn't fight the urge to buy it, so we are in a multiplayer league now.

It's funny how OS posting this review got them(Wolverine Studios) 2 sales they may otherwise never have gotten. I didn't realize these games had improved so much over the years.
I keep a regular eye on them and yeah definitely have improved in almost every area over the past few years.

I will definitely say College Basketball and Pro Basketball are their two best games, I think CBB is the best though. I downloaded Pro Football and just have not been able to get into it like I have with the CBB game, it is not bad, but I do think it is behind the basketball series, if anyone was wondering. Luckily the demos are awesome and allow you to decide without any commitment.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:33 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I downloaded the College Football 22 demo and it also didn't feel like it was quite the game the college basketball game is, which is a shame. Hopefully that changes in the future and the football games can become just as good.

― Plato
Old 03-28-2022, 02:58 PM   #30
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I have mixed feelings about the transfer portal but on the game I really like it.

I did lose my favorite player though, right before his senior season.

Really does add to the game though, I'm happy it's included.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:24 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I've tried Googling it, but is there a guide that goes into detail what each rating actually does? The guide inside the game does not. Most of them are pretty straightforward, but I'd like to actually read about them just to feel more comfortable. For instance, does inside scoring mean post moves, or does it involve the ability to finish on a drive, or does scoring cover that? I just want some clarity.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2022, 12:06 PM   #32
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I've tried Googling it, but is there a guide that goes into detail what each rating actually does? The guide inside the game does not. Most of them are pretty straightforward, but I'd like to actually read about them just to feel more comfortable. For instance, does inside scoring mean post moves, or does it involve the ability to finish on a drive, or does scoring cover that? I just want some clarity.
I don't think it necessarily matters as to how the player scores, that's just the rating for their success close to the basket.

I'm more curious about the 'scoring' rating itself and why it's separate from 'inside scoring' and 'outside scoring'

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »