Home

Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness

This is a discussion on Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2022, 02:38 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I don't think it necessarily matters as to how the player scores, that's just the rating for their success close to the basket.

I'm more curious about the 'scoring' rating itself and why it's separate from 'inside scoring' and 'outside scoring'
I asked on the main forums and was directed to a thread that had a response from Gary, the developer.

Quote:
Athleticism does play a small role in playing aggressive defense but primarily is for press/trap options

Outside shooting refers to both longer 2s and 3s

Inside shooting is going to be shots inside the paint and short 2s outside

Scoring is the player's ability to create shots - they might not be good shots but it is his ability to either get open to shoot or create for himself off the dribble
https://www.draftdaysports.com/board...coring#p228207

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-29-2022, 07:42 PM   #34
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness

It implies in the description, but it's important to state flat out that players with a higher scoring rating are going to be the most aggressive in looking for their own shot.

Players who ruin seasons for you are those who have a high scoring rating and low FGI and FGJ ratings.

I use a 1-10 scale, if you have a player who has like a 2 in FGI and a 6 in FGJ(and those rating are accurate) with a 7 in scoring, and no one else on you team has a higher than 3 in scoring, then that player will probably take like 15-16 shots a game and shoot like 40 percent.

The type of offense you run plays a part too. You might have a Center and a SG who are both 5's for scoring but if the Center likes to spend 60% of his time in post, and you're running primarily a 5 out offense, then he's going to get a lot less shot opportunities than the SG who like to spent 40% of his time above the arc.

Also the more offensive freedom you allow your team, i.e., not running a set, the more likely that those high scoring players will just pull when they have the rock.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »