Home

The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4)

This is a discussion on The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #57
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The New Italian Stallion|Vince DiMare, Jr. (FNR4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
You really busy or something, dude?

I have been lately. But I'm back.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #58
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

BLemieux and hockeyplaya, you guys are hilarious. Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. I goy a lot going on. But I will try to make that fight happen.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #59
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Guess Who's Coming to Town

“Hello,” came a groggy voice on the other end of the line.

“Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Biiiiirthday, dear K.C.
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu.”

“Thanks, Vince. It's after midnight. I'll call you tomorrow. I have class at nine.”

“Okay, but before you hang up, I just wanted to tell you that I'll be in Chicago in like a month. My dad booked a fight for me at the Windy City Boxing Gym in November. Do you know where that is?”

“No, but I do know where my bed is and I want to get back in it.”

“Come on, Kris. I haven't talked to you since your party, you can't spare 15 minutes for me? I thought we were better than that.”

“Look, I'll give you ten minutes and that's it. I really have to get some rest. The class is boring enough as it is. If I go in and I'm tired, it's not going to be a good look.”

“Well, since you put it like that, I'll let you get some rest. But keep your calendar clear because I will be in the Chi and I expect you to show me around.”

“It's a date. See you then.”

A date? I like the way she thought. It was definitely going to be a date. One that ended in my favor, I hoped.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #60
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Counting Down

I looked at the calendar in my room. Only two more days left. I was counting the days until I finally made it to Chicago. I couldn't think about anything else. My ribs felt great and I was back to form within a matter of weeks. My dad had been working my *** like a Hebrew slave and I wasn't mad at him one bit.

I had just finished up a pretty intense sparring session at the gym and my dad and I were on our way back to the house.

“I haven't seen you work like that in a while. This entire week, you're just been working like a maniac. What's gotten into you, boy?”

“Nothing. I'm just ready to to head to get this fight underway.”

“Is that all you're ready for?”

“What do you mean?”

“Don't play stupid. I know you're going to see Kristin as soon as you set foot in Chi Town. Do you really need to go so early? I don't think so.”

"Dad this fight is in three weeks."

"But I don't think you need to be in Chicago right now. I know you're going to see her."

“Of course, I'm going to see her. She's my friend.”

“Now you're trying to play me. I know you two are friends, but I also know you. And I know you know that she's still dating Erwin Berry. So you need to watch yourself out there.”

“Watch myself for what? We're just going to hang out, grab a bite to eat, and play catch up.”

He put both his hands up and shook his head. “I don't want to hear anything else. What about Alyson?”

“What about her,”
I asked shrugging my shoulders.

“I thought you two were like an item or something? I mean, you meet her after work, she came by to visit you when you were in the hospital and at home. I don't know a girl who does those things for nothing.”

“Be easy, Dad. Alyson and I are just friends. She knows that I'm not trying to get into a relationship or anything like that right now.”

“Still holding out for Kris, huh,”
he said laughing.

I didn't find a damn thing funny. “Ain't nobody holding out for nothing.”

“Alright. Just remember that I'll be in Chicago two weeks before the fight. You better get your *** to the gym and work out. Doc already called his son and he's going to expect you in the gym. Work hard with him like you've been working hard with me. You got that?”

“Kerry, right? Yeah, I got it.”

He held out his fist and I tapped mine against his. I can't be held responsible if something happens between Kristin and me. We're both adults.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #61
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne58
BLemieux and hockeyplaya, you guys are hilarious. Sorry, I haven't been on in a while. I goy a lot going on. But I will try to make that fight happen.

Thank you

It's fine dude, nice update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 12

I know I'm funny

Nice update. So... you've done it with Alyson about... over 2 times, I think 3, and it's not serious. OKAY. You're gonna have to break up with her sooner or later, so don't lie to yourself.

Now, meet with Kristin. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA (cough, cough) HAHAHAHA
Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #63
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Playing Catch Up

I had been in the Chi for three days and I hadn't seen Kristin. Mostly because she had class and was tired when she got home, but she promised we'd get together for the weekend. I couldn't wait. I worked out with Doc's son, Kerry on yesterday. He reminded me of a younger version of Doc. The way he walked, talked, everything. He's a nice guy. He used to be a boxer until he was forced to retire due to some retinal damage. If he had continued fighting, he could have possibly gone blind. He was only 29 when his career ended three years ago. He was a going to challenge Antonio Margarito for the Welterweight title, but never got his chance. He doesn't seem too bitter about it though. He has a wife and two little girls that he gets to see everyday. Maybe I'll experience happiness like that.

I was sitting in the condo I rented on Michigan Avenue waiting for the phone to ring. It was after 5:30 and Kristin said she'd be here at 5. I decided to call her cell phone instead.

“I'm getting on the elevator, Vince.”

“Just checking. The game starts at 7.”

When I opened the door, I felt as if the wind was knocked out of me. I know it had only been about six weeks since I saw her last, but it felt like taking a drink after water after walking though the desert. I hated Erwin Berry. He didn't deserve her.

“Are you going to just stand there or can I come in?”

“Uh, right. Come in, come in. My bad.”

I gave her a quick tour of the condo and we were on our way out the door to check out Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls in a preseason match against the Washington Wizards.

-----------------------------

The game was great, Chicago beat Washington 93-70. I really wanted to see Derrick Rose, but he was having problems with his ankle so he didn't play. Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah looked good though. They really got after it. Tyrus dropped nineteen points on the Wizards and Joakim had a double-double, thirteen points and sixteen boards. They may advance past the first round this year in the playoffs.

After the game, we went to the Navy Pier and had dinner at Riva. The night was going great. We were walking along the pier listening to music and I was giving her an update on my boxing injury when I decided it was time to give her the necklace that I bought for her birthday. It looked great on her.

“This is really beautiful. Thanks.” She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“You're welcome. Just a belated birthday gift.” Just then, John Legend's “Save Room” was coming through the speakers on the pier. “ Hey, you still owe me that dance.”

“You want to dance now?”

“Sure, what better time than the present.”

Dancing with Kristin was everything I thought it would be. We were about to end our embrace when India.Arie's “Ready for Love” began to play. I pulled her back to me and we danced some more. As the song was ending, I decided to lean in for a kiss.

When she didn't pull back, I held her tighter. It was every bit as great as I imagined. I felt like fireworks were exploding all around us. To my surprise, it turned out that it was only the fall fireworks display and they were exploding around everyone. But that kiss was still awesome. I could tell she felt something too because she would have pushed me away if she didn't.

“Uh, I never got a chance to see your apartment.”

“Well, let's do that now.”

Was this really about to happen,
I thought to myself as things started to heat up in the backseat of the town car that I rented for the evening. Things were moving faster than I expected, but I wasn't going to complain about it.

Damn, can this car go any faster?
Old 06-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Playing Catch Up

FINALLY!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »