Home

StlDucks career mode

This is a discussion on StlDucks career mode within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-02-2020, 10:24 PM   #9
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: StlDucks career mode

The first transfer window of Ledley King's career has come to an end and like usual in Tottenham, it was pretty quiet. The biggest move Spurs made involved no funds being transferred but a straight up player swap. Midfielder Tanguay N'dombele was sent to OG Nice for right-back Youcef Atal. Tottenham have plenty of midfield options with N'dombele failing to impress in his first season in the Premier League, Spurs are thin at right-back down to only Serge Aurier as the only true RB in the squad.

"The move made sense to help our squad and also send Tanguay back to France where I believe he is most happy." Chairman Daniel Levy said. "Atal is the defender we have been missing to help with our fullback rotation and the deal made too much sense to pass up."

Other moves for Tottenham were all outgoing. Goalkeepers Michel Vorm and Brandon Austin were sold for a combined total of 731,000 pounds.

Barcelona were the biggest spenders with the top two highest transfers. Bringing in Lacazette from Arsenal and Michael Kean from Everton for a combined 150 million pounds.

Other key transfers
RWF Ferran Torres (Valencia > Napoli)
LWF Bernard (Everton > Bayern)
RMF Lazaro (Inter > Man Utd)
AMF J. David (Gent > West Ham)
CMF M. Lopez (Marseille > Barca)
LB J. Amavi (OM > Liverpool)
GK K. Schmeichel (Leicester > Liverpool)
CB R. Holding (Arsenal > Everton)
Old 04-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #10
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Can't believe you got rid of N'dombele. Lo Celso is always a beast for me on this game. Playing him and Eriksen together can get overpowering quick.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #11
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Can't believe you got rid of N'dombele. Lo Celso is always a beast for me on this game. Playing him and Eriksen together can get overpowering quick.
Lo Celso is awesome in this game for me with Winks or Dier playing behind him and Dele getting forward from midfield. Lo Celso is very quick with passes and is not easy to push off the ball so I like using him.

N'dombele has been awful for me in the exhibition games and the first game of this year. For some reason, every time a defender pushes him, he stumbles off the ball. His stamina is also not great (kind of like real life). With so many midfield options between Dele, Lo Celso, Winks, Dier, Skipp and Gedson plus the young guys like Amos for the future, N'dombele was the odd man out for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Excited to read this Stl!

The UCL Groups D & E are tough!

What's funny is that in my Chelsea ML Spurs play N'dombele at RB lol. I'm a big fan of his IRL but he's getting that Chelsea - Bakayoko deal where he starts out slow because of injuries and they just kill his confidence. He's a much better player than Baka though.

GL though!
Old 04-03-2020, 04:24 PM   #13
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Excited to read this Stl!

The UCL Groups D & E are tough!

What's funny is that in my Chelsea ML Spurs play N'dombele at RB lol. I'm a big fan of his IRL but he's getting that Chelsea - Bakayoko deal where he starts out slow because of injuries and they just kill his confidence. He's a much better player than Baka though.

GL though!
Thanks KG! That is a great comparison, I thought Bakayoko was going to be a really good player for Chelsea when they first signed him but like you mentioned, the slow start did not help him.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #14
MVP

stlducks's Arena

UCL Group Stage Match 1

Spurs start their Champions League campaign at home against Lyon. Tottenham will be wearing their traditional all white kits UCL kits while Lyon wear their normal away colors. Spurs are sticking with the 4-1-2-3 formation with new signing Atal making his debut at RB. Lyon are in a defensive 4-2-3-1 using two defensive midfielders.

The first half was all even, Tottenham coming close from a Harry Kane strike outside the box that went just wide. Lyon responded with a counter attack chance setup by Traore and taken by Memphis Depay that went inches over the post. First half ended 0-0 with Tottenham having 56% of the possession.

Second half started out with more energy from both sides. Lyon came out of their defensive shell and started holding more possession and creating chances. Hugo Lloris came up with three big saves in a row off a corner from Lyon that Spurs were not able to clear.

Harry Winks made a careless foul that setup Depay for a free kick opportunity. A perfect strike from the captain placed the ball into the top left corner out of Lloris' reach.

Depay watches his shot curve into the top corner

Ledley King subbed on Gedson Fernandes, Oliver Skipp and Ryan Sessegnon to change Spurs into a more attacking formation but the offense still were not able to find a way through. Kane connected on a header straight at the keeper for Spurs best chance of the second half.

Group standings
Old 04-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #15
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Tough start to the UCL campaign.. Getting at least a point against Barca will be huge. Need all 3 against Olympiakos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #16
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
Tough start to the UCL campaign.. Getting at least a point against Barca will be huge. Need all 3 against Olympiakos.
I feel like I'm going to struggle the first month or two this season as I get used to PES. I am getting better at making chances but my defense is awful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »